2/2/16 - Donuts and More Overnights

IamRed

Reaction score
Good very early morning everyone!

I'm on my second week of overnights. Tonight I'm in a store over an hour away from my house. I'm dreading the drive home in a few hours.

On the plus side this is a new store so my allergies aren't all messed up from cleaning up a bunch of dust.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good morning. Well, that groundhog in PA did not see it's shadow, so supposedly it means an early spring....this while a major, huge, winter storm is bearing down on the mid-west, across central and southern WI, and has moved a bit so it is going further north and west, so yes, we are due up to 8", maybe more, dropping temps, etc. etc.
But thank goodness the caucuses in Iowa are over, too bad the rhetoric isn't over as well. They all move on to other states now.
Wonder if the movie "Groundhog Day" is being shown anywhere tonight? lol

Good morning. We finally have working internet again. My first hatch of chicken eggs in the incubator I got for Christmas is finally happening. Two chicks have hatched so far. Ava's class does activities for one letter a week and this week they're on the letter P. So tomorrow they're going for lunch at Pizza Hut. She's super excited. I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning all,

Sunny day today and to be 52F. Yesterday it rained and got to about 56F--a lot of snow was melting, but tonight got to 30F so it froze up again. I went to the Total Body class yesterday at the gym for the first time in a few weeks, and planned on boot camp this morning, but chose to sleep in again. At school, my first class ended like 50 minutes early, and my second class was canceled. On Mondays, I also have a long night class (it only meets once a week), but it's int'l law, which I find boring and useless (nobody follows int'l law anyways; they only do what's in their interests), but it's a requirement, so I have no choice.

I'm also applying for the Birthright trip this summer For those who don't know, it's a program that Jewish people (I think ages 18-26) can go on for a free 10-day trip to Israel, either over winter break or in the summer months. I'm trying to go in June. My friend is moving there in June and will complete her last two years of college there, so I might stay with her for a few days after the trip is over.

Have a nice day everyone.

What a Tuesday morning! I woke up early to pay some online bills only to find my account has been hacked/emptied. I have .07 in checking; no savings and a huge credit card loan [that was transferred to checking before being transferred to their bogus account]. Know what I want to see a politician do? Pass a law for mandatory long-term sentences for robbing someone else's bank account!!! The bank isn't "open" for business so I have to schedule a break when a human being is available to start procedures to hopefully recover most of my money. I am furioius, frustrated, and exasperated.

RED: hope your schedule returns to normal soon. Thank goodness the new store won't trigger your allergies.

POIROT: that groundhog is a bit confused this year. Snuggle up and stay warm friend.

KAT: enjoy your windy but sunny day. Hope you can garden and enjoy it.

ROCKFORD: congrats! on your new chicks. It is always fun to watch them hatch & grow. And the letter "P" is a good one if it means pizza!

DAYS: hope you are accepted for the birth-right trip! That sound awesome!

Take care everyone.

Morning all. Noel's rain cleared away leaving us with "cold" temps last night, so the "tender" trees were brought to the kitchen.

Noel, good luck girl getting things fixed. It is a hassle. I hope to never have to deal with. Two stolen checks were bad enough.

May I offer a second to thank goodness Iowa is finished?!! I mean, I follow politics to some degree, but OMG, the talking heads were about to have my head explode. IF it is going to keep up like this for the rest of the year, I'm about to wish for November 10th and it's all over, skipping my beloved summer.

Anyway, pictures of my kitchen, with my tender guys.

Kitchen forest 1.jpg kitchen forest 2.jpg

Noel ~ so sorry to hear about that theft!!!! Devastating! I hope the bank is able to fix it quickly.

Well, Brady Black was in my dream last night. That was fun. :love: But then I overheard someone say he got some woman pregnant and he was moving to Argentina for 12 years to get his life together. LOL Aren't dreams entertaining??!!!!

DAYS: I am on the phone now after being transferred twice. I was actually asked "do you want to speak to a live person". Okay.........so a dead one will do?! It is going to take a very long time at this rate.

ROBIN: your 'kitchen' plants look beautiful!

Thanks Lilo, JS and Days.

Noel, identity theft is an outrage. The responsibility should lie wholly with the bank, barring their ability to prove that you were party to the fraud. The bank's "Who, me?" position is disgusting! We wouldn't tolerate that from any other business I can think of (except the revenuers.) :angry: :angry: :angry:

LilO, your dream plot sounds much more interesting than the show itself! :drunk:

Oh, Noel, that happened to Lovo a while back, and it did take her a long time to get everything straightened out. Banks make you jump thru hoops with "safeguards" and yet it happened. Fraud is fraud, so they should have a way to deal with it easier than we are seeing.

Noel, you're right only a live person can help you :) Since you've
been waiting so long, i wonder if others had the same problem.

No outside time for me today. I washed towels this morning and hung
them out. They should dry quickly.

My friend reminded me of the plant I'm trying to dig up. It's called
Monkey grass. I have liriope. We know someone who might want part
of it. I'll save some the next time I go out digging. I might be out Sunday.
It's supposed
to be another nice day.

Hello, folks. It's been nice outside since early this morning, so guess where I've been, lol. It's supposed to rain, though. Remmy has recently decided to get on the forbidden couch (she has taken over one) and watch me through the blinds when I leave the house. She is tearing up the blinds, to boot. I've rushed back inside to scold her and threaten her with a fly swatter, but that tactic lasts a nanosecond when I leave again, grrr. I see the evidence when I get home, lol.

Noel, that is awful and what an ordeal to hopefully straighten out.

Stay safe, everyone.

Oh so sorry, Noel. We had that happen to us too! We belong to a credit union though and other than having to go down to the credit union and sign paperwork, they handled it all and all transaction were off of our account by that afternoon. So hang in there maybe the banks are getting better at taking care of it all!

Poirot - do you think the ground hound is going to be right??! I sure hope so!

It snowed all weekend and all day yesterday but it's that snow that is wet and doesn't pile up at all! I just want to see the sun. No wonder everyone in this city has to take Vitamin D - LOL

It has been really busy for us and trying to keep up is tiring. I went home yesterday, fixed dinner, cleaned up and then went to the mall and walked my laps. Came home and laid down to watch some TV (which was hard with politicians taking up every channel), and just fell asleep. That is so not me.

Six weeks until daylight saving time and I've been watching every day how many minutes we are gaining back. LOL

Shannon

Unimportant Update: Back to Meijer for Chunky soup. Found out they have MANHATTAN CLAM CHOWDER! :) It has been very hard to find (around here) for several years. I think the CEO that returned a couple of years ago has been kicking butt, and taking names at Campbell's. Poirot, there was no sign of 50 cent tomato soup, though. :(

KAT: so far no mass hacking at the bank. I am told they raid social network sites for data. Keep digging away at that monkey grass.

JS: thanks for sharing your friends experience at the bank.

KT: every dog owner knows they lay all over furniture while we are gone and none of us have a lasting solution. Stay patient friend.

SHANNON: that fatigue is what I get after 6+ months of summer heat. At least the groundhogs is predicting early Spring. Hang in there.

Back