Question about Will's murder

Jen67

Reaction score
Did I miss something about the Salem PD linking Will's murder to Chad, other than the fact that they suspected him for the other murders? When Ben strangled Will, he used his bare hands. His fingerprints should have been all over the necktie and even on Will. Will also was thrown against the refrigerator in Ben and Abby's apartment. There should have been no evidence that Chad was anywhere near the murder scene or at Will's apartment, yet Ben's DNA should have been at both places. Both apartments were looked over by the Salem PD, where Will was found in his apartment and the fight that occurred between Ben and Chad. Forensics should have proven Chad did not have anything to do with Will's murder. Did they even run the tie for fingerprints?

I am willing to suspend belief in order for the mystery to continue and it correlates to the incompetence of the Salem PD, but there should at least be an onscreen explanation why they are linking the murder to Chad.

Did I miss something about the Salem PD linking Will's murder to Chad, other than the fact that they suspected him for the other murders?
Because Justin said so. :rolleyes:

But really, there was no CSI or NCIS type of investigation into Will/Sonny's apartment or Abby/Ben's apartment. It was just kind of assumed that Chad struck again.

It is just sloppy writing, and is not even following the pattern that was written for the first few deaths. They could have had Hope or Rafe make a remark that there were no fingerprints on the tie found with Will (Ben could have swapped that tie offscreen for a new one which he had worn gloves). Or some other evidence from the DiMera mansion could have been planted. But onscreen, it looked like Ben lost it, and left evidence behind, evidence that at least Rafe should have made note of as he's the only one possessing the Salem brain on the police force at the moment, and followed up on it.

If they were looking for fingerprints then Will's would have been on the tie also since he was holding it before Ben had it.

LOL, it would seem the writers are not fans of NCIS, or Rizzolli & Isles, or CSI, or any other show that has Forensic teams, has people doing autopsies, etc. So I am guessing they just wanted to concentrate on Ben's mind deteriorating, plus the framing of Chad, and ranting of Justin. Bugs me to pieces how little Rafe or Hope have to say or do about the case.

The Salem PD are amazingly incompetent. And they rehire people that they previously let go for committing crimes, on a regular basis. Mind boggling to me, and a bit scary, thinking that this could be an imitation of some real life police somewhere.

Sure hope so, Jason. Because it does seem that both Rafe & Hope have been bothered by the entire case, the circumstantial evidence, etc. Seems to me, if Chad does not remember, would that not get proven with a lie detector test?? I mean, one doesn't have to ask him if he killed anyone, only where he was, what he did, etc.
But rafe & Hope have both been browbeaten by Justin's blustering insistence on getting Chad behind bars.

Justin has really gotten on my nerves ever since he came back to Salem. First with Adrienne, and now as the DA during this murder investigation. It really aggrivates me as Justin has always been one of my all time favorite characters on this show.

I really want an explanation other than Chad is a DiMera as to why he has been hounding Chad so much during this investigation. Justin has been shown over the years to be a very good and fair lawyer and would not railroad a suspect with just circumstantial evidence. Evidence that would have been disproved had the Salem PD just did their job correctly and collected the right DNA evidence/fingerprints that Will's murder alone should have given. I am waiting for Justin's big helping of crow when he has to apologize to Chad for the way he has treated him.

Back