A question about John's latest history

RomanBrady

Reaction score
I, like many, have been in and out of the show many times in the last few years. I always try to "hang in there and hope it will get better". And, like many, I came back full time 2 weeks ago, when the latest "new and improved revised, it's going to be great, AGAIN Days". began.

One of the first things I noticed was John commenting he was NOT an Alamain, and NOT half-Brady and half-Dimera. Now, I never liked the Santo/Coleen bit any more than the rest of you, however I thought it finally put that storyline to bed, and was willing to accept it as the FINAL FINAL word on the subject. So when did that become undone?

Was this shown or explained to not be the case? I am sort of glad the new writers are fixing and undoing that hot mess. But when did John find this out? And if we must go down that rabbit hole again, will we find out he IS Forrest Alamain or something brand new and different?

I would be happier if he was an Alamain, at least he would have ties and a history and perhaps one last visit from Auntie Viv could happen this way. I know Louise Sorrel (Vivian) said "never again" but maybe all could be forgiven briefly for Days 50th, if only for a few days.

Corday has fired and ticked off many others and somehow Thaao Penghlis (Tony/Andre) and Matt Ashford (Jack) and others always somehow find a way home to Salem if only for a job and for us as fans. Maybe Louise Sorrel (Vivian) could be talked back into the fold one last time to fix John's story and for the 50th, I can hope.

edited to replace word, to add actor's last name and also to add characters' names - please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Right before Brady and Jeannie Theresa got involved, Hope told Brady she had heard from John (who had left Salem). John told Hope he did extensive digging into his past, again, and found that he was not Ryan Brady after all. He found that Ryan Brady had died as a small child.

That was done so Brady and Jeannie T could be involved. Otherwise, they'd have been cousins having sex.

The other day, they showed John sending a copy of a newspaper article to someone (about Forrest Alamain drowning). So far, that's all we know.

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post that is directly above your own post - JS

Oh, so it is a very recent development, the new writers wasted no time at all undoing that one, LOL. Well if they are going to "go there" one more time, I hope they have a very very very good idea who he is before they go down that road for the 3000th time. I'm up for it if the payoff is worth it, :)

No, it's not a recent development. As I said, it was before Brady and Jeannie T got involved, last year.

deleted unnecessary quote - STOP quoting the post that is directly above your own post - JS

Oh, as I mentioned I have been in and out for a long time. I did not even realize Theresa and Brady went that far back, but thank you.

Brady and Theresa got involved last year or so and they have a baby, Tate.

Thank you. I hope to have some fun and comment and contribute. I have watched Days since the early 80's and some of my opinions may be unpopular but I do find many here are well versed in the show and hope to have fun here.

edited - JS

This is why John is currently wanting to dig into his past.

About the Alamain connection. Originally, when Forest was drowned, it was said that Lawrence was guilty of causing it, so Mother Alamain let all think that Forest was dead, but put him in that school, Auntie Viv knew of this, and eventually Stefano found him there.

SPECULATION !
We can probably think of different scenarios......let's say Mother Alamain was so distraught, refused to believe Forest was dead, wanted to put him away somewhere safe, and Viv came up with the idea of taking an orphan, telling Mom Alamain she would handle it all, enroll the boy in that school as Forest. Thus Mama avoided a breakdown, and Viv kept mum when Stefano took the person away, erased the memory, and made him his pawn, etc. etc.

Well, we know he can't be part Horton, since Belle married a blood Horton. And he can't be part Kiriakis since he married Isabella and had Brady. He can't be re-Brady-ized since Brady and Theresa slept together and had a baby.

With the recent mention of David and Susan Martin, maybe he's little Dickie Martin, back from the dead. :rotfl::sarcasm:

I never understood the Dr. Baker thing...he was annoying, to say the least. I am torn about John's search. Part of me wants him to find his past and part wants him to have the mystery about him.

Anyway, just glad that Days is actually watchable after years of constant FF thru crap story lines and taking if off my DVR for years it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would pay the writers to make him the long lost brother of Dr. Baker, if only it meant John would help him get out of prison and back on our screens.
This is by far the best idea that would make John digging into his past interesting. It's either that or make him Bart's brother. At this point it's got to be something outlandish.

I can't believe they are doing this again. Yes, decided John was not Santo and Colleen's son, just like he wasn't Forrest Alamain, but that was so long ago, why bring it up now? Who will he be next? Victor Kiriakis' long lost son?

Back