ALTSoaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyPubBoy

Reaction score
Hi, all:

(Now, these are not "Days"-centric, but enjoyable serials to read nonetheless. I noticed a couple people clamoring for "stories" so I thought I would share the link. Maybe this will tide you over until one of our authors can get another "Days" one going.)

I just stumbled across a very interesting site a few weeks ago: www.altsoaps.com

The author has four(!!!) soaps running at all times: "Promises to Keep," "The Endless Night," "A House on the Hill," and "Brighton Bay." They are in a ficticious time warp in the past, which is interesting, but the characters and plots are easy and fun to read. (I zoomed through all four in a matter of a week or so before bed, etc.) You should check it out. I think some of you will enjoy it.

The author, Matt, I believe, also writes a monthy "Serial Reporter" which is like a "Soap Digest" on all four soaps that includes summaries, Comings & Goings, etc. It's a neat idea and it really cemented the "these are actual soaps" feeling of the site. A message board is on the site too to discuss each. I've joined, but I don't think anyone else has.

I've e-mailed with him to extend my enjoyment of the site and he has each soap plotted out months in advance, so don't get worried about whether or not it will ever be updated. They seem to be updated about once or twice a week.

Just thought I would pass these along. I hope those of you looking for alternate stories find these enjoyable!

Thanks, BRB, however we do try to stick to "Days" stories. It is fun to have characters we know experience different adventures than presented via the show's writers.

No problem! Feel free to move this to a better-suited thread. I looked around and this seemed the best fit, but I understand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back