11/22/23 - Donuts and Flood Advisory Over

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
We had heavy rain and wind last night into this morning. Looks like it is starting to improve outside. A damp and chilly 53, overcast, but sun might poke through later. Better today than tomorrow. Floats and balloons and marching bands (oh, my!) need nice weather.

I heard that Cher will be part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, appearing at the end, right before Santa.

The dog show is part of my tradition. Can't get enough of those pooches. I am always amazed at the variety of dogs there are, and when new breeds are introduced, simply wow!

Wishing everyone a great day.

1700665036916.jpeg

Good morning..... so how has the past 24 hours been for me??
1. HB figured it was time to fix the flat tire...... at 3pm so he got his compressor and at 4 it had put enough air in the tire to drive to Costco. I was to follow.
2 Sat in the Costco parking lot from 4-6:30 waiting for his tire to be worked on, temp at 4 48° temp at 6:30 when I said can we just go home and get the damn car tomorrow? 38°
3. went to a gas station for gas station pizza, wasn't bad
4. at 9 pm stray child/younger twins girlfriend texts Spawn 3 is in the hospital waiting for an operating room to open
5. text son he has an abscess in his gluteus again, this one smaller than the first will need surgery to drain and then a doctor to figure out why this keeps happening
6. go to bed, text messages continue till my 2 am
This morning
7. up at 6:30 to shower and meet with the contractor to put up Christmas lights
8. HB's phone won't work what's wrong with it. when did you last charge it? He hates his smart phone, but then he doesn't understand it uses battery faster, and he uses it for a radio
9. Watched show put up the summary
10. Contractor arrives to put up lights as he will be out of town till Monday.
11. Baked a pie
Still waiting for today
Trip to Costco to get car
make jello salad
go shopping to get the perfect ornament

I hope that everyone has a less stressful day than mine......

PS, son just texted he has had surgery and will be heading home today....

It's sunny and in the 40s today. No walk this morning since it was in the 20s. I couldn't go
later since library day. For some reason, it's closed tomorrow :)

I had two stops on the way home. I got some groceries. I put things away and went back out
for lunch. I went to lunch with woman from former Sunday school class. It didn't work out for
us to meet to tomorrow. I have a turkey to cook and house too messy for visitors.

Wilde Woman, I'm glad the your area didn't flooding this time.

robin, I hope the rest of your week won't be so stressful. I hope your son feels better soon.

I hope everyone is having a fine day.

Son is home, been to Costco once already today. Last night they said the car would be ready at 11 so we went.... but.... they neglected to say they couldn't/wouldn't work on it till the now required 4 new tires were paid for..... so tires paid for..... now we are to go back at 8:00 tonight to get the car... but the pie is made, the jello salad is made, the pumpkin bread is made, the perfect ornament is made just need to get the noodles cooking for the lasagna and mix the guts up.... tomorrow will be easy peasy.... one more desert to make.... the bread was made because I purchased to pie pumpkins one for me and one for stepmother.... ya she is still in Arizona but for the past 8 years I've bought her a pie pumpkin and then the weekend I visited after Halloween took it home and cooked it into bread for her.....so this year I had way too much pumpkin for one pie but enough for a pie and a loaf of bread..... I'll cool it completely and then wrap for the freezer.... should be good in a week or two after the pie is gone and the dump cobbler is a distant memory.... I'd lie and say I'll take it to her.... but ya nah.... it will never make it to her.....

I need to check the holiday lights, per HOA rules they can't be on until Friday night.... and can't be turned on after the 1st of January and have to be off the house by the 5th.... so weather depending we will get these down..... but they will be on tonight so I can check them out and make changes if need be.... (Yes, that will require me getting on the roof, so you can better believe their will be no changes made.)

Happy Wednesday evening......

Back