8/23/2022 - Donuts and is it *ever* going to cool down?

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HB and I got up and headed to the storage unit today at 7am it was already 87 and humid.... I am soaked and tired.... I'm resting before showering and heading to stepmothers to help move things at her place... it will be warmer by then and more humid....
Stepmother's bestest Daughter in law is coming by to pick her up while I wait for the movers, to take her out to see her new place and then to the doctor's office..... Since I'm only taking the pictures and some other small things today all is good..... if her Bestest Daughter in law was really the best they'd have her move in with them as they profess to care so much for her.....but hey family dynamics....

I hope everyone has a great day....

You sure have a busy day, Robin, and a long one. You did remind me tho, back some time ago, my mom had a heart attack, was in the hospital. My hubby immediate said to me, she is going to be living with us now, and began drawing plans for an extension to be built on our house. We had a 3 bd.rm. then, but had 3 kids. He was figuring space needed, cost, contractors, etc. My mom passed 3 days after the lst heart attack, suffering a second massive one. But he never hesitated a second, telling my mom "you will be coming to live with us", which she did not mind, loved our house, & where we lived in the suburbs. (she lived in Chicago).
Am sorry you find you are alone in caring for you m-inlaw Robin, but God is watching over you & your hubby. Blessings on you both.

81 with 66% humidity in NY. Very oppressive even in the apartment. Can't really use the a/c, as it is loud, and I can't hear the office phone on the computer. But the floor fan works well when in front of it. Due for a bit more rain and temps in and/or near the 90' s for the next few days.

Robin - Best to you with your busy day, keep cool.

Poirot - Such a bittersweet story. You are good people.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. The best thing about Tuesday is that it is NOT Monday!

1661271040883.png

Another fall like day here with clouds and highs only in the 80s. I spent time in my flowerbed. I'm almost done.
Nothing planned for the rest of the day except doing the summary.

robin, sorry about your humidity. I hope you get a cool down soon. Is step mom going into an assisted
living facility? Will she further from you? Will you still need to go by and help her out?

Wilde Woman, I hope you get a cool down soon.

I hope everyone has a terrific rest of the day.

Back