Days of Our Lives - Thurs. Apr. 18, 2019

TheWriter

Reaction score
I am so sorry, I did not watch the whole show, as I now find it a task more than entertainment. I record it (with the DVR and watch only what interests me a little.) And I didn't keep the recording. Nevertheless, I will try to fill you in on some parts I did watch (probably not in the right order, again, sorry). Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

Lani and Rafe are talking, I'm guessing about Hope, little baby David. The rest I don't know. Hope arrives later, talks to Lani, it ends in a hug between the two. I think Lani tells Hope to be careful and not trust Ted Laurent. I think.

So, Gabi and Ciara are talking, Gabi asking if Ben is the right guy for Ciara, after everything he's done. No time to answer, as either a rock or a bullet comes true the window. A goon comes in and points a gun at the two women. Gabi and Ciara tell him that Chloe is not at DiMera mansion. The guy knows, someone else is taking care of Chloe. He is the brother of the guy Stefan shot while protecting Chloe at the club a few weeks back. So he wants Stefan, to kill him to avenge his brother's death. And he will need the women after, as hostages, to flee. While Ciara tries to distract the goon, Gabi sends a text to Rafe. Realizing what's going on, the criminal takes the phone away from Gabi and throws it. He then points the gun on Gabi's head. Just then, Ben and Stefan (who had been previously to the park to warn Brady that the cartel members were back in town) walk in, Ben aiming a gun. Of course, the goon takes Ciara and points to her, so Ben has no other choice but to drop his. Gabi joins Stefan and Ben, while Ciara is still hostage. The goon looks at Stefan, says "welcome to hell" or something to that effect and shoots. At the same time, Rafe (who had gotten the text) enters, grabs Gabi out of the way, but is shot. The goon takes off with Ciara, Ben goes after them, while Gabi cries, and tells Stefan to call 911.

I skipped the whole Rex-Sarah-Eric saga. I can't stand either of them. Sorry.

At Chloe's club, she is talking to herself (don't know what she says, I fast forwarded) and in comes Eli. Some talk about... something. Sorry again. :) Then a goon shows up and takes Chloe hostage, while Eli draws his gun too. There is the typical stand off, Brady shows up outside, hears what's going on, comes in and grabs the goon's gun. They fight, Chloe running towards the back, yelling at Eli to shoot the goon, Eli saying he does not have a clear shot. Chloe, in the back, still stays in plain sight (where she could get shot at any time, bravo, the Salem brains are as good as ever.) and finally, Eli takes a shot. Both Brady and the goon are on the floor. Brady gets up, Chloe panicking, "You were hit". "No, it's his blood" says Brady, pointing to the now dead goon on the floor. A lot of Chloe crying on Brady's shoulder, with him saying "it's over".

That's it. That's all I have. :)

Rafe is in his house with Doll-in-Blanket...I mean, Baby David, having just gotten him to sleep. Lani comes to the door with a package of diapers, which Rafe is grateful for. They sit and talk, she asks why he's back at his house. He tells her about the problems with Hope, and Ted Laurent. They talk of Rafe going to help with Johnny and how he felt he had to, as Johnny was his stepson and going through a rough time. He mentions how Hope lost a child, then Lani talks of Hope raising three children and a grandchild (say what???) and she probably doesn't want to start over with a new baby. Lani also mentions how much support she got from Hope after losing David Abraham, who understood the pain of losing a child.

Rafe talks about always wanting kids, and how helping Sami raise her kids was the most rewarding thing he's ever done. He wants David to have a good home and won't consider putting him into foster care until Jordan is well enough to take care of him again. Lani tells Rafe to reach out to Hope and see if she'll come. Then he takes his phone to call Hope, but sees a text he missed (from Gabi). He leaves and heads to the DiMansion, asking Lani to stay with David.

