3-9-16 - Donuts and rain

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Morning everyone.

It stopped raining last night before I went out. I saw the end of a rainbow.
Another busy morning with mahjong and other errands. Goldie and I will be
out early walking. Hopefully, before the rain starts again.

I hope everyone will have the best day possible

Good morning, Kat, and all who will be up and about soon. Fog here, they keep saying rain, but none, just more melting. 39, this a.m. so, it did not get down to freezing last night. My road out is rather treacherous, the ruts, soft slush, & mud. OC knows exactly what I am talking about, minus the slush. LOL One thing about all the ground that is beginning to be showing is one gets to see the debris from storms, the brown grass, branches, pine cones, old dead leaves, brown pine needles (yes, stuff keeps falling even after raking up in Oct/Nov.)

Good morning. Another beautiful one here, but the sun will disappear this afternoon. That's when the rain you've been having will move in. The worst of it will be tonight and tomorrow. I'm not thrilled, but we need the rain since we didn't have enough snow this winter to replenish the water table that my well draws from.

I'm staying in the office today to work on referral follow ups. Not much else happening.

Enjoy your day, kat. I hope you and Goldie don't get rained on.

Poirot, my yard is a mess with small branches and pine cones. I just don't have the energy to clean it up. I'm supposed to do that before the guys start mowing.

Good Morning friends.

Well today it will be atleast 11 degrees above yesterday and normal. It's a trend since the last week of January. Atleast this starry morning sky is a beautiful vision.

Another busy day. So exhausted and the week isn't half way through yet. This weekend my plans have been wiped clean so I can rest and recuperate!

KAT: hope your morning walk with Goldie is a beautiful one sans rain. Enjoy your day.

POIROT: please by careful driving on your road between the slushy junk and the left over storm debris. Raking is great exercise that never ceases no matter where you live in the USA.

SQUIRREL: enjoy your quiet day at the office. Glad the rain has a good byproduct in replenishing your well water reserve. I have to rake every day or it's just too big a job for me too.

JS: Watching your lilacs grow while smelling their beautiful aroma is a real treat. Hope you'll take a picture for us later when they're in full bloom.

Be careful in the rain everyone and enjoy your Wednesday.

Good Morning Everyone,

It rained here over night. It really seemed to perk up all the plants, so much so that my lawn started to turn green. Such a strange sight for early March.

JS - I'm rather jealous that your lilacs have started to bud. They are one of my favorite flowers. My lilac bush that I planted the first fall that we bought our house, finally had lots of flowers last spring. It only took 8 years. My husband kept wanting to dig it out. Glad I told him to just be patient.

RS - enjoy your quiet day.

Barb - be careful in the mud.

Kat - enjoy your walk

Noel - be careful not to over work yourself, it's so easy to do sometimes.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning one and all!

Did I ever mention how much I hate, loathe, and despise eBay? For the last four days, I've been patiently watching an auction which -- in 4 days -- had two bids. I made up my mind what I wanted to pay for it, and -- like most auctions, it looked like I would get it.

In the last 24 seconds, some jerk comes along using one of those "bid sniper" sites which sneak bids in at the last minute and steals my bid. I got so mad that I took a BIG chance and ran his little jerky butt up $200 more dollars just to get the item... I could have ended up paying way too much (I still wanted it) but in the end, all I got was upset... I don't think I'll ever even bother with eBay again..

@Poirot - How's your finger?

Good morning everyone!

Another sunny day in the 70s here.

Hope you enjoyed your walk kat.

Be careful on those muddy roads Poirot.

Hope you have a quiet day at the office rs.

JS and manda, we have things starting to bloom here too. The grass is already mostly green.

Noel I hope you get your energy back soon.

Wayne, look at the positive. That jerk had to pay more money for the item. Still sucks you didn't get the item you wanted because of a sneak attack.

