When is a spoiler not a spoiler?

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Okay, I'm mixed up about spoilers and thread titles. So many of us blab the content of spoilers in the titles of our threads or post spoilers in non-spoiler threads/forums and Poirot (bless her little hard-working heart) has to clean up after us.

Lately, I see so many posters blabbing spoiler information in non-spoiler threads about changes that are supposed be coming to Salem, including comings and goings of some of the Salemites. I know it's very easy to do but can't we be a little more careful for posters who don't wish to be privy to spoiler information? I know that, at some point, it is no longer a spoiler.

So, when is a spoiler not a spoiler?

Moving right along....

I don't have time or don't want to read certain threads/forums but it would be nice to have the threads at least give some idea of what the thread is about, without blabbing spoilers.

When I see a title like, "Did you hear what she said?" or "I never thought that would happen!" I tend to move on without bothering to click on the thread. I'm probably biting off my nose just to spite my face and might be missing some good reading.

How can I tell by the thread title what the thread is about?

I'm totally guilty of both of these issues.

I always used to blab in non spoiler threads. Usually with out even realizing it. Sometimes I do it because I forget I'm a day ahead. People ask "Well why did Chloe get eaten by the bear?!" and I blab, "Didn't you want today's episode?! The bear explained that he was jealous of her singing abilty and bosoms." Not realizing that I'm a day ahead.

But now that I've been here for 8-ish months, I've learned to hold my tongue. But I agree. I don't tend to look at those threads either, anymore. I'd love enough information in the title to give me an idea of the content, but not giving me every detail.

I'm sure that is confusing for those of you who see it a day earlier than we do in the USA. I'm glad someone agrees with me about those vague titles.

I agree too. Perhaps the poster wants there to be some mystery or wants to tease. It doesn't work for me.

Back