Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, October 22, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It is nighttime, and we see the good doctor at the pool again when he looks up and is surprised by someone he sees. Lucas and Chloe are snuggling in front of the fire. Chloe says Sami drives her crazy and now she’s pregnant and wonders when Sami is not pregnant. Lucas doesn’t want to talk about it but she continues to talk about Sami until Lucas tells her enough is enough. He doesn’t want to talk about Sami anymore because it’s the same old boring thing with her and he doesn’t want to ruin another evening with Chloe. They snuggle down on the couch for a round.

At the police station, Sami is still with the artist who is trying to draw a picture of Marino’s murderer when Marlena walks in. Sami starts blubbering trying to tell her what happened, but Marlena says she already knows. Sami talks about how she’s freaked out.

Lexie and Tony are outside the pub and Tony tells her he’s very concerned about her. Tony reminds Lexie she wanted to speak to him urgently and he wants to know what’s going on. She talks about her part in the mayor’s murder that she may be the one who got him killed.

At the mansion Nicole is having cramps when John walks in. John thinks Nicole is having the baby and wants to call an ambulance but Nicole refuses. She tells John she’s already been checked out and the doctor gave her a clean bill of health. John is concerned that something may have changed and she may need a second opinion but again, Nicole refuses.

Sami is still talking about her nightmarish experience and Marlena wants her to calm down and tell her what happened after she saw the killer. She says he pointed the gun at her and told her to shut up and she froze but she finally hit him with her purse and ran. She relates how she told EJ and Nicole what happened and Marlena agrees she must have been terrified. Sami wonders who would want to kill the mayor. We see the killer speaking to someone on the phone saying that by the end of the day Samantha Brady will be dead.

Nicole wonders why John is pushing her to go to the hospital given how much he hates hospitals.

She calls John humor deprived. Nicole tells John she doesn’t want to complain to EJ again, because he’s already called her out about her feelings about Sami. Nicole knows she went overboard and doesn’t want to do it again. She asks John to promise he won’t tell EJ about her little episode.

As the police artist leaves, Marlena comes in again and wants to take Sami home, but she says Roman asked her to stay put for awhile. Marlena offers Sami and the twins a place at her home for awhile.

Lexie tells Tony about the ultimatum she gave Stefano and thinks maybe that’s why the mayor was killed. Tony assures her she did what she had to do but she still thinks her ultimatum resulted in murder. Tony says they can’t automatically assume that Stefano was behind the mayor’s murder and that Stefano would not have had the mayor killed outside his own home. Lexie has a gut feeling that Stefano had the mayor killed for her. Stefano is talking to someone on the phone and wondering how he could have let something like that happen on his doorstep. He raises his voice as EJ walks in and tells Stefano they need to have a little chat.

Back at the pool, we see that it’s Philip that Daniel had spoken to. Philip is very angry when Daniel asks him what he’s doing there, and Philip retorts that it’s his house and his name on the mailbox. They talk a little back and forth and Philip slugs Daniel.

Stefano wants to know why EJ is so hostile and EJ he is yelling about finding a dead body on his doorstep. Stefano notices the ice cream that EJ got for Nicole and EJ tells her about Nicole’s trip to the hospital and that she has to avoid stress. Stefano seems very concerned. EJ leaves the foyer and John comes in to talk to Stefano. John tells Stefano that he knows Stefano put the hit on the mayor and that Sami saw the killer’s face. He warns Stefano that if he hurts one hair on Blondie’s daughters head he will come after him. Stefano seems to think it’s very funny. John repeats his warning and says that if anything happens to Samantha, Stefano is dead. That seems to wipe the smile off Stefano’s face.

In the afterglow in the fire’s glow Lucas and Chloe are talking about how lucky they are to have found each other. Lucas says Chloe is a keeper, and they go for another round.

Marlena assures Sami that there is room in the townhouse for the twins and her. Sami refuses her offer and Marlena wonders if she has another plan. Sami tells her mother that she is staying with Lucas and how happy Allie is about being with both her parents but Marlena wonders what Chloe thinks about the arrangement. She suggests that Sami talk to Chloe about staying there. Sami tells her not to worry that she’s not going to turn the Horton cabin into a war zone. Marlena wants Sami to tell her the truth about why she’s spending so much time at the cabin. Marlena doesn’t want to put Sami on the spot but she has sensed something different about her the last few days. John walks in and wants to know what they’re arguing about. Marlena tells her what they’re talking about, and John extends his offer to stay with him. She leaves to call Lucas to pick her up and Marlena says she can give her ride to the ferry. Marlena tells John that Sami is in some kind of trouble. Lucas is too busy to answer the phone.

Abe comes outside, where Tony and Lexie are still talking. He wants Lexie to come inside and join the news conference. We see Stefano lurking in the shadows. Much of the show, Lexie and Tony are talking about the same thing.