Hope now comes to Rafe's, but Lani says he had just left. Lani then apologizes to Hope for encouraging Rafe to take care of David, but Hope says it's OK (as David starts to cry and Hope suggests giving him a binky). They talk about Rafe feeling a need to care for David, and Hope is clearly not on board. Lani asks if it's because of Ted Laurent. Hope's miffed that Rafe shared what's going on with Ted pursing Hope, with Lani. Lani tells Hope she needs to save her marriage; Hope tells Lani to stay out of it. They continue to talk and eventually hug.

A cartel member comes into the DiMansion living room, holding a gun on Gabi and Ciara, saying he wants Stefan DiMera for killing his brother (the one Stefan killed in Doug's Place). Ciara tries to talk rationally to him while Gabi is trying to call for help (on her cell). He notices, grabs the phone and says they'll both pay for it. He and Gabi struggle, as Ciara jumps on him, trying to get the gun. He gets away from the girls and grabs Ciara.

Eric and Sarah have a dreadfully boring conversation and he's about to tell her what Marlena was talking about (telling Eric to share his feelings with Sarah) when Rex comes in, after having done Will's biopsy. All talk turns to Will and how the biopsy went. Then talk turns to the wedding and how Eric offered to take the pictures. Rex is thrilled. Eric then encourages Sarah to go with Rex (didn't catch where, dinner maybe?), but she wants to stick around to continue her conversation with Eric. Rex asks what they were talking about and Eric bluffs, saying that Rex probably would want him to be best man, but he's now taking the pictures and can't, so Rex wonders if Roman will do it. (Sarah leaves the room to change)

Rex now talks to Eric about how Sarah had feelings for Eric, who keeps trying to brush it off. Rex admits how much it's been bothering him and he admits he's a little jealous. Eric keeps trying to downplay everything and assuring Rex there's nothing there. Rex says he won't be mad if Eric admits he had feelings for Sarah. Eric says yes, they are friends, nothing more. Rex keeps pushing, and Eric says he had felt nothing but friendship for Sarah and never will. Rex thanks him and they shake hands, as Sarah returns to the room in a nice dress, then they leave together, as Eric sulks.

Eli comes into Doug's Place, looking to take Chloe somewhere safe. She says she's fine with the bodyguards, and opens the door so she can introduce him/them to Eli, but another cartel guy comes in, grabs Chloe and puts a gun to her head before Eli can react. Eli then tries to talk the cartel guy out of hurting Chloe. Brady barges into the club and wrestles with the guy; Chloe slips out of the guy's grasp and watches from across the room now, screaming for Brady to be careful. Eli takes a chance and shoots, and you hear a body drop. The cartel guy is dead, Chloe runs into Brady's arms. Eli covers the dead body with a tablecloth, the heads back to the station to call it in (and check on the bodyguards who were knocked out). Brady asks Chloe if she called Parker's school (she did) and they hug as he comforts her.

Ted is in Hope's office, smothering her with his sleaze, telling her why Rafe is no good for her, but that he loves her and will treat her right (in a nutshell). Hope bristles, saying Rafe loves her and she needs to fight for her marriage, while Ted tries to make her see that she'd be better off with him. She leaves and goes to Rafe's (see above)

Now Ted is in the interrogation room and his phone rings. He spits out "I told you never to call me on this number", then asks what the person wants, clearly angry at being called.

Stefan and Ben come into the DiMansion and see the cartel guy with a gun to Ciara's head. Hector (cartel guy) says he needs a hostage to get out of there. Ben offers himself in exchange for Ciara. No dice. Just then a shot rings out (it's all weirdly slow-motion) and Rafe is on the floor, unconscious, with Gabi screaming his name, while Stefan calls 911 for help.

It was certainly a bad day for many Salemites.

Rafe: He was shot so he goes to the head of the class. (Hopefully, Rexy won't get the credit for saving him.)

Ciara: She's been kidnapped, but all is not lost. By now she's a veteran at this and Ben is sure to save her.

