7/11/21 - Donuts & a Smile

Sun shining brightly, gonna be in the mid-80s today, will be going out for the paper, in a bit........hey, instead of waking at 3, this a.m. it was 4!!! Progress.......lolol. My son-in-law arrived safely in North Dakota, is visiting family, and there is a funeral. Daughter was to go, but decided to stay here, continue helping out with her dad & me.......Got a bit of clutter taken care of, but now I have one drawer in the file cabinet that won't close completely. just stops, about 4 in. Took the whole drawer out, no blockage in back so must be something with the slider rails I guess. Tho cannot tell what.

But am gonna try for haircut and getting oil change for the car over the next few days, if I can.

Our restaurants here are all closing hours earlier than normal, some only open 3 or 4 days a week, because of help shortage. Nearly every kind of business has a help wanted or now hiring sign out.

Enjoy your Sunday, my friends.....God Bless.

I'm having another cloudy day. The high will be in the 70s, but the humidity is over 70 percent.
After breakfast, I worked outside. The fog came in after my walk and there was mist. I may go
out again after my noon meal. I wore myself out using the saw this morning.

Poirot, I'm glad daughter is staying longer to help you out.

I hope everyone will have a peaceful day.

Good morning. Another sunny day, but last night was a night of chewable air. I posted a video of the storm in yesterdays Donuts. Last night HB put a queen size blow up bed in the living room to sleep. Normally he sleeps in his chair. But every now and then he wants to stretch out and the Beast has the couch. So rather than bouncing the beast I now have a queen size blow up mattress to walk around. Another don't get me started issue.

I'm glad you have family help staying at the house helping, Poirot. Hope you get the drawer issue figured out.

Off to put plants back on table after the storm last night.

Robin, that storm looked pretty nasty. Was there lightning in the background? It's been a long time since I've seen rain and dust in the same storm. I had to grin about HB and the air mattress. :rolleyes:

Kat, 70s* this time of year would almost be cold! Using a saw tells me you have considerable upper body strength. No wonder you were worn out!

Poirot, that cartoon is extra funny because it's not a stretch to think there are people today who would believe this is a new technology. I also am so glad your daughter is there with you and helping. Hope you get the drawer straightened out. The restaurants around here are having the same problem. The main one in the town where I do most of my business--very popular, was always full--had to close up and move to a tiny building and do take-out only. In the Wal-Mart town, a long-time popular Italian restaurant recently had to close temporarily (indefinitely?). Both these situations were due to not being able to get help.

It came up a cloud in the middle of the night. I got 0.7" at my house. Others in the community got over an inch. I would have taken my 4wd truck to church but it's over at my niece's house. I was debating on whether to try to go in my car but I couldn't find my car keys so that decision was made for me. I ended up going in my old clunker, which does not have 4wd and hadn't been started in a week or two (bad me) and smells mousy. The road weren't as bad as they could have been but rough where there are washouts on the county road, and water was over the road in my driveway and my car is very low to the ground so just as well. But I still haven't found my keys. It was 69* this morning but now it's 99* with 40% humidity.

I've been using weights for my arms for over 6 months. I'm only using three pounds
weights, but I can tell a difference, I try to do use them twice a week.

robin, I hope you won't hurt yourself falling over the air mattress on the floor in the
middle of the night.

OC, I hope you'll find your keys. One time I found my keys in the car. I try to keep
them in my purse when at home, but sometimes that doesn't always work.

Kat, I had the same thought about Robin--hoping she won't trip on the mattress on the floor. I trip on things easily so I try to keep my path cleared.
I've had some 3 pound weights for many years but I've never stuck with using them. I don't really know how to use them. Do you have a few different exercises you do with them?

I found my keys! I have a small purse I've been carrying. Doesn't hold much but I always put my keys, along with a couple of other things in the main part of it. I keep credit card, driver's license, insurance cards in the one zippered part. Somehow I had accidentally gotten the keys into the zippered part.

OC, I'm glad you found your keys.

I do several things with the weights. I try to change it up to make it interesting. I stick my arms out and move them
together. I push my arms up and down over my head. I do leg squats holding them in my hands. I started slow and
now I do more reputations of each exercise. Most of the ones I do I've made up on my own. I use my step stool for
stepping exercises. You can do a search on the internet and find easy weight exercises.

I don't venture out of the bedroom after I've gone in at night, unless there is an emergency and so far that doesn't happen often. During the day HB had decided to lean the bed up against my bookcase, so I haven't had to deal with it today.

Back