"Clash of the Ozarks"

Yes, and I was appalled. It's time southern folk took on the TV networks for all the negative portrayals. It has gotten out of hand.

I got a kick of it. Hardy only has about 800 people.
Crowbar used to mow for me. After he stopped, his parents did. I really liked them.
The guy who said he owned half the town, I've never heard of.
The Hardy chief of police in the restaurant is also someone I know. I babysat his 3 kids. His youngest became a cop here in Cherokee Village.
Crowbar is really like that. He had a fishing show on for awhile...maybe it was just local.
Everyone at the grocery store was talking about the show this morning.

Anyone watch this last night?

Sunny,

I usually check out any of the shows about the wilder areas of our country, maybe remote is a better word, but I totally missed this. Could you tell me the network so I can look for a rerun?

It's on today at 6p, tomorrow at 7p, Saturday at 5p, Sunday at 11a, and Tuesday at 5p. New show Tuesday at 10p.

I watched at 6 today. I enjoyed it too! They've done the same thing in both the appalachians and the ozarks as far as how these areas are portrayed. Everyone's a hillbilly, there are more than a few barefooted wildmen, everyone is somehow or other involved in moonshinin', and heaven forbid if they ever show anyone with a full set of teeth or a decent haircut!

Those of us who were raised in either area learned a long time ago to laugh it off. No one
from the outside needs to know what we are truly like if they only expect to see what is just a limited depiction of the local population. I could expound on my point of view from now 'til doomsday, but I know it wouldn't make a difference, lol. I will just say that I don't worry about all of the crazy things "i been a readin' on this here new-fangled computer or a seein' on 'at" thar big ol' dish tv". " if 'em 'ere fellers wuz ta take out all these here gadjits with one a them ther' EMPs, why I don't reckon none o' us would have too very much trouble takin' keer of ourselves, our fam'lies, or our neighbors"
There's no one better to have by your side or at your back when you need them than good old country folk.

Too over the top?

Not at all, BiBi. I wasn't born and raised here, but have been here half my life now.
I'm originally from Chicago.
I'll watch more of the show. I find it fun.

The thing is, it doesn't matter where you live, people are people. And big cities have unusual or quirky folks/neighborhoods, communities, the same as small towns, whether it be up north, out west, The east, down south, or anywhere across the midwest. I have not watched the show at all, but from what is being said here, sounds like preying on the success of Duck Dynasty (and I have never watched that either) All these same areas also have lawyers, accountants, teachers, counselors, doctors, ministers, nurses, grocers, cooks, construction workers, repair men, the list goes on and on.
Just like Jay Leno roamed the streets of Los Angeles looking for the dumbest or silliest people to answer his man on the street questions, same holds true for those looking for an "interesting" show. After all, Jay knew it was more fun and more laughs if a person said there were 48 stars in the flag, or they could not count them because it was fluttering and moving, than if someone said "why, 50, of course". :)

I forgot the bayous down in louisiana (swamp people, etc). Lol.

I love to see some of these shows because they're interesting and can be fun.
There's always someone or something that sparks a thought about someone I've known or something that's happened in the area. Of course some things are scripted or edited, after all people wouldn't watch if they didn't keep it interesting.

Media portrayals are much more realistic with other areas of the country though; otherwise many of us might expect everyone from New York (city) to be "Vinnie Barbarino" for example. Lol. I haven't seen anyone be-boppin' around here without their teeth or shoes for at least a month or so. Hmmm....maybe they're all out in hollywood doing a show! Lol

This is just my opinion of course; thank goodness we are all allowed to have one and they can all be different. Otherwise, we might not have anything to watch on tv!

A few comments on the latest show...
Renee... Never heard her called the Baroness. My daughter Caryn worked for her for a while.
Caryn did the accounting for 3 of Renee's grocery stores.
Renee owned all the Price Choppers and Town & Countrys in AR and MO.
She has sold all but the Price Chopper in Hardy.
The big estate of hers is adjacent to Bigger's B&B, where my friend, Kris, and I go for dinner every week.
The Hardy Bank doesn't exist. They must have put the Hardy Bank sign on one of Kerry's store fronts to make it look more "Hillbilly".
Hardy's bank branches are in very modern buildings.
I'm still getting a big kick out of the show.
It's fun seeing people I know, places I go.
While shopping at the Town & Country this morning, I heard a worker tell another that he was going over to Price Chopper and the 1st worker said "Ah, you're going to see the Baroness!" He'd never heard her called that before the show either.

Back