EJ and Nicole are sharing the ice cream as he feeds her. EJ tells her that Stefano is under strict instructions not to cause her any stress. She is very happy that EJ wants a family and a picket fence with her and that she wishes she had a recording so she could play the conversation over and over. EJ tells her he will just say it over and over. He says he wants the same things she does and with her. As they talk about baby names she doubles over in pain again.

At the news conference, there are questions about the mayor’s death and how he was killed in front of Stefano’s house. The reporters bombard Lexie with questions about Stefano and a how he funded the mayor. Abe assures everyone he has never taken a dime from Stefano and never will.

Lucas decides to answer his phone as Sami starts screaming at him. Sami tells him she wants a ride, that she’s at the police station and will explain later. Sami orders him to get down there in a hurry. As Lucas grabs his clothes, Chloe is upset that Lucas is leaving.

Daniel tells Philip he has a heck of a right hook and Philip tells him to get out of there. Philip calls Daniel a callous SOB and says he knows what happened in the chaise with Daniel and his mother. They argue about Kate and what makes her happy. Daniel calls Philip a vindictive little “b,” and they continue to go at it with Philip telling Daniel he knows what kind of man he really is. Philip tells Daniel to stay away from his mother.

EJ wants to call an ambulance but Nicole tells him the pain has gone. He doesn’t believe her when she tells him the pain is not severe. She swears it is just a cramp in her leg. Nicole tries to make light of the situation, but EJ is concerned. He leaves to go to the office but makes her promise that if she needs him she will call. She kisses him and tells him to stop worrying. A very concerned EJ kisses her a couple of times and leaves.

John tells Blondie she worries too much and that she should think positively. Marlena yells at him that when her child is in trouble it’s hard to think positively. She apologizes to John for yelling at him and thanks him for his offer to let Sami continue to stay with him. He wonders if she has filed the divorce papers and she says she hasn’t. He wonders why since she’s so anxious to move on with her life. Marlena tells a smiling John that she doesn’t know why she has not filed the papers.

As Sami and Lucas walk in, Chloe mentions how Sami has really started to show and Sami is upset that Lucas told her that she’s pregnant. Chloe says she won’t tell anyone as long as Lucas is not involved. Lucas wonders if Sami told EJ and Chloe says Sami has never been upfront about anything in her life and why should she start now. Chloe leaves. As usual, Sami and Lucas are screaming at each other and as she starts to tell him what happened at Stefano’s house, we see the murderer outside the cabin with a rifle complete with scope.

Philip says Kate doesn’t need Daniel messing with her head and Daniel says that Kate doesn’t need Philip interfering in her life. Daniel says Kate makes him feel good about himself that they need each other right now and he talks about all of Kate’s good attributes. Philip promises Daniel he’s out of it for Kate’s sake.

Back at the cabin, Sami has explained the whole situation to Lucas, and he wonders if she’s still going to tell EJ about the baby as EJ walks in the door.

Chloe has gone to see Nicole, who is very glad to see her. Nicole tells Chloe that her hold on EJ may be tenuous at best. They both talk about Sami and how sick of her they are. They talk about how Sami has her hooks into both EJ and Lucas as Chloe says she has something to tell Nicole.

Not even trying to hide her belly this time Sami tells EJ he needs to go. He says he’s not leaving until Sami convinces him that she is alright. The murderer has her in his site.

Previews:
Melanie comes on to Philip.
Max assures Bo that Melanie didn’t kill Trent.
Stephanie talks with Hope.
Just as the murder takes a shot at the back of Sami’s head, EJ pushes her out of the way.

This is getting nuts. I'm an EJ and Sami fan, and here EJ is saying all these nice things to Nicole (that I have to fast-forward through), but yet in his heart, he obviously still wants to be with Sami as he goes to check on her. The writers need to get their act together pronto. Perhaps EJ is just saying things he thinks Nicole needs to hear...maybe he's interested more in their child than a relationship with her. I don't know...I'm just really disappointed with the storyline these days.

Thanks for the write-up!

I agree and believe he cares for both of them...at least as much as he can. I'm also tired of this storyline but as long as it gets such fan reaction, I'm sure the writers will milk it for all it's worth.

What is it with Sami that men just jump when she calls!?! What right does she have to yell at Lucas for not answering the phone so that he can give her a ride? John and Marlena both offered her a place to stay, but she would rather crash with her ex and his new girlfriend??

And what is it with women in Salem thinking that abdominal pains during pregancy are no big deal? This is Nicole's "miracle baby," but she won't take the time to make sure the pains aren't serious.

I don't know what to think of EJ. I try to think that he is just conflicted . . . he wants to have a life/feelings/family with Nicole, but just keeps being drawn back to Sami. But why does he show up at the cabin all the time??? His pregnant girlfriend (I'm using this word liberally) is having stomach pains, so he lies to her, tells her he is going to the office, and visits his Sami instead.

OK, I'll get off of my soapbox now . . .:rant:

Minnie, go ahead and :rant: all you want. These people are just plain nuts. Dejavu

Thanks for the summary KathyLu!

