Cox Subscribers/Peacock Deal

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep Watching

Hello,

The limited-time Peacock Preview you received through Cox will end on January 15, 2023 With this preview, you’ve been able to access either Peacock Premium at no additional cost, or Peacock Premium Plus at a discounted rate with your services.
What’s changing

After January 15, 2023, Peacock Premium will no longer be included at no additional cost with Cox's services and
Peacock Premium Plus subscribers will no longer receive a discounted rate.
What do I need to do?

If you wish to maintain access to Peacock Premium or Peacock Premium Plus, you will need to subscribe to those services by January 15, 2023. Otherwise, all Peacock Premium and Peacock Premium Plus customers will automatically revert to content included with the Peacock free tier.
Thanks,
Cox

I sent a message to Peacock on Twitter and asked if they were going to offer special pricing for the
Cox viewers who would lose Premium. The person said nothing so far, but maybe they will.

Remember free version won't have Days with it.

I had read somewhere that Peacock was again offering that big discount for a year..... $20)I tried to find it, all I came across was this.....????

They specify you agree to their details & terms...have no idea what they are. They MIGHT be you agree to full price after the year is up.

You know, Amazon was suddenly charging me $16 per month....evidently for prime, which I had not ordered......but I had gotten Prime before with a special deal. I protested, they removed it, then it appeared again this month. I called my bank, who checked on it, said it was going on my debit card, so bring it in, they destroyed it, & I am getting another. No idea what the blazes was going on.

Last edited:
I buy a lot of items on Amazon. I always tip the driver who brings groceries, my reason for not tipping on Amazon itself is that when the driver gets a tip from Amazon, it is taxable and I never know for sure the driver got my gratuity. So I make sure that I tip in cash, and thus they get the tip right away, and it is all theirs. Recently Amazon Fresh Foods has been charging me a $7.00 tip for service, not on the website when I enter my order, but as a special charge they deduct from my checking account.

You can be sure I got my money back, and I doubt they will do it again. If I go to the local grocery stores, I always tip the person who takes my groceries out for me and puts them away safely into my car. Most of the time, they will decline it as it is against the rules of the store for them to accept tips. But I am happy to say that while so many of the hard workers are sad to say not able to take tips, I realized that I often times, find money they dropped on the ground right in front of me. I present the tip to them, claiming I saw them drop it. The smiles I get and the huge thank you from them makes my old heart warm. There is always a way for us old timers to do the right thing by those who work hard to help us.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Does that start now, or not actually available until Friday???

Ah, but not available for existing customers......just new. (I tried to get my present subscription extended. No dice. (I took advantage last September when the went streaming and offered Days at reduced rate, I think it was $1.99 month)

They’ll have a ton of subscribers but no revenue. I mean, what is the service really worth?

When I see sales like this, my instinct is not to buy, but to wait until my interest lines up with the lowest price I've seen. So if I cut my cable cord, I'll lose Peacock, and have to wait for another 99¢ sale....

You probably wouldn’t get the deal if you’ve been a previous subscriber within a certain amount of time (like 90 days or six months), but you could try signing up with a different email address.

KEEP STREAMING PEACOCK
As a Cox customer who upgraded their subscription to Peacock Premium Plus, you’ve been enjoying the best of Peacock, with limited-time access to Peacock premium content, ad-free. As of January 18, 2023, this limited-time access is ending.

However, if you would like to maintain your access to your Peacock Premium Plus account without any disruption, you can apply this special voucher of $2.00 off per month on Peacock Premium (currently $4.99/month) for 12 months.* This discounted amount will be charged in addition to your fee for Peacock Premium Plus.

If you do not take advantage of this special offer, your account will automatically revert to the Peacock free tier on January 18, 2023 and you will no longer be billed an additional charge for Premium Plus.

YOUR UNIQUE CODE:
TAKE ACTION
Redeem by January 17th, 2023*
*Offer redemption valid until 1/17/2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT. If offer is not redeemed by offer expiration date, current Peacock Premium and Peacock Premium Plus customers will only have access to content included with the Peacock free tier. Eligibility restrictions and terms apply. For complete details, visit https://www.peacocktv.com/offer-terms/cox-offer.

In my email today

Last edited:
Does this mean to keep Peacock Premium plus you have to pay for Peacock Premium too? That's wacky. I'm
waiting until it expires with Cox before I do anything.

Back