Wondering about Clyde and Marlena

Marlena is in love with only one man (John) and it showed because she barely left his side while he was hospitalized. I was thinking Clyde could hurt her. Especially when he figures out that John is a billionaire. Clyde is a very dangerous man. I figure if or when John returns.......... he will pick up on this (John's police instinct). Even Rafe was really concerned today about her treating Clyde.

edited---deleted spoiler...Poirot

Am not sure, but thinking that perhaps Clyde is trying to get his ducks in place.....in the event that Marlena talks to Jordan.....or to Ben. He plays his own games, and is a master manipulator, so if someone said anything about mean, cruel Clyde, he has made sure marlena would be thinking that yes, he was in the past, but is trying to change, blah, blah.
I just do not trust Clyde one iota. He may talk different, but Stefano was the same way. All friendly and nice, but plotting and planning to pull the rug out. Marlena has certainly had plenty of experience with that type, so Clyde may not find it so easy.

It's hard to tell, which I think is one thing that the writers are doing well. At first I thought he was doing so Marlena wouldn't think he's a bad person, in the event of Ben or Jordan speaking with her. But he has a sincerity about him in those scenes with Marlena, so maybe not. But it's probably a mix of the two.

I think it's just a ploy of some sort. Who knows, maybe Jordan tries to bring charges against him, after all this time. Then Clyde's attorney can put Marlena on the stand to talk about how he came to her for help about his past as a "monster" father.

I believe it's a mix of the two, I think he started this whole thing thinking, if he could get Marlena to believe that he is truly sorry for the way he treated the kids so many years ago, then she could back him up when it all comes out. But ends up getting some real results from seeing Marlena. I'm scared that he may develop an obsession over Marlena through this process.

Clyde surely has an agenda, but Marlena may be able to "shrink" it out of him, lol. Anything that happened between Clyde and Jordan or Ben is probably beyond the statute of limitations for criminal charges.

I had a similar thought but wouldn't doctor/patient confidentiality supersede everything else. That's why I'm so confused about his motives. I definitely think he is up to something just can't figure what.

Not in Salem. Besides, he might think it's enough just to be seen going to Marlena's office. Jordan works at the hospital, so do her friends, etc. I vote that Clyde is up to no good. I just hope Marlena gets a sense of it and uses some leftover DiMera cocktail on him. Ship him back to Poplar Bluff soon, I say!!

Agreed: Clyde saw Jordan talking to Marlena, and he decided in that moment that he needed to make a move. I think he is seeing Marlena to get a head start on things, in case Jordan goes to talk to her. (Though the conflict of interest idea is a good one - in that Marlena would no longer be able to treat Jordan.) It also occurred to me - what if the stories that he is telling are not actually about his own dad, but about how he treated Ben and / or Jordan. He seems like he's manipulative enough that he could treat kids like that and be fully aware of what he's doing. And that might possibly make Jordan look crazy, by telling the exact same stories. Probably not what's going to happen, but I just got a strange feeling about it.

Back