4/9/23 - Donuts and Easter

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
happy-easter-religious-wishes.jpg

Happy Easter!

I started dinner early so all of the mess would be cleaned up. My neighbor wanted to take the trash bins to the road before he left for the day.

Not as big of an Easter dinner as I usually make: a small sliced boneless quarter ham in the crockpot with Dr Pepper, brown sugar, and pineapple; sweet potatoes; corn; and deviled eggs.

Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a lovely day

Just back from church......Sure hope you all have a lovely day......hey, Robin......those weather guessers said we were to have sunshine, blue skies, 52, calm lovely Sunday. Well, so far, it is overcast, windy, (making it feel even colder) as it is 52. And now they are talking rain, which was never in the forecast, even late last night. LOL, this morning I was trying to decide what to wear outside over the clothes....as I only had one very light coat, but it is sort of a raincoat, and then winter coats. Opted for a wool, winter coat, short one, but did not button it. As it turned out, right choice with this goofy weather.
Church was lovely, service was beautiful, though why they decided to have kids First Communion along with Easter is beyond me. Church was very overcrowded. Heck, Christmas & Easter are the two times the church is completely full, so adding the families of the Communicants really was stretching the limits. (Each family gets their own pew or two. Am sure many families figured to have the Family Easter at the First Communion home so......definitely a full house today, which was nice.
Sure is different having a holiday dinner all alone.......but....then, not as many dishes to wash. LOLOL God Bless you, enjoy whatever you are doing today!

It's a beautiful day here with sunshine and in the 70s.

I froze leftovers at Christmas and that's what I had today for dinner. During dinner, I watched the ABC
special with Jeremy Renner (actor Marvel movies). He's the man that got run over by a snowplow on
New Year's Day. It's a miracle he's alive.

I'm working in the flowerbed now. I told myself I won't take dirt out this year, but I'm doing it anyway.
There are so many high spots that need taken out.

robin, I hope you're taking a rest day after your busy Sat.

Wilde Woman, I like the old timey Easter card.

Poirot, I'm glad you were able to get to church today.

I hope everyone has a restful afternoon and evening.

Back