9/21/21 - Donuts and rain

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It rained last night. Finally. Thunder woke me up during the night, but I went back to sleep.
I was suppose to rain all morning, but we got some heavy rain.

I went out early to walk, but I was unprepared for how cool it was. I'm going out again in a
couple of hours. I'll be dressing warm the next few days when walking.

I'm staying in today catching up on a lot of things.

I hope everyone has a pleasing day.

Good morning everyone. A rather wet one here after monsoon rains last night. The rains will continue the rest of today through Thursday morning. You all know how much I love rain. :sarcasm: The thought of it being dark and rainy for that long is just depressing. This is that bone chilling damp and cold to the bone rain.

School is a bit delayed this morning until 10:00, then the afternoon class starts until 1:00. I'll have plenty of time to get back to town to get my flu shot in between the sessions.

kat - My rain is coming from the south / southwest so probably part of the storms from down your way.

Last edited:
Good morning........rained some more during the night, but sun is out now......but.....48° is the temp! Yep, leaves are changing so fast, . The sun has the dew/rain on the grass, glistening in different colors. LOL

Poirot, that seems a mite chilly for September. We're supposed to have the 70s today then down to the 60s and 50s for the rest of the week. The maple trees here are just about bare, and the beech trees are turning yellow. The rest are still green, but the oaks have been dropping acorns since the middle of August. It seems that fall started moving in a month too early here.

Good morning everyone!

We’re in Emerald Isle this week. It poured down here last night too and the wind was a little crazy. The ocean is a little rough still but it’s in the 80s and sunny.

kat, enjoy your day.

rs, we probably had rain from the same system.

Poirot, I hope once I get back home it would be in the 60s. We had a very hot August. Thankfully September has only been in the 80s.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good morning..... sleeping in one's own bed is wonderful...... as is showering in one's shower.......
Cassius 1.jpgCamille 1.jpg
Cassius showing Grandma his SpiderMan bike helmet and "guys" and Ms Camille just being cute she had been eating chocolate ice cream she hasn't quite mastered the spoon.... but then if Grandma were honest sometimes she too gets chocolate on her nose too..... :)

Kris I hope your daughter in on the mend and separation/quarantine works and no one else in the family comes down with the virus.... I finally got caught up reading weekend posts....

Poirot I hope things get settled and all becomes routine.... and while wishing for the pie in the sky for you I also hope you start sleeping 7 hours a night without waking......

kat thanks for everything....

Off to PT and then a regular Tuesday....

Good Morning,
We had thunderstorms over night, they started as I was laying in bed reading before going to bed. I made got up to make sure rain wasn't coming in any of the windows (just one of the 2 in my bedroom, I think the gutter must be clogged a bit above it). It was great falling asleep with the cool breeze blowing in and the sound of rain and thunder in the background.
Today is much cooler at 61* when, considering yesterday we made it up to the low 80's. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed last night's new episode of NCIS, I'll keep the spoilers to myself as I know many of you watch, but may not have had a chance to see it yet. Tonight should be another quiet evening for us, thank goodness.

Poirot - I hope the social worker was able to get through to your husband and that everything goes smoothly today.
Kat - I'm glad your weather is cooler, although it sounds like it may be a bit too cool compared to normal for you.
Red - enjoy your time on the island.
RS - oh dear, I hope your basement stays dry.
Robin - Welcome home, I think your grandkids get cuter with every picture. :love:

Have a wonderful day!

Sunday, after church we have (usually) a "social hour" with coffee, bakery, and 3 people at our table are recovered from covid, all saying that now, months later, they still are tired a lot.

Back