Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 22, 2018

Melinda Trask: What an egregious and deliberate misrepresentation of the facts :angry:And what is the deal with just throwing out Nick like that? Maybe this is something that varies from state to state and maybe DrBakerFan could address, it but isn't there a rule about "prior bad acts" not being admissible? I know this is TV, but wouldn't a judge most likely tell a jury to disregard that. Or would it be allowed since opening statements aren't supposed to be considered as evidence anyway?

I also found her constant looking at the defense table and smirking at Gabi to be very unprofessional. I would suggest she watch re-runs of "Perry Mason" and closely study the demeanor of hapless D.A Hamilton Burger. He never won a case against Perry, but he was always the picture of class, decorum and professionalism.
You're right Troy, prior bad acts are only admissible in certain circumstances. Darling Melinda can't blurt out that Gabi murdered Tricky Nicky as a way to suggest that she also killed Andre. The only way that Melinda could get this information into evidence is if Justin foolishly put Gabi on the stand. The barracuda D.A. could then ask Gabi about all her past crimes and untruths as a way to discredit her credibility with the jury. As for Melinda's courtroom manner, she's so unprofessional that it's a good thing that she didn't bring along an assistant D.A. to sit second seat. This person could then have everyone back at the office rolling their eyes or rolling in the aisles with tales of their boss's absurd courtroom behavior.

Back