5/1/21 - Donuts & Hurray, 1st of May

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, tho it seemed very overcast at 6 a.m., the sun arrived around 9. Went to bed around 11 last nite, phone ringing at 12:30! Scared me, answered, female voice says "are you open?" I said NO, WE ARE IN BED, ASLEEP! Am guessing wrong number, but it bothered me all night, kept waking up, so lousy sleep. This a.m. I look at phone, see number with weird area code. I look it up. NEW JERSEY! Now that is eastern time, so she is calling some place at 1:30 a.m.??? Sheesh. Hubby also bothered.

So today, my granddaughter is finally getting married, after cancelling her wedding twice, because of the covid restrictions. They are having just very small back yard wedding now, which they will stream on zoom for some family, if they can get it. (She lives in Kansas. )

And today, Kat should be getting her faucet & water all hooked up & can celebrate!

I have been trying to see if I can do the "zoom streaming" thing, but not successful so far.

Oh, yeah, today is opening day of fishing season here in WI. Trust those who venture out have good luck, weather is great.

Good Morning.

I was up early today to drive to a town to the southeast of us (an hour away) as they were having a warehouse sale and I thought it would be fun. Little did I know that when we got there at a little before 8 the sale started at 8, this was a big deal!!! There was no parking so HB dropped me off and then drove down the road to park. There was a black Friday like crowd waiting at the gate. I was able to buy a bunch of stuff for $40 so it was successful. Got a tripod with carrying case for $5, and a bunch of children's books and best of all, cards. Now I don't have to go to the store for each birthday. I was in and out in about a half hour. Walked out to the street and the van picked me up and home we headed.

Lots of people for the Beast to greet. He was very happy.

Poirot - I hate late night calls. And late night wrong numbers are the worst. Like are they checking to see if anyone is home????

Good day to all who come to post today!!!!

Everything is finally done. I was hoping to move the garbage disposal to the other half
of the sink, but it didn't work out. He got here just before 11 and just left. Almost 2. He
was so nice. He stuck to the price he gave me enough though he had to do extra
work. I gave him a tip.

Here's a tip if you put in new countertops and have to get faucets. Make sure the new
faucet is long enough underneath to go thru the new countertop. I didn't know that and
he had to go to the hardware store to get stuff. He had to realign the dishwasher too.

It's sunny and it's going to be in the 70s today. I worked in my flowerbed since I couldn't
have lunch when he was here. Now it's time to eat. Then back outside.

Poirot, I'm sorry you have to miss your granddaughter's wedding.

robin, I'm glad you found some bargains.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

Well, I got to SEE my granddaughter get married.......hearing was another story. Evidently the preacher was too far away from the mike, but, when it came to vows, knew what was going on. They both looked fabulous, she even had a long train, tho, if they walked up with a parent, did not see that. Was a short thing.

Hey, it hit 80 here! Egads. Rain in the forecast. LOL

Back