Computer help

A

A. Guy

please! On my Dailey Days page, I cannot see a New Thread button. Think it's covered by an enlarged sort-of-a-banner in the upper right corner that lists my screen name, then a Staff on Line box, and below that a Members on Line box. I can't figure out how to get rid of this enlarged banner, and thus expose a New Thread button. Also, my page has no line of past page access numbers, either at the top, or bottom.

I'm not even going to mention the Kindle Fire problems... Any advice would be appreciated.

Try holding down the control key and then hit the minus key - should reduce font sizes and enable you to see . If you are using that Kindle Fire thing to access the board......no idea.

I had posted this in the Donuts thread a few days ago when you had asked, but it probably was missed in all of the posts that day.

Are you reading the Spectator with the Kindle Fire in portrait view? That is with the power button and charging port at the bottom??

Hold the Kindle Fire in landscape when at the Spectator. (Power button and charging port to your left or right.

If it still partially covers the top Spectator menu in landscape view, check your display settings.

With the Spectator loaded on your screen, touch the icon at the bottom to opening the menu. It is the one in the middle that looks like a square with horizontal lines (represents lines of text on a page.)

Touch the settings icon on the far right side.

Change your settings to:

Text size: "Normal"

Default zoom: "Medium"

Auto-fit pages: "ON"

Load images: "ON"

Touch the left pointing arrow in the bottom menu to go back to the Spectator.

That'll do it for you as long as you read the Spectator in landscape on your Kindle Fire. If you turn it to portrait, the top menu items will be covered again. Turn it back to landscape, and they'll reappear.

Thanks, all! I should have mentioned that the covered "New Thread" button is a Dell laptop issue. Shrunk with Alt--->+/-; no joy.
I finally got the Kindle reluctantly working via "Rich Text Editor" (whatever that is), as you guys suggested. Will endeavour to persevere!

Surprised it did not work using the control and minus keys. Hmmm.

Back