Brady: "I've always wanted children"

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Did Brady seriously say this again?? BS!!!!! We all heard him flat out tell Nicole that he can never see himself married and having children and that practically had her jump at EJ when he asked her to come back to him. If they would have just had Brady say I've wanted kids for a long time it would sound sweet. But the always line is and will always be BS! This guy is so dumb I don't think he can even open up a box of cereal without help from the butler. Xander hit the nail on the head when he told Brady that he was spoiled and entitled.

edited to enlarge font - JS

SarahBeth if you can believe it I thought of you & what I assumed would be your reaction when he said that. Atrocious writing. If I were going to play "fan retcon," and try to "fix" this, I'd take Sparkster's route. He was letting Nicole down easy, using her as a no-strings "good time gal." If I had the time, I'd write a fan fiction episode where she clocks him one. LOL

And, I am also firmly on Xander's side in this. I'm no fan of roasting Nicole but he DID and DOES take care of himself with very little support from Victor. What support Victor does provide him is earned by doing the dirty business Victor wants/needs to do, but doesn't want to know about. Brady, meanwhile, is an entitled brat born with THREE silver spoons (Alamain and Tuscano and Kiriakis) in his mouth. Anyone in the real world who's done half of what he's done (in terms of illegal substances) would be doing at least a nickel in the Big House. He's running a huge media conglomerate.

While I agree this is most likely a writing inconsistency, people DO change as they get older and evolve. I grew up with a friend insistent on never having children and now she has 2. Life doesn't always turn out the way you want or plan.

I'm also on Team Xander. I love that he mentioned Brady, Daniel, Philip and Sonny! What a shame that these writers didn't simply go the jealousy route with Xander instead of turning him into a jewel thief and villain.

Back