A question about the writing and filming of Days

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From recent pictures, Bill Hayes/Doug Williams' birthday it appears they are filming or have completed filming Christmas. So they are about 6 months out from what we are seeing now on screen.

When were the scripts written? Did the folks get these "Summertimey" stories last year when they returned from Christmas break? Were they written sooner, approved (cough cough gag gag) by Ron and then sent to the actors?

What we are seeing now was written, approved, shot and has been waiting for just how long before we were able to "feast" our eyes and ears upon the story making merriment?

scripts are written about 3 months before filming. However they do NOT film in order.....very much out of order. Mostly due to availability of some actors, who no longer live in the L.A. area, but reside in the midwest. Thus travel is a big factor. Thus someone who lives in Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, New York state, the Carolinas, Colorado......etc. etc. is not constantly available. So, they fly into L.A., planing to stay a week or two, but definitely want to get back home.

So, they film scenes from various episodes, if a storyline, they film all their own, and perhaps a few filler ones. Also, the show has to deal with the health of the actor, and any limits. Near the end of his run, Victor (John Aniston) was usually seated in a chair. When he passed, the few instances written for him were given to Maggie (Suzanne Rogers) to deliver.

And yes, they should have had Victor either leave town, or become ill or something by now, maybe they are debating recasting?? Or having him retire and move back to Greece.....but then Maggie would have to go, too.......Decisions, decisions.

Seems to me that the writers, also, handed over free reign to the least talented of the bunch for awhile, allowing them to include filler content while the higher-ups were vacationing, and then they can claim it was a resume-building experience/opportunity for the less-talented writers.

Just speculation on my part. I can't understand otherwise how we're heading into the summer break season without even one thrilling plot.

Back