9/12/2021 - Donuts and Fresh Fruit Compote on Waffles

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, that's what I would be having if I had anything besides two days past prime bananas and no other fresh fruit.... In addition I really don't want to mess the kitchen making waffles so..... for brunch we will be having cold cereal....

Not much going on we are still living with excessive heat warnings so more A/C and darkened rooms..... The BEAST and I did go to Home Depot yesterday. We walked through the "Scary" Halloween section.... all was going well till the "Feed Me Seymore" bush was activated by Vinnie walking by and bent down as if to eat him.... ah... ya lots and lots of barking at that plant..... we eventually made it through the display..... and snack size humans asked to pet him.... so it was all good in the end.....

Peaceful Sunday to all....

Good afternoon.....back from church, tho did not think I would be going. Caregiver did not show up this a.m. tho usually comes 10 min or so early, I called the "boss" left message, & she arrived an hour late......she got confused, looked at the wrong month, I guess, so was just lounging around at home. Since she came in time to get breakfast (I already had done meds, coffee......I got dressed, & went. Even got to the store for the Sunday paper after. There was supposed to be a hearing aid place, so I drove around that parking lot/stores, businesses.....nope. Not there. No idea if there is even one in town now. LOL( I am having a hearing problem for a while now, I was tested over a year ago, just was putting off ........hubby got ill, etc.
My lunch now was a piece of kringle (coffee cake, thin, but has a filling). Sun is out, will be low 70s today. If wind doesn't start up, should be lovely day . Take care, all.

It's sunny and in the 80s today. I worked in the flowerbed before Sunday school class. Then I worked on the
honey suckle before church time.

The highs the next couple of days will be in the 80s. Sounds great. Maybe rain on Wednesday.

Yesterday at Walmart, I saw mini waffle irons at the endcap where cereal is. I didn't buy one and it's
not very big.

robin, I need to go Home Depot just to see the Halloween stuff.

Poirot, I'm glad the caregiver finally came. Sorry you couldn't find the paper.

I hope everyone has a restful afternoon.

Hello. I went to church this morning. I haven't done much else. I'm really wanting to go to sleep but it's too late in the day for that. Don't know how I'm going to stay awake.

Robin, I'd love to have some waffles but if I'm going to wish for it, I'll wish for it with real maple syrup. If I were to eat that, I'd probably be wiped out for two days, barely able to get from one chair to the next. I can't do the fruit thing.

Poirot, your caregivers seem to have a hard time keeping on track. I wonder if they are overbooked like nearly all kinds of businesses that I personally know of or just hear about. Nobody seems to be able to keep enough help these days.

Kat, 80* days sound so nice. That's about ideal for where I'd like to stay. We're still getting in the 90s* though but it was 63* this morning. Enjoy those pleasant temperatures.

When I was coming up my driveway on the way home from church I saw some pretty wildflowers that I didn't remember seeing before, although they looked familiar (from pictures, I think). I've been looking through pictures online and I think they are Basket Flowers. They have pink and white thistle-like flowers, which are spindly, wispy. We don't get a lot of wildflowers in the fall but there are some pretty ones here and there. I saw a butterfly on the ones I saw this morning.

We spent the day doing yard work. And of course I did laundry.

Had awesome news Friday - Calleigh is being inducted to Beta club (an honors club for A and B students) which is amazing for her because she works hard for her good grades with all her learning disabilities.
Got the proofs in for Siege’s casual senior pics too and they are amazing which makes it hard to order lol.

we are supposed to be getting rain most of this week, I’ll believe it when I see it.

I’m so sorry about the caregiver poirot but glad they did finally show up.

Robin - I’m laughing about the beasts interaction with the decor.

Kat - 80 sounds nice.

Good evening everyone.

It has been a lost weekend after 12 hour days Tuesday through Wednesday plus working 8 hours on Friday. I was lucky to get to the laundromat early Saturday. Then spent the rest of he day on the couch or in bed.

Wasn't moving fast this morning, but watched Mass on tv at 6:00 a.m.
Was trying to get moving when Cindy called. She had her daughter bring her home last night so she could try to get some sleep in her own bed. She didn't have groceries, but said no when I said I'd go shopping. Went anyway, and ended up making a big pot of beef vegetable soup my family's way with a tomato broth base. Took a container of soup and other things over to Cindy for her dinner. Her daughter is picking her up tonight again since they'll be at the hospital in Pittsburgh tomorrow.
Her son had another 8 hour surgery the other day to repair his hip and knee.

It is now after 9:00, and I'm fading fast. Off to bed I go.

rs, does Cindy's son still have fluid on his brain? I'm glad Cindy was able to come home.
I hope you slept well after your busy week.

Last edited:
Back