Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, August 13, 2013

S

Sparkster

At the book club, the ladies are eating their donuts talking about how wonderful they are, best they ever tasted. Several go for round 2. They start discussing the book as they start feeling the effects of the weed. They try to find deeper meaning about the tea party. Nicole says she thought this party was going to be lame but this is great. Julie then talks of how boring cruising is with Doug and all that water everywhere. Jennifer goes for more donuts.

The rest of the ladies just sort of stare aimlessly. They continue drinking wine. Julie reads a passage from the book. Kayla says something about the book. Sorry, hard to catch all the dialogue here…Julie then makes some other off the wall comment. The ladies start laughing as they try to say shih tzu dog. They all got the giggles, then Kayla says she’s starving. Adrienne too. They both go to the kitchen for food. Nicole laughs at Jen and Julie being funny with their donuts.

In the park, the teens are chowing down on their donuts talking about school. JJ calls them a buzzkill. Bev and Rory claim there’s no weed in the donuts as none of them are getting high. JJ protests. He says this was primo stuff. All the sudden he realizes what may have happened. They can tell he’s freaking out. He mentions his mother’s book club and takes off. Rory says I hope they’re reading 50 Shades of Grey.

Back at the book club, they’re eating a bunch of munchies. Kayla is trying to open a jar of pickles but Jennifer tells her they’re past their expiration date. Kayla eats one anyway, passes the jar around. Adrienne plays with her pickle saying eat me. Someone asks Nicole about reading the book. She gets all huffy saying they’re just there to judge her and Jennifer is miss perfect. She excuses herself to the bathroom. They all look around mystified at Nicole’s behavior. Kayla says she’s a vortex of emotion. Julie says speaking of, she has something to show them. She digs out a pair of handcuffs. She says she has a trick to show them, she just needs a paper clip. Jen gets one from the desk. Julie handcuffs herself and tries to do the trick, keeps saying “presto” but can’t get them off. They all thinks it’s hilarious.

Jen tries to get Julie loose. Nicole walks in saying she didn’t know there were going to be props. Kayla mentions food again. Jennifer decides to call Hope to help out with the handcuffs. Kayla asks her to have Hope bring back tacos. Jen says this is official business, we need to set Julie free. Julie says “give me liberty or give me death”. They all giggle as Nicole rolls her eyes. Jen holds the phone up to Julie’s ear as she talks to Hope saying she needs help from the constabulary, help of a police nature. Hope asks if she’s ok. Julie says she’s fine, just handcuffed and needs a key. Hope thinks she’s drunk, smiles, asks how much she’s had. The other ladies are laughing in the background.

Hope says she’ll send a squad car over, tells her to have Jen put the coffee on. Julie asks her to bring tacos for Kayla but Hope hung up. They start giggling and laughing again. Nicole is still rolling her eyes. JJ shows up outside and can hear all the laughter. He starts to enter as a cop shows up behind him. JJ looks worried. Jen opens the door, gives JJ a big hug. She starts babbling about her book club, makes a comment about cops and donuts. The cop just smiles, hands over the key and leaves. Jen takes the key and tries to free Julie.

Nicole sees JJ, can’t believe he’s here too. All the ladies say hi to JJ. He spots the donuts and looks around at all the mayhem. JJ finally is able to undo Julie’s handcuffs. Jennifer asks why he is home so early from his date. He offers to help them clean up, asks if he can get them anything. They want water. He takes the donuts to the kitchen and starts sending them down the garbage disposal.

Later they’re all leaving. JJ apparently called everyone a cab. Nicole says how nice of JJ to do so. She thinks something is up with him but leaves also. He goes back into the living room. Jennifer is looking at baby photos of him. She gets all lovey dovey with him. She thinks they should have a donut before going to bed. He says they’re all gone. She tells him it was the best batch of donuts she ever made, everyone loved them! He tells her to just go to bed. She kisses him goodnight. He picks up a copy of the book, saying they all went down the rabbit hole.

Rafe is agitated about being stuck in the hospital room and wants to talk to Sami. Gabi comes in and can see he’s upset. Rafe has been trying to call Sami and is hoping Gabi could get a message to her. Gabi lets him know that Sami is still in jail, didn’t make bail. She thinks he should just give her the message himself.

