Days of our Lives - Friday May 20, 2022

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lots of talk about the Devil and his/her evil doings Shawn Douglas Brady has lost his brain

Belle Gets a phone call outside the Pub from Shawn, nope it’s Jan who wants to talk with Belle but won’t talk to her unless it’s in person. Shawn wants to know who she’s talking to

EJ tells Giovanni he hasn’t always been the best of fathers; they hug and make up.

Chad walks in as Gio/Johnny walks out. Chad and EJ gloat over getting rid of Gabi

Jake walks in wants to get right to work. Jake thinks this may have been a big mistake.

Tripp in the hospital talking to Ava. His head is now FULLY bandaged, with the cuts and bruises allover his body. Allie walks in. They “HEY” each other. Allie feels fine, Tripp agrees he looks terrible. Henry is with Lucas. Allie wants to thank Tripp for Saving her life.

Chanel is struggling to pull it together. Johnny comes up upon her. Chanel is a nervous wreck after seeing her mother. Chanel can’t believe Paulina has shot and killed someone. (Why it’s Salem?) Chanel says Paulina isn’t a dangerous criminal.

Jan lies that she was on the phone to purchase the most adorable outfit for her nephew. Shawn walked in and left his functioning brain outside.

Belle joins Theo, Tony, Kate, have given Belle the proxy votes, Peter will join via video conference. Blah blah blah about the DiMera team. Chad doesn’t look as if he buys it.

Jake says the only reason he came back was because the relationship with Gabi would be platonic.

Jan annoys everyone she wants to baby sit Baby Bo. Shawn says not a chance in Hell. Jan is upset that Shawn won’t even consider the thought. (Can Jan please die in childbirth?)

Belle, EJ and Chad blah blah again about planting the evidence against EJ regarding the kidnapping of Sami. Chad has to say something.

Shin thanks Gabi for purchasing a new company. Shin lays it on thick.

Johnny and Chanel talk in the HTS. Johnny can’t believe he went into business with TR. Chanel is worried about Horton. Johnny assures Chanel that Horton is okay. They stand so close you couldn’t put a piece of tissue paper between them.

Allie and Tripp discuss the devil and events that happened earlier this week. Allie says after everything bad (she lists them) I’ve done to you why did you sacrifice yourself for me? Tripp says I still love you.

Chad confesses that he knows Lucas framed EJ for kidnapping Sami. OF COURSE NOT. He comes up with some lame we shouldn’t look back only forward to how great we will make DiMera and how happy he is that they are doing it together. Chad leaves to call Shin to get the shareholders together. Because shareholder meetings can always be pulled together in minutes.

Shin lets Jake and Gabi know about the shareholder meeting. Gabi figures she’s so screwed.

Jan continues to annoy. She is really pushing for babysitting Baby Bo. Shawn’s lack of a brain agrees to call and ask Ciara if Jan can babysit.

Chanel is shocked to hear that Tripp gave up his own life for Allie. Johnny says it’s all about love, and he knows how that feels.

OH boy we are back with Tripp, he apologizes for being mean to Allie. He was hurt, he really really loves her. Having her being possessed by the Devil was like her being violated again. He drones on. Allie now needs to tell Tripp how she feels about him. She loves him.

Jake and Gabi sit around counting votes, mentioning names we haven’t seen or heard from in years. Jake doesn’t want to give up he tells Gabi to keep fighting.

EJ and Belle talk about Belle and Shawn’s relationship. Belle tells EJ about her phone call with Jan. Chad comes in tells them the meeting is set. Belle leaves.

Chanel wants to go see Tripp. Johnny wants to join in they could maybe go together??? Whose running Sweet Bits?

More Tripp and Allie talking about love. Tripp asks about Chanel, after we broke up you two became a couple. Tripp wants her to be honest again. Do you Allie still have feelings for Chanel?

Belle shows up at the house, confronts Jan who wants a friendlier welcome. Jan wants Belle to clear out the home office so she can make it a home office.

EJ and Chad blah blah about family business. EJ pours a drink for Father puts it on the mantel. It looks like apricot brandy.

