Why is Abby so special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boysmommy23

Reaction score
Ok, I have been reading the things on this site for years now and have watched Days since I was about 12 years old. This is the first time however that I have really felt compelled to post. I have been watching everyone on and off the show feel sorry for, and defend, poor Abby. What I don't understand is WHY?!?!?!

She is not exactly the innocent little flower that people want to make her out to be. Do we forget what she did to Austin? She allowed him think that he slept with her and almost ruined his relationship with Carrie. Then there was the way treated poor Chad and Cameron dangling them both on a string not wanting to commit to either one but not willing to let one go either. She is just like her mother. Couldn't commit to Jack or Daniel until Jack finally died. Then she pushed Daniel away only to send him mixed signals for months.

I have no problem with "the bad girl". I love both Sami and Nicole. In fact, I would love nothing more than to see Nicole happily settled down with a baby of her own. My problem with Abby is that she wants to put on this holier than everyone act and have everyone see her as the poor victim of E.J. instead of just owning it. She (and her mother) are SO FAKE.

When did Abby say to ANYONE or try to convince ANYONE she was EJ's "victim"?

I hated Sami during the years she plotted to keep Carrie and Austin apart. I loved Sami the years when she and Lucas discovered they had a thing for each other. I hated when Sami pretended to be Stan and then when she blackmailed Lexie to tell Carrie she would never have a normal baby. I loved her when she and Lucas reunited and had the green wedding. I hated her when she slept with EJ while Lucas was sitting in prison for protecting their son. I loved her when she fell in love with Rafe. I hated her when she had grief sex with EJ. My point is, I don't ALWAYS hate Sami.

O.K. I don't hate Sami. I dislike what she is doing a great deal. And I have disliked what she has been doing since she decided to cheat on her husband by sending him off to identify her supposedly dead son, so she could go have sex with the father of said son. Before that I loved Sami Brady, faults and all.

As to Abby....I really don't see anyone "defending" her. Au Contraire, nearly everyone notes she has admitted she did wrong, has owned up to it, has apologized, has corrected anyone on the show who has tried to put all the blame on EJ. No, she had the affair, she did it, is sorry, it was wrong.

Of course she is no innocent flower...but no one is defending her. Sure, they feel sorry because Sami seems to be going overboard in her paybacks, and taking great delight in it. But Sami's actions are having repercussions on others, and she doesn't care. Whether it be Aunt Kayla, or Rafe, or Jordan, or Johnny, Sydney, or Will, Sonny, or Gramma Caroline, or her mom & Dad....she really doesn't care. At least so far, she has not portrayed caring one iota. Even her twin brother is affected.

Abby HAS owned up to it all. Yes, she admitted also it was wrong of her to not be able to make up her mind about Chad and Cameron. She said so, said it wasn't fair to either of them.
Sami is a very colorful character, one who has been full of mischief and schemes for years, one who was well loved despite the flaws. She won't admit she was wrong about EJ, tho she knows it. She even told Gramma that she doesn't want to talk to family to hear "16 I told you so"s.
I don't much care for the character of Abby, she was a namby pamby to me. But she HAS OWNED up to her mistake, taken responsibility for it. She certainly is no saint, and no one says she is.

I'm definitely not defending Abigail's actions. The thing is she has done a lot more to own up to her mistakes than Sami has for any of hers when confronted with them. So for that, she does get some credit over Sami (if we're comparing the two characters as the thread seems to be set up to be). I know some on here think that the way Abigail has owned up to it isn't quite enough and what exactly is the right way to accept responsibility for being the other woman, and that's a good topic for debate elsewhere. I think there are still a lot of things that Abigail is blind to or willfully ignoring (her going after unavailable men, her indecision over Chad/Cameron, her real feelings and expectations about EJ, for starters), so Abigail doesn't get off as innocent or a saint in my book.

The Chad/Cameron thing, I still don't get. Why did she have to choose? What was the urgency? Couldn't she just be a girl who didn't want to be pressured into a committed relationship until she was ready? I don't think she knew what she wanted or even knew how to say it even if she figured it out. That one was a lot of poor writing and set-up and lack of clarity by the writers that I still can't figure out why there was a triangle there in the first place.

