11-20-2017 - Donuts & Prepping for Turkey Day

A busy day for me since son and girlfriend coming Thurs. No turkey because
she doesn't want during the holiday. So, I'm making Cornish hens and rice
pilaf. I'm not sure what time they will be here. They are staying one night in
town at hotel. Maybe
they will have time to stop by before going home after
the Friday shopping. I'm not very happy about that.

Goldie got a bath today and I put clean blankets in her dog house. I cleaned this
and that.. More cleaning Tues and Wed.

I don't like jello desserts either. Never know what might be hiding inside.

Everyone should be thankful they have a big family. I don't and I get lonely
during the holidays.

robin, I'm glad you had a great weekend with your family.

manda, I'm glad switching Gena's diet is helping. I'm glad she doesn't have
Celiac disease. Maybe she's allergic to something.

Noel, good luck with getting all your pre holiday work done.

I hope everyone has a restful sleep after their busy day.

Always wonder who gets the bright idea for some cockamamie new thing, and is able to talk the higher ups into the stamp of approval.......and then........... disaster, and off the shelves. LOL

OC: your plans for Saturday holiday celebration sounds lovely. I remembered how your children bring the dinner as I read your comments. That is clear you raised your children with giving hearts. Sleep well tonight.

Kat: happy to read your son is coming for Thanksgiving. You are kind to do all the meal preparations. Hope your son surprises you Friday with another visit before leaving town.

JS: Those must be old flavors because I don't remember seeing them ever. And yuck, what flavors!

Ditto Poirot.

AGuy you may be our resident Jello expert. (Wink)

I try to appreciate the simple things in life! :) Talking about Jello makes me think about whipping up a batch for my son's post-Thanksgiving dinner. Have an official Jello cookbook. :drunk:

Dr.BakerFan, regarding scary Jello, I reckon it's a good thing that you haven't been faced with one of these: (a brain Jello mold)

41UCoCmY56L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Robin, you have revived my memory re cottage cheese in the Jello; it's now on my list. Yours too, Manda!

Had some great Jello in hospital, once. Black cherry Jello, with canned black cherries mixed in, over a Cool Whip layer.

"So many (Jellos,) so little time!":love:

PS: Is it true that gelatin is good for your fingernails? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
KT: Then just know your friends here will be thinking of you on Thanksgiving and grateful for knowing you online. Wishing you a day of relaxation, blessing and a good meal! Hugs!

KT, sorry to hear about some difficult guests at your mother's Thanksgiving dinner. Would it be doable to show up very late, have some leftovers, and have a peaceful visit with Mom?

kt, I wish we lived closer to each other. I would invite you over for Thanksgiving.

Back