1-20-2016 - Donuts and Hot Cocoa

K

ktspirit

Good morning. I was supposed to take Remmy to the vet at 8:00 for a two week follow-up, but I decided not to go. After paying almost $300 for the last visit, I can't afford another dime right now. I guess poor people aren't supposed to have pets to love.

When it's cold, I don't like going outside. Sometimes Remmy asks to go out when she just went out. Maybe she is bored and just wants to play. My solution is to make her put on her coat, which she doesn't really like. Then she decides there are fun toys in the house to play with instead, lol!

Be safe!

Winter weather passed me by last night. Today it's cloudy. High in the low 40s.

Since I'm finding the the phrase "All the Days of our Lives" in the Bible a lot, I
decided to do internet search. I was curious how many times it was and
variations of it was in the Bible. My search came up with four, but I think there
are more than that.

kt, I hope Remmy is feeling better. Too bad you're not close to a vet school to
get her treatment.

I hope everyone has a carefree Wednesday.

Good morning. Kt, seems like you're onto something with the coat. I trust Remmy will be okay without the followup. You are so connected with her, you would probably sense if something wasn't right.

It was 25* when I got up at 7:00, is now all the way up to 26*, some two hours later! Will reach low 40s* though. If the wind doesn't blow, it may seem warmer than yesterday. It got to 60* and I was in and out all day, wearing a jacket and a knit cap but still cold.

Kat, your Bible search is interesting. Lots of treasures in those pages. I'm glad one winter storm passed you by. There may be another one on the way. Enjoy what you can. Same to all of you.

Good morning all. wonder of wonders, it was 6 above this a.m. Yes ABOVE. LOL, it is now 10 above. Ha.
Kat, I know the title of the show did come from the Bible. A few weeks back, I had to read some bible verses at church, and yep, I got one of the "all the days of our lives".

It would be nice if characters on Days would put on coats before going outside. LOL No sun here today.

Good morning. On the few days it is cold here or wet, Mr. Gus hates going outside. He will use his doggie door and go just far enough and then he is back in. I swear some times he leaves a foot on the doggie door threshold. Coats don't work well for him, as he has an "aiming" issue.

EVERYONE in the upper corporate level will be in the office this day. I got a call in the afternoon "do you have a corkscrew?" the office doesn't and I don't personally either. I guess we are going to have wine at the office for the grand opening. Yippee, I guess.

Have a good Wednesday.

Morning all,
It's funny how "warm" 6 degrees feels when it's been -20 for so many days in a row. :rotfl: It almost feels like a heatwave today.

The Girl Scout meeting went well last night, although it left me exhausted. And tomorrow we have the Cookie Rally to get all the girls excited about selling cookies. Glad I get a break tonight to recover.

Have a wonderful day everyone, please stay warm & safe.

JS, I don't drink either and have worked for companies that found it great to give alcohol as Christmas gifts. I worked for a Neon Sign company that every time they finish a huge sign we all were invited out to the warehouse to drink! When we did the Time/Temp sign that hangs in Time Square, we were invited out to put a light bulb in and then participate in chugging shots of vodka? I always wondered as many walked out the door to go home how they got away with this?

It has literally rained day & night for 4 days now. I'm not complaining too much as I read all your temps but to just see the sun and blue skies would lift my spirits!

Have a great day
Shannon

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today has been an okay but busy day. I went to work, came home and had dinner. After dinner I have been doing some things around the house and right now I am waiting for a load of laundry to dry. It is so funny that when you are actually waiting for the load to dry it feels 10 times longer then it does when you are busy doing other things. It has been so busy this month that I am in disbelief that the month is just about over. I can not say I will be sad that this month will be over as I am not a January fan.

Today was cloudy and a little cold but not too cold compared to the temperatures we had earlier this week. Like some of you it seemed like a heat-wave. I will take it though and this winter has been such a snowless winter. We have gotten snow but not a lot. I just hope that mother nature does not save it for April or May. I will not be a happy girl if this happens.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Wednesday evening. Much happiness and love to each and everyone of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
JS, I used to drink, but stopped after a scare many many years ago. No one was harmed but what COULD have happened showed me I needed help. I hate going out with a group of folks and they all order drinks and dinner and then want to split the bill equally. Ah, let's see, your 3 gin and tonics were $21.00. My one refillable diet soda $2. Where is the fairness?

I always state beforehand I will pay for MY dinner, my drink and my share of the tip. But I will not equally split the bill. Now that one of my sons is a sober soul, he looks at me at some of the family gatherings and quietly asks me if he was as dumb as his brothers are. Yep. He shakes his head and apologizes for his old drunken self.

Back