8/26/2021 - Donuts and back to work?

Good Morning,

We started our day with a trip to the dentist, Gena has one new cavity and apparently one of her wisdom teeth grew in. I knew she was getting a tooth, but I thought it was a 12 year molar, since she's 11. The dentist said it's not pushing her teeth out of place, so as long as she keeps it clean she doesn't need it pulled. Her filling is scheduled for October. My mom will pick up Gena this afternoon to work on her quilt.

Robin - oh dear, that's so hot, I hope work goes well today.
Kris - heat warning yuck, stay safe.

Have a great Thursday!

Good morning......rather hazy this a.m. It's the smoke from the MN wildfires. They closed the Boundary Waters Canoe area, evacuated all the campers, homes have been destroyed, etc. Also the Gunflint trail there is also having fires and is closed.
Hubby is not doing well, was admitted to hosp.,tons of tests, EKG abnormal, Troponin levels sky high (measures protein in blood, indicator of heart attack) . Normal is 17, his was over 400, but now down to 392. Chest pain during night, running 101 fever, is feeling slight nauseous. They called cardiologist in Duluth to maybe transport him there, but will stay here for now. They are "not sure" it was heart attack.....but do not say what else it might be. I took a fast ru n to the hospital to bring some pills he is on and they don't carry.
Our local newspaper has been bombarding me with renewal notices for Sept. I checked my records, as I thought I was subscribed til March. wrote them back, sais there has to be mistake, I always pay in first couple months, am sure I am u p in March. Apology reply today, their computer made the error, had a glitch, been corrected, I am paid to March 23, 2022. lol (I gave them dates of checks made in Jan/Feb last 4 years.) the paper changed hands recently, & raised their subscription rate $25.......so doubt I will renew next March. Lil0.......so glad for the negative result for you. Mandy, that does seem early for a wisdom tooth, but then, seems Gena is growing so fast, I still think of her being 3 or 4. LOL (Yes, I know, but sometimes I think of my own adult children, remembering them at that age, or as teens. Hard to think of myself with these older adult children. Ha.)

Another hot, humid day. I didn't know until late yesterday I was under a heat advisory
yesterday. I guess it felt like 108. Today it's suppose to feel like 101. I watered the front bed
this morning. Then picked petals. So far, only 3 Japanese beetles this week.

A good day at the library. I put things on the shelf and then sorted the adult movies. No,
not those kind of movies. I found a few that were duplicated because one was DVD and the
other blue ray. So, there are six movies gone.

Poirot, sorry to hear about your husband. I hope they will let you know what's happening soon.

robin, remember you will get paid for getting up early and going out in the hot weather.

Lil0, great news you don't have Covid. I hope you feel better soon.

manda, I thought you just took Gena to the dentist. Time flies doesn't it.

Kris, I hope you didn't have to out in the heat too long.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Kat - the last time not so long ago was a filling, this time was a cleaning and x-rays. They are always booked solid, so I schedule cleaning appointments 6 months in advance and pray they have appointments for other work that don't interfere with school too much.

Poirot - there are plenty of days that I miss the days of Gena being 3 or 4, she's mostly wonderful as a tween. I'm so sorry about your husbands continued struggles. I wonder if he had a mini heart attack, my Grandma struggled with those and mini strokes, the last year or so before she passed. It was so painful to watch her go through that on top of the Alzheimer's and bone cancer/

Good afternoon everyone.

The humidity finally took a toll a few days ago when my oxygen saturation dropped to 88. Doc put me on supplemental oxygen as needed through this coming weekend.

All of the local home health agencies wanted $200 upfront since insurance wouldn't cover a rental of less than a month. Cindy to the rescue!! She had her son bring Jim's concentrator and unused cannula/tubing that were in sealed packages.

Oxygen levels are staying at 95 today without the additional oxygen so hopefully the crisis is over. I haven't had this happen in years, and hope it never happens again. Doc said many of his pulmonary patients are having significant problems with this high humidity and bad air quality.

Lil0, I'm glad you don't have COVID-19, and am so sorry that you're health problems are escalating again.

robinsnest, that heat sounds awful.

Kris, be careful in that heat

Poirot, prayers continue.

Amanda, it is still hard for me to think of Gena as being as old as she is, too.

kat I'm sure your volunteer work at the libraries is deeply appreciated.

Oh Shirley, I'm so glad Cindy was able to help, I'm sure Jim would be pleased to know that you're borrowing his old equipment too. I hope your weather and air quality improves soon. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you.

home from the job. Of course it isn't what I agreed to, shocking I know. I was supposed to be in a back office entering students into the system so they can be registered. BUT instead, I'm out front answering the phone and dealing with students, parents and such. One of the folks came up and told me that she wanted this done by the end of the week. So no pressure, I need to alphabitize and then file the entire night school rosters. The issue is that these darlings have 3 to 7 different pieces of paper. Am I to staple them together NO, okay.... just file them in date order. Where do I find the date. It's there. OK.....This admin is having a very difficult personal life I've been told so I'll just file and no one will look at these pages ever again.
The people outside of cranky woman are all great and I'll be okay there.

Poirot I please take care of yourself.
Lil0 I'm so happy you were negative.... unhappy you've been unable to control your disease. It will all come around you've got this.
RS I'm so glad you checked in. I'm sorry you are having troubles.... it will be Fall soon and the weather should dry out for awhile.

Grandma got her picture of the mohawk....
donuts mohawk.jpg

robin, are people wearing masks when they come to the office? I hope they are. Be safe if
they aren't. Thanks for posting the picture of your grandson.

No, I wasn’t out in the heat for long. Just had to pick up the youngest.

had to go search for a baby picture for Siege - Senior pics are tomorrow and they were told to bring a baby pic with them. Of course she had to approve what I picked

well... kat.... some kids are wearing masks... as are some adults.... I'm to hand out masks to students without them.... but they can decline because of "Health" reasons as in their parents want them on a ventilator sooner rather than decades later... you can refuse if you say you have a valid reason, I'm not allowed to question the reason. AS for the adults, there are no words.

Ugh Robin,

our school is mandating masks but there’s this ONE girl who refused to wear one and just keeps spouting “I have a doctors note and a 504, you can’t make me”
Her supposed drs note says masks affect her asthma.

the same asthma that hasn’t affected her spot on basketball, volleyball or track teams in the last 6 years (7-12th) ever

Back