Days of Our Lives - Tues., Nov. 7, 2017

I've had more than enough of the Dimera lovebirds; they will be FF material for the foreseeable future. :sick: :sick: :sick:

An amazing airhead-to-genius transformation of Abby! It seems like only yesterday, that she was wandering around Salem dressed in an out-of-season witch costume, hiding in the attic, and climbing out of 2nd-story windows. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, and I would like to see that addressed now in some way. She or Chad could mention that she is still going for counseling and/or is on medication. I hope they don't expect us to believe that "poof" she was instantly well. That would be a disservice to everyone who is battling mental illness, depression, etc.

I think her mental illness is probably like Philip's leg and little Johnny's eye and other issues gone, and yes, forgotten, by the writers anyway.

A. Guy, I think you and I are the old "stick in the mud" viewers here. I don't have anything against Chad and Abby enjoying their renewed marriage. I just don't care to watch their "bill and coo" antics and their daily trips to the bed, so I'm also at the point of fast forwarding. But I do think the actors are doing a good job and I know a lot of viewers love the romance so now I'll try to keep quiet about it unless I can think of something positive to say.

She wasn't an airhead, she was suffering mental illness. Two completely different things.
This is very true. To demonstrate that Abigail is an airhead, it might be better to harken back to her stalking of the clueless Austin, her failed pursuit of the terminally dull Dr. Cameron Davis, her shower/cabin tryst with EJ, and her quasi-no-show job at University Hospital. In any case, hopefully the former Ms. Perfect does more work for Chad than Jenny ever did at University Hospital where she was a perpetual no-show, which drove Anne Milbauer crazy. (By the way, where is Anne? She would be a pleasant break from screechy Sami and boozing Brady.)

Thing is, viewers complained a lot about no "romance" on the show. So...we have the "filler" honeymoon antics of Chad & Abby, since there is no one else available currently to provide it.

Have noted that Hope & Rafe are mostly shown in scenes with others, JJ/Lani is really not a rooting for couple (for me!) & it does seem the show shies away from showing any romantic moments between John/Marlena, or Vic/Maggie.

And by that, I do not mean falling into bed. Or kissing for 5 min. straight. LOL

I could never understand if Gabi sold her company to Dimera Enterprises and had to answer only to Kate. The way heads roll in Salem's corporations, how long will Kate last? LOL

Dear Eve,

Can you please just let Brady, Victor, and Sonny run the company, and just collect a paycheck somewhere else? All this double entendre crap (especially about horses and studs) is really tiring, and that short haircut isn't doing you any favors (in my opinion)

Love, Me

I’m a bit confused here. How could Deimos have left anything to Eve? I remember him telling Victor he signed everything back over to him.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary Poirot!

(some successful company Gabi evidently started, who knew?)
REALLY???!!! Gabi Chic? This is WAY over the top of unimaginable parts to a story! And I REALLY dislike the idea of Gabi being involved in Chad's life in ANY way!

Sorry, I still don't buy Deimos and Eve being married. A little too much revised history for me. Are we supposed to just forget how he chased Nicole? How he hunted for her the whole time she and Brady had their little love nest across the border? Yada yada yada
I'm so with you on this!!!

Eli: He may have a photographic memory and once passed Psych 101, but he's not off to the greatest start at the Salem P.D. For starters, who has their girlfriend walk them into the station house?And his telling Rafe, he still had five minutes to go before he was on duty was as unprofessional as smooching Gabi. If he tried that five-minutes line about a team meeting for the Salem U. football squad, the coach would have him running laps until midnight.
And his attitude. I agree Rafe is out of line too, BUT Eli would not be impressing me with the way he is acting if I was his new partner.

it does seem the show shies away from showing any romantic moments between John/Marlena, or Vic/Maggie.
I agree completely and i don't get why? Us "oldies" like to be romantic too! My sweet pal and I have been sharing romantic moments for ALL of our 39 years together! Maybe the writers will catch on soon. Are you there Ron Carlivati?

A. Guy, I think you and I are the old "stick in the mud" viewers here. I don't have anything against Chad and Abby enjoying their renewed marriage. I just don't care to watch their "bill and coo" antics and their daily trips to the bed, so I'm also at the point of fast forwarding. But I do think the actors are doing a good job and I know a lot of viewers love the romance so now I'll try to keep quiet about it unless I can think of something positive to say.

I tend to fast forward through Chad and Abby bed talk as well. I mean awesome they fought so hard to be together great, but let's add something more. Bo and Hope always seemed too keep it interesting and be a solid couple. Just wish the writers can tune that in for Chad and Abby.

Thanks for the summary. I'm getting soooo sick & tired of this beyond-contrived storyline with Eve. It's just ridiculous and doesn't make sense. They couldn't come up with something better for her return?

The repetitive love scenes with Abigail & Chad involving Gabi also are getting old. They really should have her move on, or make it clear there will be a love triangle. Also, Rafe's attitude towards Eli is annoying and makes no sense at this point. I wonder if it really is misplaced anger towards Hope, as Eli suggested.

Shame on Victor for knowing Brady was drinking and messing up his life, and doing nothing but giving him bad advice.

Back