Will

The Will who appeared to Lucas in the church was just Lucas' imagination.

But from everything Ron Carlivati has said in interviews, we believe Will is alive somewhere. The Salemites go to Memphis for a big story, which we think is how they will eventually find the alive-and-well Will.

Also, Chandler Massey (Will) said Will is alive and he reshot scenes originally done with Guy Wilson (ex-Will).

The story could still go another way......if Ben is returning, he could be having a flashback of killing Will (thus reshooting that scene).
I really liked Will appearing as Lucas's imagination, since it meant that down deep, Lucas realized he was going downhill, and failing family, and himself.

I know Will appears in a dream to Sonny, which disturbs him, he talks it over with Paul. I don't mind these kind of appearances at all.

When folks talk of "legacy" characters dying, has that not happened thruout the soap's history. What larger legacy than Tom & Alice Horton. Addie Horton. Then Mickey Horton. Pop Brady. Zack Brady. Bo Brady. Stefano DiMera.

I know I was very upset over the death of Zack Brady, even the loss of JT. (to his bio father, who moved to Iowa)..who I truly wish would come to Salem.

I would be happy to see JT back again. Maybe that's who Christopher Tyler is playing???? Wishful thinking.

I'm much happier that Will was just Lucas' brain talking to himself. I was going by actor release dates. Will was scheduled to be on 9-15 and then no Sami until a month later, it wouldn't make sense.

I saw someone tweet this article/interview with Chandler Massey (Will). Not sure if it has been posted here before.
Link
"Ultimately, it was about timing," Massey said via phone about his decision to return to the show. "I got my economics degree at UCLA, and I was never happy with Will dying. Will is a part of me — I was hoping for a chance to come back and finish his story."

When Will is first seen, he's a ghostly figure, a figment in the imagination of Lucas, his alcoholic father. "He's presented as Lucas' ideal of Will," Massey explains, assuring us that Will is indeed alive, and that there will be a plausible explanation regarding his survival.

"When the audience sees the real Will, he's none of the things that Lucas imagined," Massey said. "He has grown up to be very much like his mother Sami, which is fun to play. Will can be bitchy, like Sami."

Chandler Massey noted that these characteristics are what will make his storylines equally fun for the audience. "Audacity can be very entertaining," he said.

One of the storylines viewers can expect is Will's being reunited with ex-husband Sonny (Freddie Smith), who's now engaged to Paul (Christopher Sean). "Sonny was Will's first love," Massey explains. "Now that Sonny is with Paul, there will be problems."

The actor notes the importance of the show having three contract players playing gay roles.

"It's more representative of the world," he said. "When we have Donald Trump, a champion on exclusionism, in the White House, we need more shows, more books, more music to spread messages of love."

Massey added that he takes his status as a gay icon in stride.

"I really didn't have any idea that was happening," he said. "I was blown away when the character resonated with viewers as he did."

He said that he has high hopes for the show’s continued success. After reaching a recent low point in ratings, viewership is once more moving upward. Massey credits much of this to the writing of Ron Carlivati, a soap veteran known for his strong prose. Carlivati was a recent hire on "Days of Our Lives".
I bolded the parts that I found the most interesting and give some more needed tidbits. So it looks like Chandler Massey (Will) has contract most likely for one year. Also, it looks like they will continue to make him be more like his mom. Guy Wilson (former Will) didn't managed to do it right so maybe Chandler Massey will do better.

I will say that other characters like Lucas, Carrie, Kate, Marlena, etc, didn't take Sami's BS and she had consequences most of the time. Her schemes used to blew up in her face. So if they want Will to be more like his mama, they better not have Sonny being the doormat he use to be or Paul for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hate when celebrities take advantage of an interview or personal appearance to mention politics.

So, Will is not going to be a nice guy, huh? Well, he wasn't anyway, so not much different.

I like it and not much surprised Will has adapted into Sami. He was clearly showing signs of that right before his death. The Will that Lucas spoke with has been gone since Sonny left Will, that's what I feel had turned him over to the darker side. Though he did cheat in LA, could've always been there.

@ Scarlet, don't forget this is Days, and this show has the power to make the impossible happen beyond reality in real life. So don't think too hard about Will, you might get stupified beyond help trying to make sense out of what you will see on this show. LOL.

Well, I'm going to take back my remarks earlier. I thought the scenes between Lucas and the ghost Will were great. I'm really fed up.

Back and forth, Will's dead, Will's alive, at this point I wish he'd just fade away.

Back