Ava Vitali, mafia princess

dachsie21

Reaction score
Can someone refresh my memory on her. I remember her being on the show but cant remember why or in what capacity. I think she is the one going after Steve and Kayla now.

John was more or less robot John at the time. He had a stilted way of talking. I do remember Ava's father more or less kept her a prisoner in the compound when she kidnapped Hope, and then Steve, Bo, Kayla......all were involved. Ava got involved with John AFTER her father was killed., and the other folks were back in Salem.

I forgot some of her story, too. Thanks for posting the link! I don't remember EJ being the lawyer, etc.

Ava's story was not only boring, but beyond stupid. First, she sabotaged the Black jet (was it ever replaced?), causing the death of beloved Dad Brady. (This all happened before Philip regrew his leg.) Steve then foolishly proclaimed to Kayla that he could "handle" Ava, which naturally led to them both being held captive in the Vitali "compound," where Steve was periodically dragged off to the crazy woman's bedroom, in her attempt to recreate their passionate trysts of yesteryear. Then, if memory serves, Bo and Hope tried to rescue Steve and Kayla, but ended up also being held prisoner. Somehow, they got out, but remarkably Ava was still allowed to roam free, leading to her affair with the blunt-spoken RoboJohn. She then fled Salem to avoid having to stand trial for all her assorted misdeeds. Perhaps, the highlight of the whole nonsensical affair was when Bo shot and killed Ava's crime lord father at the Brady Pub, an event that did not seem to faze the customers. Unfortunately, Caroline did not set up any historical exhibit to inform future diners about this event the way the Little Bohemia lodge in northern Wisconsin did to commemorate the Dillinger gang's shoot-out there with the FBI.

Another character that nobody really cares about, showing up to waste time. I don't remember much about that storyline, just that I didn't like it at the time. I think there are many other characters that could be brought back to make things interesting.

I rather liked Ava - after she was off the "medication" that the shrink was giving her that made her crazy. I actually liked her and Robo-John together.

Back