I still can't find any reason to warm up to Sami. Never liked her, still don't. In real life, men would run the other way. She's a liar and a drama queen and way too high maintenance for most guys. It bugged me too that she started yelling at Lucas for not answering his phone, rather than politely asking him if he could help out by coming to pick her up. It's not his job. I also hate how she "uses" her children as reasons their fathers should pay attention to her.

Didn't Chloe look gorgeous in the outfit she had on today? She is so stunning.

I'm worried about where the Nicole/baby storyline seems headed. I also don't like that they are having Lexie hide a secret from Abe, yet again (her thinking she played a role in the Mayor's assassination).

Thanks, KathyLu. Real good writeup. I finally got to watch tonight and my big question is, how in the world could Marlena NOT know Sami is expecting, after that close, body to body, hug they had??!! Come on! If anybody goes tummy to tummy with a woman who is as pregnant as Sami is, there is no way not to notice this big lump out front. I just had to laugh as Marlena kept asking Sami what was going on. :rolleyes:

Hello all,
I'm new here and thought I would throw my two cents in. I've been watching Days for many, many years and never thought I would like Samantha. I have spent many of days screaming at my TV set wondering how the heck everyone could be so stupid!! Sami has wreaked havock on most everyone in Salem directly or indirectly.
I feel incredibly bad for her now. She finally changes, grows up, or however we see it and marries Lucas. She is literally ripped away from all of that and forced to live with EJ in the mansion. By choice, (or not) she falls in love with EJ and Lucas moves in to the mansion as well. So emotionally damaging.. IMHO. She makes the choice her heart wants and screws it up with EJ and then Nicole enters the picture.
Sorry to stray off topic but, in relation to today's show, and the few before today, that EJ must stay completely away from Sami and any problems that she may have because Nicole is pregnant? Miracle baby or not, EJ and Nicole never had so much as a date. As a matter of fact, EJ has shown disdain for Nicole in most every scene they had together aside from the elevator and her announcing her pregnancy. Why now does it have to be only Nicole always and forever? EJ does not know that she is having pains ATM so this display of "undying love" kind of makes me sick.
This is definately going to be another remix of John and Kristen. Nicole loses the baby and fakes it for 9 months, remember the test has already been taken and EJ is none the wiser. Oh well..I hope they don't drag this on for too long.

(Sami)... finally changes, grows up, or however we see it and marries Lucas. ...she falls in love with EJ ...She makes the choice her heart wants and screws it up with EJ and then Nicole enters the picture.

As far as I can see, Sami still has not made a choice since she chose Lucas, married him and was forced (or at least thought she was) to divorce him and marry EJ. Her heart's choice then was Lucas and I have never heard her declare her love for EJ even going so far as to jump out of bed with him and chase Lucas all the while declaring her love for him. In my way of thinking, Sami may have changed a little but she certainly has not grown up.

EJ and Nicole never had so much as a date. This is definately going to be another remix of John and Kristen.

I don't see what having a "date" has to do with it. They have been together on many occasions and have had sex several times. Nowadays, unfortunately, couples don't do everything according to tradition. Like it or not, Nicole is pregnant and I don't think it has been stated anywhere except in rumors and speculation (or wishful thinking) that she will either lose the baby or kidnap Sami's child.

:welcome:, msdimera, this is a good place to share thoughts with other DOOL fans.

As a matter of fact, EJ has shown disdain for Nicole in most every scene they had together aside from the elevator and her announcing her pregnancy.

So...you've missed a lot of their scenes together? I don't recall disdain when they first met and he wanted Nicole to help him make Sami jealous, or when he was comforting her when her beloved Pookie was sick at the vet's, or when he was describing what kind of date he would like to take her on, or many other scenes with them together.

EJ does not know that she is having pains ATM so this display of "undying love" kind of makes me sick.

I'm guessing that you meant prior to the scene below? This happened on the day that you were posting comments on.

EJ tells her he will just say it over and over. He says he wants the same things she does and with her. As they talk about baby names she doubles over in pain again.

remember the test has already been taken and EJ is none the wiser.

Huh? What test are you referring to? What is EJ none the wiser about? The paternity test? EJ looked at that, and based on the dialog, I have to believe it showed EJ to be the father.

I don't see what having a "date" has to do with it. They have been together on many occasions and have had sex several times.

I don't think they've had sex several times. I think they only had sex once, and almost had sex several times.

OH NOES!! We have a Dimera in here now!!! :evillaugh:

I agree that Sami still has not fully grown up. She needs to tell EJ even though I want her back with Lucas. Chloe & him just do not go together.

Hello msdimera and welcome to the board.....

The show is really getting good, but please crack Sami up side her head and get her to either go after EJ or Lucas,

I beg to disagree on the number of times they crabbed. Granted, it was only one occasion but they went several rounds in the elevator.

Okay, good point. I regret that I missed the elevator scene, but I do recall that the that the summary did list several times in the elevator.

Back