An award for the writers

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
The show submitted the three episodes from January 2020 surrounding the Mother’s Day flashbacks wherein Adrienne Kiriakis (Judi Evans) died in a car accident as she was taking Sarah Horton (Linsey Godfrey) to the hospital. Sarah was in labor when the car she and Adrienne were in was run off the road by a vehicle driven by Orpheus (George DelHoyo). Sarah’s daughter, Mackenzie Horton, who was born on the side of the road near the accident was later pronounced dead upon arriving at the hospital. The death would later be the center of a baby switch storyline that continued throughout the early half of 2020 and continues to be referenced today.

Posted in the Twitter for the week. The 3 episodes they submitted were good. Sadly 3 out of a year, not a good look.

One never knows what goes on behind scenes. Maybe, the writers of other shows figured if Days goes down, one of us is next, so decided to try and "help" the one consistently occupying last place in the ratings.

I mean, it is writers voting for writers, just like it is the actors voting for actors.

The show did submit some emotional episodes, costs for all the shows go up, budget cuts are rampant among all 4. We really don't know, but just be aware, it is THE WRITING STAFF as a whole that won, not the headwriter alone.

Every episode can't be stellar. When you have a show that airs over 200 new episodes a year, you're going to get more "ho-hum" than "wow" and that's to be expected. But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a couple of stellar episodes a month, and not just a couple every sweeps period.

Charlie's murder, the Gwen reveal/Laura's death are the most notable. Finding out Ciara wasn't actually dead was somewhere in there, too, I think.

I agree with that, and I also feel like there should be some basis besides just "here are our 3 best episodes from the eligibility period" because those could legitimately be the only good episodes, period. And how is anyone supposed to know? Then you have the shows who may not have submitted 3 equally moving episodes because they are consistently putting out better quality and not saving all their standout scenes to lump together within the same episodes.

I hear you! It's the reason I haven't cared much about the Emmy® Awards the last few years. There's not a real competition and shows that have bad, bad years will win big sometimes.

It also gives us ridiculous storylines written specifically to be "powerhouse" Emmy® episodes (I'm looking specifically at Marlena's coma, which didn't pan out).

I hear you! It's the reason I haven't cared much about the Emmy® Awards the last few years. There's not a real competition and shows that have bad, bad years will win big sometimes.

It also gives us ridiculous storylines written specifically to be "powerhouse" Emmy® episodes (I'm looking specifically at Marlena's coma, which didn't pan out).
True, but nothing they ever write for Marlena will ever top the possession storyline.

I know I've said it here many times over the years, but Marlena's possession story is what really hooked me as a child. I'd never seen something so weird, it was truly amazing.

Back