Jake gets Peter to turn on the DiMera’s . Gabi calls Johnny to try to turn him to their side. Johnny tells her that wasn’t Johnny it was Satan; he refuses to help. Gabi moans it’s over I’m out.

Tripp asks Allie if she loves Chanel too. Chanel walks in they hug Tripp watches. (Why do all of the hospitals I stay at have white sheets, not peach colored sheets.)

Chad, EJ, Shin, Jake, Gabi all sit for a meeting. EJ wants to remove Gabi from head of DiMera

Theo Carver, Kate Roberts, Anthony DiMera, John Roman DiMera, the proxy votes Aye
Steven Hawk proxy vote nay
Now those present

Chad, EJ Aye
Jake, Gabi, Shin Nay
Peter Blake Nay vote, didn’t hear the voice, Shin votes nay
The vote 6 ayes, 5 nays Gabi is removed but wait someone else is calling in, so it’s not official yet.

Belle can’t believe it. Belle tells Jan there is no way in hell I’m giving up my office. Once the baby is born, he or she will need a place to stay and Jan plans on staying out of prison and in her place with Shawn.

Chanel and Allie continue hugging and talking. Tripp says his super powers weren’t all that great. Johnny and Chanel leave Tripp and Allie. Allie asks if Tripp wants her to leave too. Tripp has a heart monitor beeping but no wires. Tripp says he just wants an answer to his question but after seeing Allie and Chanel he knows he has his answer.

Chanel wants to head back to the bakery. Johnny wants to tell Chanel that he is very sorry for everything he put her through. Johnny still loves Chanel. Johnny is totally committed to Chanel, he wants to support her, be there for her through everything, he still loves her. They kiss at the nurse’s station.

Belle wants to know what Jan means, that she will be here in this house. Belle tells Jan that she, Jan, will not destroy her marriage. Jan drops the babysit idea. Jan assumes that because she will be a new mother and what with time off for good behavior Jan will be released shortly after the baby is born. Belle gets angry and yells at Jan, Shawn walks in on the argument from the look on his face his brain is still missing.

Kristen is the one calling in on the video line. She wants to know if they forgot about her.

Thanks, Robin..........You know........Tripp must really have strong bones, and very thick skin. He goes out a window, over 20 ft. down, amid a pile of broken glass.......and sits now in a hospital bed with a few scratches on his face, mandatory bandage around his head.....and nary a broken bone, a black & blue mark, talks easily & coherently......Just amazing.
Me....a car hit my car, had a broken leg, black and blue the entire body! Was in a cast, crutches, cane....about 10 months altogether.
Guess Johnny was right calling Tripp Superman. LOL

Guess Johnny was right calling Tripp Superman. LOL
The most remarkable thing about Super Trippy is that his durability is common in Salem. Recall the time that the Black jet crashed, killing the crew but allowing a whole planeload of Salemites to survive without without a scratch.

Here are a few questions relating to today's episode.

Why can't somebody straighten out weepy Chanel and awful Jan by telling them that prisons are full of mothers?

Why can't EJ and Chad override the wishes of the Shins, lesser DiMeras, and a wanted criminal? After all, the Mighty Phoenix would never have tolerated such interference.

Have there ever been characters as annoying as Jan and as clueless as Shawn?

Why didn't Belle tell creepy Jan that her baby could have its nursery in the garage, attic basement, or a tent in the backyard?

Can Jan please die in childbirth?
I'd have to look it up, but I think Ron wrote a similar story on OLTL where a woman raped a man, got pregnant, and died soon thereafter, so this is not out of his realm.

Wait... how did EJ get his shares back? Johnny has them. Or does he have his own now? In which case - shouldn't Abe get a vote? These "rules" make less and less sense every time they try them!!!

Thanks, robin.

EJ got his shares back last week I think. EJ went to Johnny's room (unseen) to get them signed.

Gabi was taking about Gabi Chic's summer line coming out. No wonder the women in Salem wear the
wrong clothing.. summer is right around the corner, the clothes should already be in the store.

Chanel told Johnny she was going back to the bakery.. Wow.

That Jan Spears is getting on my nerves... and Shawn has gotten dumber since she's around him all the time.

How did Kristen know about the vote? Will someone tell the Salem PD to track her phone? Probably not.

Back