3/1/24 - Donuts and Texas Independence Day!!!!!

Have a great time, rfsexton!

It is also Baby Sleep Day, which promotes healthy sleep for babies, adorable!

1709303568815.png

Breakfast at Burnt Biscuit turned out to be a nice surprise...

The cashier came and picked up my ticket
Turns out a young man at the table next to me paid for my breakfast and also incuded a nice tip for my server. I hope God richly blesses him

Re baby sleep day......
Put them on their back and lose the fancy decorative bedding to prevent accidental smothering

It's cloudy now and in the 50s. The sun should be out this afternoon. Last night, my area had precipitation.
It started out as sleet, then some rain. I didn't see any white stuff that was suppose to be falling.

This morning, I'm doing more cleaning. I'll do studies this afternoon and maybe more cleaning.

rf, it was nice of the young man to pay for your breakfast.

robin, thanks for posting the article.

I hope everyone has a fine rest of the day.

Interesting article, Robin. Poirot, looks like you got out of the cabin/lake recreation business just in time. It's hard for me to imagine people lamenting a milder winter, though I do understand why they would. As the article described the effects of such a weather occurrence on the locals, and pointed out it's not filled with drama like a tornado or a flood, it made me think of how it's like a drought in that respect. It's a creeping disaster.

Squirrel, I'm glad you're getting a nice weather day and are able to relax and read some.

Kat, I'm trying to talk myself into going out and walking to try out my new counter, since I haven't walked the past couple of days. It's been too chilly and breezy but is warming up this afternoon. I have been wearing the counter all day the past two days though, and this morning I did a little experiment. My house is constructed such that you can go in a circle all the way through it, by going through each room. So I went all the way through first with the counter attached to my pants on the thigh area. Then I went through with it attached at my waist. The number was the same in both cases. I think it was 48. I'm assuming that means it doesn't make much difference which place I attach the device and it's more comfortable for me at the waist. I know you said you'd heard it's better to wear it at the thigh, so can you tell me where or if I'm going wrong here? I do want to have some confidence of the accuracy of what I'm doing

Sexton, what a delightful surprise at your breakfast! (Gotta love the name of that place). I had a similar thing happen to me at lunch out recently. It makes one feel so good. Sort of lifts the spirits for the day.

Wilde Woman, what an adorable baby picture! Maybe the message will reach some of the younger parents who may not know about safety practices.

The cowboy came out to check on my limping bull this morning. He comes and goes like a phantom so I haven't heard from him but he should be letting us know whether we need to move the bull to a place where he can be penned and examined in a chute or not. Or maybe he can make an assessment just by looking at him unconfined. He's so much better at identifying problems than we are.

Happy birthday to TEXAS! Not the happiest one, with the fires that have been raging. (Lil0, thank you for checking on me). But we do love our history and our state!

OC, as long as the counter is close to your leg than it should work. I did a test in my house. I counted steps as I walked and
checked the counter. It was close to the same amount. I was interested to know how much walking I was doing at church and
that's why I bought it.

rs, I'm glad you're having a restful day before your busy work week next week.

What a wonderful & thoughtful surprise for your breakfast. You know, you could pay it forward.....sometime in the future. However, this was something that made the young man feel good.....so you should just accept it. I like to think the person perhaps lost someone, mother, dear friend, and seeing you had him thinking he wished that person was there, so.......
Several years ago, I was driving to Chicago, a friend here wanted to visit her daughter in the Racine area, so drove with me, meeting the daughter at the oasis where the the interstate divided, with one part off too the left to the Milwaukee area, and the other continuing to Illinois. Well......we stopped for lunch in the Dells area, and as we got in line at the cashier, the woman in front of us, turned and said she was paying for our bill! My friend was adamantly refusing, but I told her we should let the woman do it, she has a reason, and we cannot spoil it for her. My friend backed down, but insisted then on putting the money into a charity cup, (a different spot in the restaurant).
When someone does a kind thing.....one should be gracious and accept it. Not doing so spoils it for the gift giver, who is feeling good because they are doing something nice, & unexpected for a complete stranger.
Guess we all may look at the situation differently.

That was so cool. He felt good about what he was doing, and did not want any thank you (s) or a refusal. Am sure he was feeling so good, smiling as he pictured your face & surprise when you learned what he had done.

That was the same way it happened to me recently. The person had already left before I found out.
Poirot, I agree with you 100%. Although it doesn't apply in Sexton's or my situation, since the person was already gone, in cases where they might be present, receiving gifts graciously is a way of showing kindness too.

I've tried to buy an elderly person's lunch twice now in 2 years and I was scorned both times for even thinking such a thing!
I guess they felt embarrassed but I didn't make a spectacal out of it. It made me really sad, my intention was only to be kind...oh well

Oops I goofed..... county took the Holiday on Friday It's today

I've tried to buy an elderly person's lunch twice now in 2 years and I was scorned both times for even thinking such a thing!
I guess they felt embarrassed but I didn't make a spectacal out of it. It made me really sad, my intention was only to be kind...oh well
I think you have to take care of it with the waitress or cashier and then leave before the person knows about it. Then if they have a problem with it, you don't know and it's not your problem. I think most people appreciate it and feel blessed.

I don't disagree ladies. I was in a line up at Tim Hortons which is Canada's version of Crispy Cream. They offer a good lunch. We were standing in line. I was was behind one gal and said " I'd sure like to pay for your lunch" but the look I got was evil...sigh.
I'll try your way next time and be anonymous.

It's happened to me twice at the restaurant
1st time Got in conversation with a lady at the table next to me... as the husband went up to pay their tab he picked up my ticket off my table and paid mine too. That place brings nice people

Back