Ari Zucker (Nicole) interview

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice interview in a popular soap magazine, talks of how she has played the character for around 20 years, has grown/changed herself, as well as the character. Her fav storyline used to be the baby switch story, but said she really is enjoying the story she is doing right now.
(Don't know if that means what we are seeing, or what she is currently filming)

But interesting comment was about the death of Daniel being a game changer, marking Shawn Christian's exit (Daniel), how you are not happy when anyone leaves the show, but how she felt this "tremendous amount of guilt", when someone gets fired, and she was the one who got to stay.

She hopes no new romance, etc. for Nicole. She also says that Greg Vaughan's (Eric) leaving the show was because he wanted to move forward in his life, to do other things. (which sounds like this was Greg's choice).

That's odd about her saying Greg Vaughan (Eric) left the show was his choice, to do other things. It contradicts his one interview (recently) where he talked about how the writers basically drew a name out of the hat as to who would be the drunk driver to kill Daniel. And it was just the luck of the draw. But he was thankful to at least have had such a meaty storyline before leaving.

Greg Vaughan (Eric) also displayed much displeasure in that interview, said he hoped he would get to come back, as his exit did leave the door open. I remember that, because it really ticked me off that they were getting rid of him.

Only reporting what Ari said. It could be Greg was right.....luck of the draw about who would be the one to cause Daniel's death. But he easily could have already said he wanted to leave. And perhaps he does want to try some other things, but is not averse to returning to Days later on. So they both are right. :confused: :)

I suppose, when we think about it, that driver that caused the accident could have been Jennifer, just as easily. She has said she skidded on the black ice, car spun around, etc.

Wasn't arguing it, just wondering why she gave a different version than what he did in his interview.

But interesting comment was about the death of Daniel being a game changer, marking Shawn Christian's exit (Daniel), how you are not happy when anyone leaves the show, but how she felt this "tremendous amount of guilt", when someone gets fired, and she was the one who got to stay.

That's the part that is interesting to me. I thought Shawn Christian (Daniel) left to pursue other options, that he was in a movie. I'm shocked that they fired him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seemed like Greg Vaughan (Eric) had said in the same interview where he talked about being fired that Shawn Christian (Daniel) had left to pursue other things, not that he'd been fired too. Maybe I read it wrong, but the firing was news to me until last week or so when I read it here.

I suppose, when we think about it, that driver that caused the accident could have been Jennifer, just as easily. She has said she skidded on the black ice, car spun around, etc.

I really keep thinking that that is what will finally come out. Jen's car skidded into or towards Eric's car and he had to swerve. Guess maybe that would have come out already but would be a nice twist to the story. Although Eric was drunk so that's still bad.

Reactions: jgk
Back