Another make-up, hair and wardrobe thread

SarahBeth

Reaction score
I don't know who is applying Caroline's makeup but her lipstick is driving me nuts. I don't think the makeup artist can tell where her lips begin or end because that lipstick is well outside them in the corners. I also think the eyeliner on her in the mansion scenes is way too heavy. It's done well but too dark and too heavy.

Abby still has an oil slick on her head.

Reactions: jgk
Unfortunately with high definition these days, the makeup artists tend to cake on the makeup (especially on the older actors) to hide imperfections, wrinkles, etc. Caroline's makeup does look overly done lately.

I think they've done a great job with Eve's hair/makeup and clothing now that Paige has been killed. She actually looks the part of a grieving parent, dressed simply with little makeup and unstyled hair. Under the last regime, she'd have been in a tight, short dress, low cut to show off her cleavage, six-inch heels, a ton of jangly jewelry, lots of makeup and her hair would look salon fresh.

I thought that about Caroline and then I thought well maybe they did her makeup like this on purpose. I knew a woman growing up who begin having mental lapses and the worse she got the worse her makeup got. She would wear her lipstick remarkably like Caroline's has been lately.

Even after her daughter started caring for her, her makeup was the one thing she wanted to do by herself for the longest time. All us living close to her knew what was going on and understood but her daughter said they sometimes got some strange looks out in public.

Oh I am over the Abby's big loose shirt tucked in the front and hanging out in back. It just looks sloppy, not shabby chic at all.

That seems to be a popular style. I see it on TV and in magazines all the time.

Reactions: jgk
They don't seem to do a very good job on Abby's hair nor Jen's hair, in my opinion. That picture that Jenn was looking at, they both looked great! Style it like that!!

Totally bugs me how the "in" thing is often very unattractive. You have no idea how it bugs the blazes out of me to see torn jeans. They belong in a rag box, but so many think it so "chic". It isn't.
Same for the thing Abby has been wearing. Yes, it is done as she is supposed to be pregnant, but tis amazing that she is feeling her baby kick, but honest, I just don't see a baby bump. LOL

Unfortunately with high definition these days, the makeup artists tend to cake on the makeup (especially on the older actors) to hide imperfections, wrinkles, etc. Caroline's makeup does look overly done lately.

I think they've done a great job with Eve's hair/makeup and clothing now that Paige has been killed. She actually looks the part of a grieving parent, dressed simply with little makeup and unstyled hair. Under the last regime, she'd have been in a tight, short dress, low cut to show off her cleavage, six-inch heels, a ton of jangly jewelry, lots of makeup and her hair would look salon fresh.

Yeah, Caroline almost looks like a drag queen with all that powder and lipstick. She's a beautiful older woman but they need to do better work.

Eve is AMAZING! Kassie DePaiva (Eve) was a great sport to show up without much makeup and wear regular clothes, not caring about her looks cause she is grieving Paige and does not care about wearing tight dresses and trying so much, she's fabulous but it is so believable.

I actually think Eve so far has been the only woman in a long while to wear jeans and a t-shirt in Salem not all flashy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back