1-26-2016 - Donuts and a Tuesday Meeting Day

What a difference a day makes It's sunny, but in the 20s today with
the wind. I should have worn my ski mask when I took my walk.

robin, enjoy the meetings

I hope everyone has a good day.

Morning everyone,

School was delayed 2 hours today due to the ice and snow. I must say I was very surprised by that. It's very rare to delay school in Wisconsin for 4 inches of snow. So I got to work 2 hours and 15 minutes late, goodbye vacation time.

My mother-in-law will be going home today or tomorrow for in-home hospice care; family just needs to get all the arrangements finalized and get the equipment to the house. At least she will be in comfortable surroundings, which will make her happy, and make visiting more relaxed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good afternoon.........sorry I am in so late.....snowing again today, all day. It stops for an hour or so, then starts again. This is to be the story all week. I put on the scanner to see if plows were out. Sure did not seem like it. But I never ever heard as much chatter as I did today between school bus drivers, reporting back, mentioning dropping off all the kids, bus is now empty, reporting when someone wants to get off at a different stop. Was sooo odd. No idea if it was because of weather, or something new, or if there may have been a problem?? Just odd.
Finished the laundry, at least the stuff I needed done. Still a bit more to do.....will be later this week. Not wanting to venture out on roads with all this off and on snow, so staying in.
A friend called me yesterday, her sister lives in KY, and was so sick of being inside after 4 days, and said they cannot venture out. Those areas do not have the plows, etc. needed for big storms, (impractical expense) so when one hits like this, Big Trouble.
Our government is still shut down...yesterday and today. No idea about tomorrow.
Got a kick out of Kat's thread of the various weddings in places greatly affected by the storm, but the show went on anyway. LOL

Ah, Robin, and then those who want to escape the summer heat in FL, AZ, NM, TX, etc. all flee up here, and thus, we have monthly blood drives all winter. LOL

Sorry for you all with the meetings, glad it is turning out better than you probably thought it would. Hope hubby's chair is o.k., OC, and Manda, the one thing about hospice is they really do want to make you feel and be as comfortable as possible.

I am hoping lovo is doing o.k. with hers...take care all.

Good evening all,

Was 50F and sunny here, so some of the snow started to melt. And tonight's low is 34F, so it will continue melting overnight. Yay! I'm tired of it already. Skipped the gym today--was too tired--and right after school, had work. Closed myself for the first time. It was nerve-wracking, and I probably didn't get it exactly perfect, but I hope the boss will be pleased. Also, there's a few cute guys that work there..hehe. Hopefully we'll get to know each other better and maybe something will come of it, but if not, who cares? Hopefully I can make a friend or two.

Manda, hope the hospice care works out for your mother in law.

Have a nice night everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back