Eli: Yes, he finally managed to shoot the Noodlite, but a quick check online indicated that a police officer should never give up his gun to a hostage-taker.

Stefan Zero: He should be embarrassed by how easily a Noodlite got in to his "secure" residence. His DiMansion has now been exposed as a cardboard fortress.

Chloe: She was terrorized by the Noodlite, but Brady came to the rescue. Will she still be angry about the way he found her in the park with Holly?

Hope: She foolishly told slimy Ted all about her marital problems, which naturally encouraged him to make more unwelcome advances.

Noodites: These guys talk way too much. Number 1 paid for his big mouth with his life and chatty Number 2 failed to shoot Zero and is now on the run with hostage Ciara, which is definitely a poor move.

Finally, showing up well today were fan-favorite Doll-in-Blanket, which aced a scene with Rafe, and Brady who now should be Chloe's hero.

Sounds like the last half wasn't too bad, someone told me the first half had "breaking news" ....but then the gals were all held with guns, and the guys rushed in to be heroes. Glad to read Brady won't be a hospital resident after all....that will mean just Will & Rafe. Can Hope just tell Ted to knock it off, when he first starts? My married life none of your business. No, she tells him her marital woes? Egads!
Who Called Ted?
Hope gets all wired up because Rafe tries to help children, but now....gee. Her husband is shot.....she should be with him. But her child was kidnapped, she probably wants to go help. Gee...anyone doubt she will choose trying to help the child?
I am guessing this all will aid in her seeing Rafe's point of view. ????

Thanks to The Writer and Just Samantha for pitching in and giving us a good summary! I haven't watched yet but the idea of Chloe standing across the room wringing her hands reminds me of the old westerns made in the 1940s and '50s, when women were portrayed as helpless and delicate in similar situations.

Sounds like Ciara and Gabi, on the other hand, were little wildcats!

The Writer, I can't blame you for skipping Sarah, Eric, and Rex. I cringe at the thought of sitting through their scenes.

Hope and Ted. This has gone on to the point I can't bear to look at or listen to either one of them, and especially not the two of them together. Yes, why on earth doesn't Hope shut him off at the pass before he even gets started? Clearly, she enjoys his attention. Are we going to have a repeat of Jennifer with Daniel and Jack? I'd hope Rafe wouldn't put up with such nonsense!

Thanks, TheWriter and JS.

Poor doll in blanket. I think Rafe used his bathrobe.

So, who called Ted on the wrong phone?

I don't understand why Rafe told Lani he doesn't know what he's doing.
Didn't he help with Grace and Sydney?

I laughed when Ben said "Take me, they might give you a reward"

Rafe wasn't in foster care. He actually helped Mami raise Arianna, Dario and Gabi after Eduardo left. But a nun from his church did apparently keep him on the straight and narrow when he started to stray.
I don't understand why Rafe told Lani he doesn't know what he's doing. Didn't he help with Grace and Sydney?
I thought the same thing, kat. He was very involved with taking care of newborn Grace until she died, then later Sydney once she was given back to Sami. He also helped with Ari when she was a baby.

Maybe because those were all baby girls, while this is a boy. Plus, the mothers were always there.....he is now the mother...and the father. ???
(I find it hard to fathom how the dialogue writers, who have been with Days for a lot of years, ignore the past, when they write dialogue)

Rafe and Hope just need to end. Seriously Lani? They are inspiration? I never see them do anything but fight. Which is why they need to end.

Nicole needs to come back to end all this Eric/Sarah nonsense. It's getting really old. So is she just pretending with Rex then? Kinda mean.

I cannot believe the Mexican cartel is not better at killing people? I really thought they were ruthless. Guess not.

nd it hard to fathom how the dialogue writers, who have been with Days for a lot of years, ignore the past, when they write dialogue
If they pay attention to the past, then none of this story makes a lot of sense, so I think they choose to ignore it and collect their paycheck. My opinion only.

Back