Worst of Days in 2016

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SoapCentral runs hot and cold for me, but I usually do enjoy the Alex North awards. I wonder if they get paid reasonably well? LOL

I generally agree with about 90% of what they say in these recap columns. And I'd like to announce my intention to steal the phrase "hindsight rewrite" because I have a feeling that we'll need it a lot in 2017.

This is how I summed up Days for the year...
Apologies if that's a bit too dark, but as I look forward to reminiscing about Days in the future by looking back on shows that have gone, I have realised I have forgotten entire chunks of stories in some shows' final years because there's always a "moment" where you realise the show is not the one you have loved (and defended to friends and family) and is now a shadow of its former self. (This can also apply to friendships, jobs, and relationships.) And that moment or story is the thing you remember as being "at the end" (not just "the end" for you, but actually at or near the end of the series) of the show...until someone points out that it ran for a few years after that.

To me, Chase raping Ciara on the Horton couch is the moment that I (and perhaps other fans) will look back on as being one of the last things that happened on the show...even if the show goes on for another 2, 5, or 10 years.

I hope I'm wrong.

Tony at SoapCentral said:
we got an eleventh hour, never-heard-of-before bad guy, who is more powerful than Victor, Shane, the ISA, or one of Maggie's hugs. I'm breaking out the rolling "Rrriiiggghhhttt" for that one.
OK, now I'm starting to feel like they are reading our posts/tweets because I keep recalling things that either I have said or Heather has said or JustSamantha or DrBakerFan have said. It's happening through this whole article. LOL And this quote is particular to the story point I had a really hard time with (and during a bit of a bout of illness, tweeted a lot about). I can't decide if I'm thrilled that others feel this way, worried that I'm being tailed, or offended that my ideas are being copied. :wink:

I wonder if Corday reads press like this? Or Dena Higley (headwriter)?

The only thing I really disagreed with here was Julie. While I agree with the description they provided, I think giving her a Worst character award is a bit much. I feel like they should have placed her in a different category. I feel like Summer would have been a better fit for Worst character.

Another thing I want to point out. I loved how the article had said that Deimos is overused lately and is involved in almost every storyline. That is seriously true. I hope the writers take this into consideration. This is exactly HOW they destroyed Daniel's character and made fans resent him (even to this day after his death). Lately Deimos is like Daniel part 2, with a twist.

That's basically what I feel they did with Deimos. They killed off "Dan the Man who Can who Tans" to replace him with a man just about the same age as he is and also that is instantly interested in Nicole. Now Deimos is suddenly deemed the Kiriakis savior and runs everything, with Victor okay with everything taking a back seat. What?!

If anything, I would see Justin taking over, not Deimos. Now he is in just about every single storyline NOT involving him. Chloe's pregnancy is so past done for Deimos to be involved in. He is definitely the Daniel replacement, the name even starts with a D.

Back