12/14/22 - Donuts & Snow!

I got 6.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep in my bed last nite. Yay! Dogs didnt bark and wake me up. It felt good to sleep that long - its been a while - they come in ever 2 hours at the hospital. I could have used more but the dogs heard me and started whining so I got up to get in recliner with them. I may go nap later.

It's cooling off here. we have a series of cold fronts coming to start bringing down the temps. I guess by Christmas it should be pretty cold.

Have a good day all!

Good morning everybody.

A cold day here in the 20s before the storm arrives tonight with freezing rain. The travel warnings have already gone up through tomorrow. We'll switch from freezing rain to torrential rain when the cold front and warm front converge here. North and east of us will get heavy snow instead. Tomorrow is the work Christmas party, and I'm debating whether to go or not. I don't want to come home to water in my basement.

I thought I had posted yesterday, but now found that I hadn't. Our monthly friends group had our Christmas lunch in another county. It seemed strange getting together on a Tuesday instead of Friday.

Poirot, stay safe up there. You're getting a lot of snow, but to me that's still better than flooding rain.

Dachsie, I'm glad you were able to get more healing sleep.

Snowin' a lot now, twas a bit in the early a.m. hrs. barely covered the sidewalk, but, has made up for it since. I don't mind an inch or two one day, another inch or two couple days later, etc. It builds up, but at least each time is manageable. When you get it all in a day or two, plows cannot keep up, or make any headway. Then they are still saying a chance of rain tonight, which makes it all dangerous. So far, no big wind, tho that is to come, they say. Doubt I will even go for the mail, not worth it. Just wish Mother Nature would calm down.
Take care all....stay in, stay safe.

Happy Mid-Week To All!

33 sunny/windy degrees in NY. We are due for a wintry mix tomorrow but nothing major.

Poirot - Love Minnie and Mickey! Maybe the weather will cooperate. But should it snow a lot, make the most of it and build a snowwoman that looks like Ava, then throw hot water on it and watch it melt. Repeat for Kristen.

Dachsie - Wonderful news about getting a good night's sleep, you deserve and need it.

redsquirrel - Hope the weather allows you to attend the party. Safety first!

1671031011259.png

Good morning all. It's another damp and cloudy day here. The sun might be out this afternoon.

Today is circle lunch. I'll leave here with my friend around 11:30 and home after 2.

I found out from my neighbor she's getting a delivery from FedEX today. Will it come when I'm home
since it has to be signed for? Probably not. I'll be home tomorrow afternoon, but not the morning.

rs, I hope you can get to the Christmas party tomorrow.

dachsie, I'm glad you had a good night's sleep.

Poirot, stay safe with the weather.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the weather since you'll be inside.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Good morning..... well, yesterday's meeting with the health care worker didn't go as planned.... they don't provide any of the care I need them to provide..... so I'll continue to go over every morning and get her out of bed and then back during the day to put her in bed and the occasional run over to take her to the toilet...... Tomorrow we see her doctor..... hopefully he will have some answers......

I have more cookies to bake and some need to be mailed.... I'd best get them in the mail today, even if the peanut butter balls won't be ready..... they aren't going to the same person anyway.....

We are 37° at 8:45 this morning.... we normally get a couple of days of "cold" each winter.... guess this is our week. But then again nothing is normal any longer so I have no idea what's happening weather wise.....

Happy Wednesday....

So, it is snowing heavily now, sort of like the fake snows on Hallmark movies. Always get a kick, the characters there are out in the snow, no caps or head coverings, it is cold, and yep, they are wearing wool coats, down jackets, etc. None are z ipped up, buttoned, etc. They go inside, and no one has wet hair, or even a few snowflakes on their shoulders.
Anyway, the pine tree branches already are hanging down, it is 10:30 a.m. , snow is even heavier now. Winter is taking charge......lol

Poirot, are you signed up for emails from USPS showing the fronts of each envelop coming in the mail that day ? If not, you should do that so you don't have to go out for the mail unless necessary. I like that it also tells you when a package is coming.

Back