Will is stupid

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Yesterday Will took a huge step forward in being just as stupid as his mother. When he was meeting with the people from Sonix, they told him to keep his life separate and not share his personal story to Paul. Instead of Will preparing for how to respond should Paul ask or how to frame his questions properly, his brilliant idea is to take his ring off and pretend he's not married.

Why doesn't Will understand the simple concept of don't go into details about yourself? How does that translate to pretend to be something your not? And why did they feel that they had to instruct him on how to do an interview? They hired him. It seems to me that if they didn't think he understood that interviews are about the subject being interviewed and not a discussion on the journalists life they shouldn't have hired him in the first place.

There are two possibilities. The writers are just that bad at writing. Or, they suspect Paul has another secret and Will just might be able to weasel it out of him and would jump on it to get his story out considering the way he took the hatchet to his own family.

I agree. This so so dumb... The writers aren't giving the viewers any credit (because we're screaming at the screen that this is dumb) and they clearly are showing the character has impeccably stupid judgement. They should just write him as the stereotypical dumb blond unless they're going to change this path to make him a ruthless guy who would do anything for a story (which I just don't see for this actor... they'd have to recast...)

Oh, WhizG........I do think Will has become a ruthless guy who will do anything for a story. I don't care for the new Will anyway, but he can frown and pucker his lips and be ruthless in my opinion.

I guess he didn't want to have to answer "who he was married to" questions? That's the only thing I can figure, to try and be as "neutral" as possible. It's still dumb. It's really not that hard to answer "yes, I'm married, back to talking about you now".... you don't have to say who you are married to.
I'm going to go with the writers are to blame. this is just really dumb writing. Lucas needs to come and discipline his idiot son.

You know the way the guy (sorry don't know his name) and Zoe acted, I am almost sure that they have an inkling of Paul's sexual history with men and need Will to confirm it. That would make more sense in Will not revealing he is married. In their minds maybe they are thinking...who would know if a man is gay better than another gay man. Also Paul would be more likely to show his card to him. So that is why finding out that Will was married to another man, kind of threw the guy for a loop. I also think Zoe is ruthless and would understand the effect this would have better than anyone.

Now the only thing that doesn't come into play for me, is the fact that Paul requested Will specifically. :confused:

Will is revealing himself to be as selfish and childish as his mother. It's painful to watch, I really had the highest hopes for Will and Sonny to be the one sane couple in Salem. It's becoming more and more obvious that Will isn't really mature enough to be married to anyone, especially not Sonny. There's already enough crud on the table for Sonny to walk at this point, in my opinion. Nobody needs to even actually cheat. :(

I believe Paul wanted Will to write the story because he knew Will did the story on Chad. (which he apparently liked)

I wonder if Paul actually knows who Will is married to. He held Will's hand a little to long today and gave him a "look". I still think Paul is trying to cause trouble for Sonny and Will.

I'm no expert at being in the closet but I think it's safe to say that if you are trying to keep that closet door locked you don't look someone up and down giving a "yum" look and Paul has done that to Sonny, the bellhop and Will (a journalist who would out him to further his career). So not wearing the ring did sell Will as something he's not (single and available). With the ring on maybe Paul wouldn't have so obviously hit on Will. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I would also suggest that Paul searched information on Sonny and found a great coinkydink and is going to use it.

Will taking his ring off was stupid, indeed....but if you have a wedding band on, how many people ask you anything about your marriage?? In "normal" life, it wouldn't necessarily be a question at all (nor even a comment) Then again, since when is Days "normal life"?

Also, not every man wears a wedding band, although more in today's society than, say, 50 years ago.

elaine

Will taking off the ring certainly does not bode well for him and Sonny. If EJ was still alive and well, practicing law, and married to Sami, and he took off his wedding ring before meeting with a young, attractive client, Days viewers would have little doubt about what would come next. And if Sami found out about her ringless husband, there'd be hell to pay at the DiMansion.

So is Will going to start coming up with stupid schemes that Sonny will have to bail him out of? It's the next step in becoming the next Sami Brady. Followed by yelling, "I hate you!" to everyone that tries to tell him that he's being ridiculous.

I used to think Gabi was the stupid one in this Gabi/Will/Sonny family but Will makes her look like a freaking genius. The only person dumber than Will in Salem is Brady.

I think Paul has the goods on Will. It wouldn't be that hard to find out whom Sonny married after Sonny said, "I'm married."

SarahBeth Paul is doing a terrible job of being in the closet. (This has annoyed me to no end.)

And to answer your initial thesis, YES THE WRITERS ARE JUST THAT BAD. Middle schoolers craft more thoughtful stories than these hacks.

Back