Any luck on a new feed 4 days ahead?

Reaction score
HI Poirot, et.al....

I was just wondering if there is any new news on getting the new feed set up to get the Days Ahead summaries again?

I've read all the technical posts, they just give me a headache - LOL - guess that just ins't my calling, it's pretty much "greek" to me.

However, someone posted a website which gives a day ahead summary, so I was wondering if someone has asked that webmaster how they get their feed to do their posts?

It was nice to read the next day summary, but I enjoy this website SO MUCH MORE. Barb does (in my humble, yet correct opionon - LOL!!) a much better write up. PLUS, I so enjoy reading all the posts from all the other viewers as well. Its a unique venue that Barb has provided, and I can't tell you how much I enjoy just reading what ya'll write - sometimes I laugh so hard I just about have to run to the bathroom!!

Anyway, if there is any news, would love to hear about it. BARB - I enjoy this so much, that I'm willing to chip in $25-50 depending on the equipment you need. I think it's the least I can do for all you've done for all of us. And I know how tight money is these "DAYS".

"PREACH THE GOSPEL AT ALL TIMES - IF NECESSARY, USE WORDS."
- St. Francis of Asssi

to tell the truth, I have been super busy this week, and have not been able to do much about the feed equipment. In fact, I have not hardly been at home. I have some overdue reports to do, and absolutely HAVE to do them tomorrow.
Yes, I see that some folks have been posting a link to an advance summary, the person that is doing it lives in Canada so gets the show a day ahead of the U.S.
Just as DJM does, who will post the Monday show on Friday afternoon. I really try to get the summary out to you all as early as I can. i.e. I knew I would be gone today early, so I got up at 5 a.m. to download the video (thank you, Norma) and then watched it, wrote it up, posted it by 7:30 a.m.

I have to get hold of of Josh (he posted in there about what I would need) about where to go, for what I exactly am going to need. I sure wish the guy who installed my dish originally was still around. LOL

Anyway.....although I have a PayPal account, I don't think it is set up to receive money, just to pay out for me, so I have to look into that. Hopefully, I will try to get that info this weekend. gotta say, I loved just rewinding my tape in the a.m. sitting down & watching with my coffee and breakfast, really miss that.

Just waiting to find out where to send the money. I think you are not the only one that wants you to have the days ahead again. I loved reading the day ahead to see what was going to happen before I watched show to see what to watch for.

Digital Receiver

I posted a message before but I will send this one anyway. The digital receiver is not expensive. I have seen the Traxis 3500 for as low as $89.00 new. In fact, I got mine free when I ordered it along with a high definition receiver (which itself was a little pricey). It's not hard to operate but it's not going to be a plug and play like the DSR 922 or a C-band analog receiver. You will have to scan in the coordinates or auto scan the satellite. The Traxis comes with a users manual and if you buy from a good dealer, he or she will program in the satellites for you which is half the battle. Some on the satellite forums seem to think that this feed MAY at some time go HD. If that happens, you will need a Hi Def receiver which will cost you at least $350.00 but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I have had C-band since 1983 and am still relatively new to FTA/DVB myself. But I've had my two receivers for over a year and it's no big deal anymore. But it's NOT expensive, at least for the standard def receiver. It just depends on how bad you want to view your program a days ahead. I just don't want to get up at 4 or 5:00 a.m. and then have to go to work.

Frances

Hi Frances.......the thing is, my big C-band dish is "frozen" in place, aimed at E-6. So it is useless for me to worry about programming in all the satellites, as my dish will not move. And believe me, we have tried. So, I only get the one satellite, which is why I truly get concerned about which receiver to buy, etc. In addition, I have to order it, I have no tech installer and so if I run into trouble, would be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Thus my talk of "plug and play", etc.

Digital Receiver

Periot: If your dish is stuck on the Days satellite, you won't have any problem. From what I understand, the feed didn't change satellites, it just went digital. If you get a Traxis, I can help you program your info in. You just hook up your receiver as you have your analog receiver hooked in. I know a dealer who would be happy to help you. He got me a really good deal on my set up. If you can program a VCR, you could set up your DVB receiver. I went for years without knowing much about my C-band system and the loss of technicians in my area caused me to learn more about my system. I still need help but I'm pretty good at hooking up equipment and programming receivers now.

Frances

I just wanted to agree with John&Izzy, I too have been reading the day ahead at DaysCafe but it just isn't the same. I have been coming to this site for at least 2 years and I just registered today to say how much I appreciate what you do & all the hard work. I am 36, I became hooked because my Mom watched it. She passed away many years ago but I know she would get a giggle out of Stefano still being alive, lol. Now that I am registered you will most likely hear alot from me. Thanks again
Lisa

I really enjoy reading the DaysCafe but still visit here daily for the great conversation:smile:

I am lucky. I just call my brother. He loves getting his hands into anything technical and there is nothing he can't do. When he was small he would take about radios ect just to see how they work and put them back together. He now works in the stess department at Pratt. Went an engine piece breaks he finds out why.
That is why if we lived close I would send him over to Poirot's and he would find out the cheapest and fastest way to get the feed back. I remember him getting a line in from bell and he fixed a phone that he found and had his own phone in his bedroom.

Back