3/24/2024 - Donuts and Thunderstorms

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This morning started off with a Boom...then a phone call...... we finished the first of what will be many "yellow" spots on the radar map..... Grandson was out camping, they've been in area's where it was a tad bit colder and wetter for the Weekend camp out..... Grandpa aka Hunny Bunny is leaving shortly to pick him up as the camping experience is being cut short.....
I'll spend the day with a nervous pup.....I really wish we could get the van in the garage but that won't happen....the other side of our garage now in home to valuable empty flattened boxes that we used for moving here.....apparently they need to be sorted, tape removed, then bundled together for use next time we move....whatever.....

I hope everyone stays safe in the wacky weather and you are able to enjoy your Palm Sunday service.....

I remember when we moved here and had that garage full of empty carboard boxes. When daughter & son-in-law came to visit, he collapsed all the boxes, piled them up, and into the town dumpster they went. Don't plan on moving again, but when one needs boxes again, heck, the s supermarket or WalMart will gladly have you take theirs.

I feel like it's Saturday, since I ran my Saturday errands this morning due to yesterday's flooding rain. Right now it is 40 but very, very windy, feels like 20. Grateful to see the sun, though.

Robin: That is a shame the camping trip ended sooner than planned. Wishing you a great day despite some obstacles.

Let's all enjoy the day whether we are busy or just lazing around.

1711294772197.png

It's partly cloudy this morning and will be in the 60s later. I'm under a wind adversary this afternoon and tonight.
Rain all day tomorrow.

This afternoon I'll be working on the tax return. I need to copy info on other forms in ink and make sure everything
entered correctly. The accountant doing my brother's taxes says I will get a form. So, I can't finish until I get it. She
said no income, but expenses. Probably not enough I can use, but I can wait. I still have to do state return.

robin, take care during the bad weather. Can the boxes fit in your vehicles until you find a place for them?

Wilde Woman, I hope you can stay in the rest of the day.

Wishing everyone a restful rest of the day.

Good afternoon everyone. A bright day here, but very cold.

Was too lazy to prep or cook a regular Sunday dinner so went with a quick stir fry...minute rice, microwave California medley vegetables cooked in the microwave, and a small container of leftover cooked country ribs and onions from the freezer. All was stir fried in the wok with soy sauce.

Dishes are done. Just need to sweep the floors before taking the garbage bin to the road.

I honestly thought the weather people would be wrong, but alas, they were right on top this time. The snow began this morning, has been going on all day, still coming down hard. Schools are all closed tomorrow north of us. but for some reason.....not here, despite all the snow we have had already, that is still coming down, despite the forecasts of some rain coming in, mixing with the snow, the drop in temps overnight which means ice, and the snow continues tomorrow. Bus drivers must be having a fit by now. Yes, a jim dandy storm, which may go til Tuesday.......you bet I am staying in. Those who have to get to work.....hospitals, E.R., supermarkets, WalMart, police and fire dept........God Bless and watch over them all.

we've had two tornados in state so far.... not near us.... our storms are due after 8pm local time so shortly.... rain has returned.... so thunder can't be far off..... swell...... parts of Kansas are in for accumulations of the white stuff......

In my talk with my stepmother she's so excited yet frightened that her great grandson will be interviewing with a professional football team.....

Stay safe if you are in weather..... I plan on it...

Back