Will he or won't he?

If Will had been brainwashed, he would "remember" life as EJ, he does not. Had no idea who the heck Sami was, certainly not his mother, and then was surprised when he heard the name, as this was who Susan said was his ex-wife.

Sorry but I disagree. Susan hemmed and hawed when answering. She never said Will just didn't remember anything but she did say over and over that Rolf would have done anything for her and brainwashing could very well mean the removal of Will's memories by Rolf. It doesn't mean that he absolutely had to replace his memories. We know Rolf has done these things more than once before so it is possible. I doubt this will ever be addressed again on the show.

Shall we all figure the funeral director was paid off to say nothing? Or was he too embarassed that he did not have a body, so said nothing? LOL.
I guess the writers will cross that bridge if they come to it, and are backed into the proverbial corner. Or, should I say, "coroner?" (Sorry, folks, it's late, or early, depending on how you look at it.)

Last edited:
Back in the 70's, a popular TV character was killed off. Viewers had fit and complained to the network. Realizing how popular the character was, it was decided to bring her back. The story was written that she didn't die after all, but was saved through experimental treatment and had been hospitalized in a coma all that time, unbeknownst to family/friends.

I later met the creator of the show and got to know him well. One day I asked him why no one (on the show) ever said to her, "but we had a funeral" and why subsequent episodes never had people say "Didn't I hear/read that you died?" He said it was discussed in meetings, but ultimately the decision was made to "gloss over" any mention of a funeral, burial, etc.

I'm guessing 40 years later, the whole "glossing over" plan still holds true in these storylines.

I love Will, but hate that he can't remember. I am also a little sick of him acting like he is the only victim here. Yes, I know that what Sami did was wrong, and a whole lot of crazy. However, after mourning him for 2 years, Susan has him hating his mom. He, from the start, refused to notice that Sami and all of his loved ones are also victims here. To me he seems to be acting a lot like the mom that he claims to hate by being selfish and only noticing his own pain.

Will has had to absorb a lot. And first was that the woman he loved and trusted as his mother had been lying to him all that while. So the whole Memphis life was a lie, though he was pretty happy. He HAS mentioned being gay, but Susan negating it so much, he just kept quiet, and let her think she had succeeded.

But in Salem, everyone knows he is gay, no secret, all is o.k. That makes him feel good. But learning of what his life was REALLY like before his memory loss......just wayy difficult.

You know, people have accidents, lose some memory...maybe a few minutes, or hours, or even days before the accident. That is a well known fact (and it happened to me...(losing the couple minutes). When people say where am I, what happened...they have no recollection. For Will, he lost over 20 years. I still think he needs to talk to John, who has a big tale to tell, for sure.

Back