9/13/21 - Donuts and a Lost Morning

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Hello! I don't know where the morning went. I went to bed late last night and woke up late this morning, after waking a few times earlier and going back to sleep. After breakfast I went out to my storage building and dragged out a few items of clothing and poked around at the mess in there. Seems like it's always either too hot or too cold for me to work at cleaning it up. Hey, that's as good as any excuse. But it really did get too hot in there so I'm back in the house trying to decide what to do next.

Hope the week is getting off to a good start for everyone.

It's another nice day with sun and high in the 80s. I did one project outside this morning. I
took out the rose bush. It took longer than I thought it would. The roots were hard to get
out, but the bush is gone now. I want to put a peony in the side bed next year. I probably
should have waited until it rained, but who knows when that will happen.

OC, I'm sorry your day isn't going well. I hope you're have a nice afternoon.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Good Afternoon,
Crazy busy morning at work I even shortened my walk to a mini walk for about 10 minutes instead of 20. Better than nothing, but not really what I wanted to have to do. I have a Girl Scout Leader meeting tonight, here's to hoping it's a very short one, as I really don't feel like being there for 2 or 3 hours. I do however have lots of stuff to pick up, so I need to attend. I guess if it gets too long I'll sneak out early, I wouldn't be the first person to do that and I'm sure I won't be the last.
It's currently 69*F here, it's truly feeling like fall more and more every day, including all the trees that are starting to turn colors.

OC - sorry you still have such high temperatures.
Kat - I love peonies, I hope your bush thrives for you. Their fragrance is like heaven to my nose.
Robin - I think that's the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

Good afternoon everyone.

I had 2 schools at 2 different locations in the same town. The first school only had 12 kids in attendance. The second had 4!! COVID-19 is running rampant here.

The only good thing is I was able to have lunch at the office today.

Spent some time on the phone with My doctor's office to get a mess straightened out. I received an email all in red from Express Scripts (online pharmacy used by my insurance company) that my prescription refills were canceled by my doctor's office. I called, and left a message wanting to know what was going on since I just saw the doctor in August. The new person, placed by the main hospital in Pittsburgh, who called me back said it was to inform me that Dr. XXXXX is no longer with that office and my meds could not be refilled by them. I asked why that should concern me. She very snottily said "Well, because you're his patient". I replied that I've never been to that doctor, and I've been a patient of Dr. YYYYYYY since July, 1989. Complete silence. I told her that I wanted it fixed immediately or I would call Dr. YYYYYYY's private cell phone to complain directly to him. (I would never do that though he did give me the number for emergencies.) I kept checking my "patient portal" and my insurance portal to Express Scripts to see if I needed to call the office and complain about the person to the hospital system's human resources in Pittsburgh. As of 2:25, my Rxs are being filled. GRRRR I've never had a problem with anyone at the office until now.

OC - I completely understand having "lost " time when nothing gets accomplished.

kat - Your side flower bed will be beautiful no matter what you decide to plant.

robinsnest - Funny, but what a complete waste of grant money.

Amanda - Crossing my fingers that your meeting is a short one.

Yes, Squirrel, what Manda said about your meds mess! Good grief!

Manda, I hope things go smoothly tonight so you can get finished in record time.

Kat, was your rose bush in bad shape or did you just get a hankering for something different?

Robin, I agree with Squirrel. That cow thing was funny but yeah, a waste of funds. This could give a whole new meaning to portable potties. Maybe it could work with dairy cattle or any that are kept in confinement but for free ranging beef cattle--are they going to strategically place hundreds of potties or latrines through the hundreds and thousands of acres where these cattle are constantly moving around to graze? Or are they going to train the cows to walk a mile or so to the nearest facility every time they need to relieve themselves throughout the day? Silliness!

Good Day to everyone. I had to sneak out of the building to get my first post done, as this site and many others are blocked by the schools safety measures. All is going well. My knee is killing me, I have nothing do do at work..... I had no idea that "I'm too Stressed" was a viable excuse to miss school or "School is Overwhelming". Not to mention all of the menstrual excuses.....

But I am old and was never given a choice to go to school and I didn't have the internet or a cell phone giving me advice. We got 2 of the 3 networks and the 3 local tv stations..... So I didn't know I could do this...... my home life with my dad would have been a daily excuse for me to not go.... oh well....

I hope OC enjoy's the article on what she can do in her spare time.... I'm sure Mother Earth will thank her.... while her neighbors think she's nuts

rs, I'm glad you got your refills fixed.

robin, I'm sorry your knee is hurting. Hopefully, when this work time is over it will feel better.

OC, the rose bush was here when I moved in. It never bloomed like some rose bushes do.
So, I thought I would do something different in the side bed.

OC, I kept picturing the extra $$$ your would have to spend, plus time, giving the cows "treats" every time they used the latrines, and that would be during and after you went thru the "training
period. LOL
When I lived in Illinois, I had peonies lining the entire side of the house, and then also in a "garden patch I made at the end of the back yard. My neighbor there loved it as they were practically on her property, so when I sold the house, she told me she was going to "own" them to the new owners. LOL Then the neighbor on the other side, asked if she could take a few of the plants to put on side of her house. Sure, go ahead, there are plenty there. I missed that so much moving up here, but, bees, wasps, ants, gnats are just too plentiful, and bothersome when one tries to "garden". Sigghhh.

Robin, I hope you can get relief for your knee by resting tonight. How much longer will you be working this time around?

Kat, rose bushes don't have much appeal if they don't have a lot of pretty roses on them. You will enjoy the peonies.

Poirot, I can't imagine having such a pretty yard. Sometimes I look around and long for a lovely, well-groomed yard but not enough to want to leave here.

I finish this contract this coming Wednesday. I am almost counting down the hours..... I have 6 hours tomorrow and I have no idea how many on Wednesday. Currently I have PT at 11am I start work at 8 so most likely I'll go in at 8 leave at 10:30 and return after PT and work till 2:30.

I have plans for the rest of this week and into next week. The following week so I'll not be able to continue the contract, should they ask.

I'll be able to do summaries a couple days a week. I'm looking forward to not going in to an office.

Back