3-2-2016 - Donuts, Tossing and Turning

K

ktspirit

Good morning. I couldn't sleep last night, but I got to do some stargazing. I spent most of the day yesterday at my mother's house setting up her computer after finally getting Windows 10 installed. I had to get her internet going, printer, etc.

I had a stack of firewood that was rotten and wouldn't burn, so my landlord offered to haul it off for me. He did that while Remmy was stuck inside for the day. Now you know Remmy doesn't like new things appearing: wasn't there before, shouldn't be there now. Apparently she also doesn't like things missing that have always been there, either, lol. She barked and barked at the bare spot in the yard where the firewood was and when she got tired of barking, she just kept staring at the spot, lol!

A sunny and warm day in the forecast. Yay for me, lol!

Take care!

Good morning all......sky was all red streaked this morning, no idea why.....nope, no rain/snow in forecast, but who knows. Been so long since I have had French toast....so thought perhaps today was a good day to at least remember what it was like. LOL
french_toast_l.jpg

Good morning friends.

Insomnia stalked my night. My stronger meds keep me sleeping most of the day. I went outside from 3am til now to enjoy a starry sky with a cool breeze. Delightful.

KT: kudos on setting up your mother's computer, printer & internet browser. Poor Remmy having to bark away those invisible gremlins.

POIROT: oh that French toast has me craving it...now.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day.

Another pretty day here.

I walked Goldie early since it's my Mahjong class day. The dog that attacked her was
outside. A man was by a truck and I yelled loud dog outside. He finally put dog in truck
and closed doors after I yelled more. I told him she attacked my dog. Maybe man taking
dog since I was told she wasn't put outside in front anymore. He did say he was sorry.

kt, I'm glad you got your mom's laptop going. There should be a way to prevent her
from doing any updating herself. Maybe you fix it so only you can do that. It's worth
a try.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Morning all. A couple of years ago, I lived in a hotel for a year as I was the onsite support for a client. It was in Los Angeles and they paid for me to fly home to Sacramento once a month or I could fly my boys down to spend the weekend with me. So it was cool. It was a Holiday Inn and at the time, they had the BEST French Toast. Cinnamon swirl bread as the base. It was really good and I looked forward to that every Saturday, or Sunday.

Got home yesterday and dozed off and on through the Super Tuesday results. I live with a political junkie and when not sick, I qualify too. But NCIS would have been my choice last night. Then finally gave up and went to bed. Tonight I have a meeting I can not get out of, so I will have to hope I'm strong enough to attend.

Have a great Wednesday and I hope Remmy gets over the loss of the rotten wood. Maybe she had some critter friends housed inside??

KAT: so glad you were proactive to protect your dog & the man responded quickly. Enjoy your class today.

ROBIN: sure hope you're not exhausted after a full day of work and then a meeting. Recovering strength is a challenge post this flu.

Robin, on NCIS the gang had their murder victim, everyone went home, and in their own ways, none could enjoy home. Whether a date, a meal, whatever, as they puzzled out what did not ring right with the case......and all showed up at the site late at night, with their hunches, thoughts, clues, etc.
Was funny to me, being we have these restless sleepers here, probably thinking over situations, problems, etc.
The sun came back out now, it really is rather blinding on the snow. But a welcome sight, for sure.

Last nite stayed away from the election results. Watched an Everybody Loves Raymond rerun. And there was Robert gladly munching on a box of Bugles, watching TV, Raymond joined him.
And that was product placement done in the most natural, easy, fun manner. Days could learn a thing or two. LOL

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone,

Gosh, what a busy morning. Had a short training on a new program so I can be one of 2 program experts to help the rest of the team. Also had to wrap up a couple tasks just to make sure nobody else gets stuck with my work if my mother-in-law should happen to pass. The hospice nurse gives her a couple days at best.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'd reply to you all, but I have a meeting in 7 minutes.

Hi everybody. I was out in the snowstorm the first half of the day doing child screenings in the northern part of my county. This afternoon, I've been finishing up the state reports for all 6 of our counties. Well, I've been trying to. The same woman on the other side of the state who screws up every month is holding me back. All reports were due to me by noon today, and I still haven't heard a peep out of her. I could spit nails right now.

Poor Remmy! She would hate living with me since I move things around.

I enjoyed NCIS last night. It was nice how they spotlighted the deductive reasoning process for each team member.

Wow am I late getting on or what?! This new system is a bugger. We got about an hour's worth of training and now we have to figure out everything else ourselves. Business has just been crazy. I think everyone in this city is remodeling or building??

Just heard from our daughter they are moving about 5 blocks from us which will be so nice. Ember is 5 now and will start kindergarten in the fall so the school district is going to be great for her. And with the baby coming, I can be close to help when needed. My daughter is teaching at Eastern State University and finishing up her Masters so this will cut her drive down a lot.

You're so brave Squirrel to travel all over in the snowstorms you have. I admire that!

I'm glad everyone is on the mend.
Shannon

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having an excellent day! Today I went to work, came home and had dinner. I had a beef meat pie and some salad. I liked the salad more than the meat pie. After dinner, I did some chores around the house like I normally do every evening and right now I'm relaxing and watching the Toronto Maple Leafs/Washington Capitals hockey game on television!! I am so happy that tomorrow is Thursday but I would be more happy if tomorrow was Friday! :)

The weather was sunny but cold today. Although, last night we had a snowstorm and the weather reporters were making it sound like it was going to be one whopper of a storm. But it was like every other snowstorm we have had this year. I love over exaggeration!! :beat:

I hope that each and everyone of you have a wonderful Wednesday evening! Much love to all!

I do not know what I did today, My time was sucked away.

Watching: MAD TV 20th Anniversary Special. I loooved that show. Best thing since In Living Color.

I am about to refuse to leave the house for a few days and that will be that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back