Kate is walking through the square but hears Stefano’s voice. He is laughing having a good time with Cecily. She looks at them, flashes back to her conversation with Chad the other day. She approaches Stefano and claims he lied to his son. She doesn’t believe a word of it. Stefano asks Cecily to give him a moment with Kate so she can embarrass herself without an audience. Cecily rolls her eyes, makes a parting remark and leaves. She says she knows about his conversation with Chad but she wants him to look her in the eye and tell her he didn’t try to kill Rafe. Stefano angrily tells her that he did not send that officer over to kill Rafe. She knows how vengeful he was upon learning of her affair with Rafe. He calls her a whore. Tells her his conversations with his son are none of her business, angrily throws the flowers off the table saying we’re done here.

EJ and Sami discuss Abe taking off so quickly like that. EJ recalls his conversation with his flunkie. Sami can see that he seems awfully confident about something. He says he is just being positive. She knows better and thinks he had something to do with this. She starts to get antsy. He tries to reassure her about things. She thinks he’s trying to change the subject. Gabi shows up, EJ leaves. Gabi says she brought a visitor with her, Rafe. Sami looks stunned. Gabi shows him a video message from Rafe. He lets her know that he believes her if she thinks Joe put his life in danger. He thanks her for saving his life. He’s sorry what she’s going through. She asks Gabi to pause that for a second as she turns around getting emotional. Gabi plays the rest of the message. Rafe tells her to listen to EJ, he’s a good lawyer. He’s praying for her.

In Bernardi’s house, Abe and Hope are searching. They discuss Sami’s case. He shows her the note Sami received but an officer comes in saying he may have found something. It’s a metal box with some papers, pictures, and sundry other things.

Later at the courthouse, EJ sees Hope and Abe. He comments how serious they look. He knows they searched Bernardi’s house. They wonder how on earth he could have known that, they didn’t tell anyone, especially him. EJ says he’s a lawyer and has connections. They said they wanted to keep a lid on this for now. He wonders what they found. Abe says they came up empty. EJ is shocked. Hope notices this asking why. EJ covers, saying Bernardi was dirty, he expected them to find something. He starts making comments about the Salem PD. He leaves to go contact Justin. Abe says that was strange.

Kate shows up at the hospital. A nurse hands her an envelope from Kayla re: the new physical therapist for Rafe. Kate calls Kayla, who has a mouthful of peanut butter, so Kate can’t understand a word she’s saying and says she’ll call her later. She goes into Rafe’s room, tells him about her confrontation with Stefano. Rafe calls Stefano a liar. He can tell by the look on Kate’s face that she may have believed Stefano was telling the truth. She says he swore on his DiMera honor and he only does that when he’s telling the truth.

EJ meets with his friend who planted the dirty money. The guy insists he left it there and if the cops didn’t find it then someone else did. Meanwhile, Stefano meets with another thug who hands over the $50K. Stefano laughs.

Later EJ approaches Stefano at the square. He says he’s not going to get away with this. He knows Bernardi was on Stefano’s payroll. Stefano counters if that were true the police would have found a clue. EJ says he may have won this round but it’s not over. Stefano tells him he doesn’t take kindly to threats. EJ saunters off.

Hope arrives at Sami’s cell. She thought EJ would be there. Sami asks if she knows anything about Abe’s phone call earlier. Hope says they got a lead but it didn’t pan out. Hope tells her that EJ is an ally but he doesn’t think the rules apply to him. She warns Sami not to let EJ go outside the law to help her as it could be devastating to her case. Sami wants specifics but Hope has said too much already. She leaves.

I am ready for Rafe-Kate fiasco to end! Kate is more like an overbearing mother to Rafe, than a girlfriend!! Kate and Stef belong together!

Stefano was absolutely truthful with Kate: Bernardi was not sent to murder Rafe...Only to give him a proper/deeper um, circumcision!

Gabi looks extra beautiful today and knows how to wear a gorgeous bun. Sami should take notes!

Nicole is still wearing that monstrosity blue-multi dress... I have contacted the FBI,CIA, Scotland Yard, Mossad, Interpol as well as the Pope to put an end to such travesty!

I'm glad there were lots of laughs and fun times with the book club group because the rest of this episode was tiresome. I'm sick of seeing EJ visit Sami in jail, sick of the same Kate/Stefano confrontations, Kate and Rafe blah blah blah....I did like the video Rafe made for Sami and her reaction to it. I'm glad he prefaced his trust EJ remark with "I can't believe I'm going to say this". Stefano/EJ interaction was good. EJ is a tool. I'm glad Hope and Abe have his number too.

