Bo/Hope or just Hope

DDDrama

Reaction score
Just my thoughts. I am/was a big Bo/Hope fan. They were the couple of my time. When I was a high school/college girl, they were the couple I watched and cheered for. They were so handsome and so beautiful and so young. I, too felt robbed because of the way things ended for this couple when Bo left town.

Hope was left with no story and things were left up in the air for far too long. I remember a comment made by Kristian Alfonso that Hope is not just part of Bo/Hope, that she is a character on her own, and there is more to come for Hope. As an actress, I am sure that it was tough for her to have to recreate herself as an actress and character without the story line of Bo/Hope, but that is a challenge that I am sure any actress would strive to overcome, and I believe that she did just that. We have seen her develop without Bo and move on.

As stated on many occasions, Peter Reckell (Bo) left on his own, and was only willing to come back for a short time, probably in order to give Bo a proper send off and to share in the anniversary. So basically, he is an employee that chose on his own to leave the "company" or show.

Now..... I think that the writers did a great job putting an ending to that stage of Hope, while not letting the Bo/Hope storyline linger for too long. If it did go on and we all got comfortable once again with them being together again, then the actress Kristian Alfonso (Hope) finds herself being part of the Bo/Hope coupling again only to have to reclaim her position as a solo actress that has a lot more to give us than just being Bo's side kick.

In my opinion, not only did the writers do us a favor, but also Kristian Alfonso (Hope) too by letting us see what a great job she can do, with and without Bo.

Back