I need to go to the grocery store before work today. Otherwise I won't have anything to take for lunch. Or I guess dinner.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Morning all. Rain? What is this thing you talk of???? We had, I believe hunny bunny counted, 17 drops in the pool Monday morning, the day we were supposed to get rain. We did get the nicer cooler weather. And I missed the "rain". Oh well, there is always next week because as Noel said earlier, we are back above normal, and dry.

I've stopped using Ebay bidding. I only purchase the item on the Buy It Now option, because I'd lose out to someone seconds before the auction closed. No bids, just someone watching and seconds before it closes bids. Grrrrr.

I called my dad last night. He argued with his wife over whether or not it was Tuesday night, while I listened. He told me all about the conversation he had with my brother. I took notes, typed them up and sent them on. It was all made up (according to my dad); my brother hadn't talked about any of what my dad thought they talked about. And my dad asked how my sister was doing, she has the flu you know??? She didn't/doesn't. I was the one with the flu. I now need to make a note, when very tired, don't call your dad you, need strength to deal with him.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Good morning. Robin, your dad's view of reality sounds like what I'm dealing with day in and day out. I know better than to try to reason, but it's hard not to, when some people have a personality that won't easily let things drop. My heart goes out to you.

Speaking of which, last night was rough here. I'll just say the native was restless and leave it at that. I finally took some Benadryl in the middle of the night and slept for a few hours but then was awakened around 5:00 or so. Now I'm hung over from the Benadryl and lack of sleep. Really need to go get some groceries. Damp out, with sprinkles. Don't know if it will rain more or not. Thinking I may stay home and make do anyhow. Just too tired to make the drive.

Yes, Poirot, I do know about the muddy roads, and have even had snow slush in the mix at times, though not lately. Our mud can be slick as ice sometimes. I hope you don't do any slippin' and slidin' today!

Was supposed to be sunny until this evening and then horrible rains! It's been raining all morning on and off - LOL! Gotta love those weathermen. Wish I could be that wrong at my job.

I love lilac bushes but they do not like me. We had one right outside our bedroom window and we couldn't open the windows when it was blooming or I would be so stuffed up. After all we are called the Lilac City!!!!

I hope everyone has a good day. Rain rain go away!

Shannon

Good evening. It's been a slow week this week and I'm glad for it. We've had rain some this week, with more chances until this weekend. I think I've finally caught up with all my shows and made good headway on my to-read pile of books on my nightstand. Next week is Spring Break so I've got to figure out something that will keep the girls busy.

Did your bathroom get finished, Rocky?

I got a short nap this morning, then went on to town. Tomorrow the physical therapist comes, then Friday, the nurse, so It almost had to be today. Glad it is done! No real rain here. I have a feeling we won't be getting anything more than dampness and sprinkles for the rest of the week, which is okay.

Hello everyone. I've been outside most of the day. It was warm (80*s), partly cloudy and breezy; great for mowing the grass. I got most of the yard mowed, finally came in to clean up and relax, then my mother called. She has already messed up her computer I just spent all that time fixing for her, lol. She boldly admitted she had been clicking on anything she could, lol and grrrr. I need to go to town in the next day or two for Remmy's monthly flea/heartworm medicine, so I'll have to stop by mother's and see what I can do to help. I'm tired from all the work today, but it's a good tired.

Take care, folks.

Noel ~ glad you are trying to get in as much rest as you can. Be well soon!!

Pouring rain here this afternoon and evening, and now the winds are really picking up. I expect there will be a lot of power outages throughout the region. There was a warning broadcast on TV this afternoon about the danger of high winds in the area. That was the first time I had seen such a warning. It was similar to an Amber Alert.

Stay warm and dry and safe.

Kat, I don't know if my mother is downloading anything, but I can't deal with this over the phone. It's hard enough working with her in person, lol. As soon as I ask what she sees on her screen (talking over the phone) and she tells me, she is already clicking away before I can explain what to do, lol. This is not working! :rotfl:

Back