The book club was pretty funny. I was hoping for more one-liners from Nicole but she seemed to just stand around, sipping wine and rolling her eyes at the others. Julie was hysterical! And Kayla kept asking for tacos. :rotfl:Loved how they kept saying the wrong words. Hilarious!

Rafe's comment to Sami about trusting EJ just proves that Rafe is able to put the past behind him when it comes to the people he cares about. He was never threatened by EJ and despite everything, he still cares about Sami, and he's appreciative of the situation she's in because she did it for him. He doesn't have to like EJ to be worried about Sami and to want her to get out the mess she's in. And if he wasn't in that hospital bed, I'm sure he'd be doing everything in his power to prove her innocence. EJ would NEVER say "trust Rafe".

EJ really is dumb. Like someone said on another board, instead of having the goon plant money how about having him look for evidence that Bernardi is dirty. He should have known Stefano has eyes and ears everywhere.

I can't wait to see the book club scenes. One of the best lines I've read from today's show was JJ asking Julie why she brought handcuffs to a book club meeting and Jen telling him there's more to Julie than meets the eye.

Julie was my favorite pothead! The cruise references were hysterical..."all that water!" Kayla with the peanut butter in her mouth and Kate not being able to understand her was also really funny. JJ looked like he was about to faint when he saw the cop at the house. Bet he never washed dishes so fast in his life. Nicole didn't seem as affected by others, at least not in a "loud" way. Through her haze she still suspected JJ of something. Adrienne is the only one who knows about the donut switch but don't know if she will put two and two together. I liked Nicole's comment about what the cab driver would think when she asks to be taken to a convent. Stefano is indeed the master. He will always be one step ahead of EJ, who must be so egocentric that he can't see the reality. Did he learn nothing from Fatha? The old man just can't be taken down.

Yes, Sparkster, I also expected Nicole to be bringing it. She was way too composed, maybe introspective, for someone who had "primo weed from Hawaii." Perhaps that blue monstrosity she is wearing is holding her back. :rotfl:

Yes, Lil0, Kayla did say escalation instead of expiration! When they brought out the food, I have to admit to getting the munchies myself and made myself some crackers and cheese. But I drank ice water instead of red wine. It is, after all, the afternoon, and I'm not in Salem. :(

"I thought this book club was going to be boring..but this...." - Nicole
"You know what's boring.....cruising" - Julie

LOL she said it like she had just had a life-changing revelation.

I'm really losing it right now. Julie has me in tears. The line about hating buffet lines and eating with people she doesn't know and they just look at her and Jen goes "what are you talking about". Poor Julie, seems like she's been holding a lot in. LOL!

At least JJ actually did something smart today by calling a cab!

Jen says to JJ "You are such a beautiful young man, inside and out!" don't know about inside, but I'll agree with her on the "out! Casey Moss(JJ) is a handsome fellow!

I did watch DAYS today and I must say I enjoyed it! The Salem book club was a hoot the girls did an excellent job pretending they were HIGH! Sami you should be crying listening to Rafe say nice things to you after what you did to him! Agent Sweetness still has it! But what I really enjoyed was Stefano sticking the knife in junior’s back and twisting it, love it when junior’s well laid plans disincarnate in front of his very eyes. And Hope is right Sami is the one that is going to pay but on some level she has it coming!

EJ has been around Sami too long. He is starting to be like her and cannot keep his mouth shut. Abe picked up on that said it was strange. :rotfl: Like how did EJ know they were searching the Bernardi house. It has been known now that something is found at the house, but today came up empty. So is something found later?

"I need you to bring a key so I can eat soup again" - Julie to Hope and said with a very straight face lol. And she called Jen's wine cheap :rotfl:. I'm finally done watching and I admit this is the funniest thing I've watched on DAYS in a very long time. Those ladies did a fantastic job.

EJ meets with his friend who planted the dirty money. The guy insists he left it there and if the cops didn’t find it then someone else did. Meanwhile, Stefano meets with another thug who hands over the $50K. Stefano laughs..
Sure enough, Little Elvis has been outsmarted by Stefano. Did EJ really think that the Phoenix doesn't know everything he's up to? The only saving grace is that his failed plot doesn't make Sami look any worse than she already does. If Elvis Junior wants to ease the sting of his latest defeat, perhaps he should stop by Jennifer's and see if any of the magic donuts are left. Finally, could Adrienne have dropped some of the notorious donuts off at the hospital? What other explanation could there be for poor Rafe telling Gabi that EJ is a "good" lawyer. Any first-year law student at Salem University School of Law would be far better.

Back