BUT, I haven't seen Abigail let anyone believe EJ was the aggressor or not correct someone when they assume that to be the case. Her manner just isn't as vocal or as loud as other characters, but she hasn't shied away from saying it was mutual or that she is to blame for it as well.

And I'm not a Sami-hater. I love Sami sometimes, get tired of her antics at other times.

My opinion... most everyone on the show is trying to make this all EJ's fault and that somehow he is to blame for it all.. she has very weekly tried to say she has had some part .. but most are trying to make her out to be the one wronged here and somehow manipulated into all of this by EJ. For them it is easier to blame EJ than think any wrong of little Miss Angel (Abby) Horton.

Yes, most everyone on the show is trying to make this all EJ's fault and that somehow he is to blame for it all.. she has very weekly tried to say she has had some part .. but most are trying to make her out to be the one wronged here and somehow manipulated into all of this by EJ. For them it is easier to blame EJ than think any wrong of little Miss Angel (Abby) Horton.

I think when most Salemites talk about what happened (with one another), they say it was all big, bad EJ's fault, while Little Red Riding Hood (Abby) was just skipping down the wooded path to the cabin and was devoured by the big, bad wolf.

BUT, when talking directly to Abby, she is quick to say she was just as much to blame as EJ.

I just do not understand how or why Abby should think by just saying "I''m sorry" to Sami, all should be forgiven and they all can move on with their lives?? They all are acting like Abby and EJ just bumped fenders of their cars and Sami should just get over it and not be mad any more at Abby.

I think this is going to play out for a while longer.. Until EJ comes to Abby's rescue and his feelings for Abby really show up.

Every time someone brings up what junior/Abby did, she owns her part, she has said that junior didn't force her, she is just as much responsible for the affair as junior is, and she should only own half of it, junior isn't innocent in this.

I've been watching old clips of Rafe/Sami and in one Sami told Rafe "that she never thought she would find a kind of love that her and Rafe have, she waited all her life for a man to love her the way he does"!

So YES I'm mad at Sami for breaking up a great marriage and family, for lies, manipulation, and schemes! But this is Sami/junior relationship, it never change!

deleted disrespectful question....Poirot

I think part of it is because we (the viewers) have seen things folks in Salem haven't. The fact that she initiated the first encounter at the cabin, she followed him into the shower, she went to his office and offered to be his mistress, and then when they were at the park recently it was very obviously she would continue the affair in a New York minute.

EJ certainly did his part in the entire affair but no one expects better of him. Abby does say she was to blame also, but it's always with that sad look that makes people feel sorry for her. For several reasons, I have no pity for Abigail at all. Do I think Sami is perfect??? Absolutely NOT!! Do I think Sami is going a bit overboard?? Absolutely, I do!!

Do I realize that this is just a soap opera and there has to be drama?? Yes I do!!! I'm not at all sure where the writers are going with all of this, but surely it can't go on until October. I hope Sami keeps up the hate for EJ and ruins him personally, but I am not sure that will happen.

Wonderful posts! Am definitely NOT a Sami hater. But I will not support her with her abuser in any capacity. That is why I don't give two figs that Sami was cheated on. What peeves me is the blatant favoritism to the EJ/Sami coupling.

As compared to her all out rage over Abigail. Be mad, fine, but don't rake one over the coals and be ready to forgive the other, had your son not walked in. How does that make sense? It doesn't and I will NEVER buy the love between EJ and Sami. No matter what else they have her say or do when their past and very recent history speaks for itself.

HelplessRomantic, it's kind of like I said in another thread. The venom in Sami's voice, her demeanor really comes out against Abigail, especially when she confronted Abigail in front of Jennifer. She's mostly ice-cold around EJ, so there seems to be an imbalance of anger placement. We've seen that Sami's ice-cold manner around EJ is a mask, but I think I'd still prefer to see her rail against him with all her might, to hit him with the same venom and outrage and fire that she has verbally hit Abigail with.

But she isn't deadly silent. She talks to EJ, just in an ice cold aloof way. No venom at all, the only insults she imparts are to call Abby names.

And she seems to easily get to feeling bad, ready to forgive EJ, but then someone says something and her resolve returns. So, though she seems intent on punishing EJ, getting revenge, it is nothing that cannot be changed in the blink of an eye. She is very different towards Abigail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back