Dancing With The Stars

Steffee

Reaction score
Did you see Brant Daugherty that plans 'Brian' on Dancing With The Stars. Hot! Hot! Hot! and great moves on the dance floor!!

brantdaugherty.jpg

He did well, but why did I think he was blond?

It was a great show, amazing first-time performances, even by those who faltered and weren't as exceptional as others. I enjoyed Bill Nye the most, because seeing "The Science Guy' bringing it on the dance was such a treat. So proud of Amber Riley, representing big, beautiful women...Jack Osbourne, proving that even with MS, one is capable of challenging oneself, and for me, most of all, the radiant Valerie Harper, who is here against all odds and was so lovely and graceful. Sidebar to Valerie: This Thursday, September 19th, NBC is airing "Valerie's Story - a Meredith Viera Special," at 10 PM EST.

Can't say I disagreed with the first to go. Really did not know the guy. Thought nearly everyone did very well for the 2nd dances....loved the ones who did the jive. LOL

Agree about last night's elimination, Poirot. I am swayed a bit by what Whoopi Goldberg said on The View today...she WANTS to see people who CAN'T dance, learning to dance, vs those who clearly have talent already, like Corbin Bleu and Elizabeth Berkley. I get what she means. Someone like Jack Osborne, totally two left feet coming in, and look at him now! There is noticeable growth and improvement, a pleasure to watch. Seeing Leah Remini, who is doing very well, made me want to see Kevin James, her co-star on "The King of Queens." That man isn't a trained dancer by any means, but he can move, as anyone who watched the show knows. I'm sure we all have a wish list of stars to see on the show, but sometimes their schedules conflict with the show. I am still enjoying this season, even if it's obvious that some stars definitely have the competitive edge.

I'm not watching this year. Max is my favorite pro and I don't think he is on this year. Besides there are some excellent shows on Monday nights.

Bones
Sleepy Hollow
Castle

I would rather watch these!

While sad to see Valerie Harper eliminated last night, I think we all saw that coming. She is clearly struggling and even mentioed in rehearsal clips that she had received some bad news, though didn't elaborate. I am wondering if this is related to her illness. I thought she did a great job, certainly a lot better than I could have done, and I applaud her bravery.

Definitely agree about Valerie. She showed great courage, but clearly was struggling. I am glad she gave it a go, and agreed to do it.
@lovin-safe.....Castle is on AFTER DWTS.
And this season is horrible with good things to watch opposite each other, and other days being a dud. LOL
Mark is my fav pro. He is so innovative. But Max's brother Val is on this year, and Max just did not want to be on this year.

This is the first time since Season 10 where I really don't care if I watch or not. It's on the DVR but I tend to fast forward through. I think some of the pros(i.e. Cheryl, Tony, etc.) have let the fame go to their heads a little too much and that turns me off. Anna is my favorite pro and she is pregnant so not on this season.

On a side note, Maks' dance school is about 10 minutes from my house here in NY. I took a Latin dance class with him and Tony about a year and a half ago. Maks was a sweetheart. Tony was exactly the same as on tv.

Prayers to Valerie Harper. I was a fan of the Hogan Family show way back when.

I am enjoying this season more than I thought I would. Jack Osborne has surprised me and I absolutely adore Amber Riley. I usually tape this show and watch The Voice live because my husband watches The Voice with me.

It was definitely sad to see Valerie leave so early. The judges were right about her dance BUT she did with brain cancer!! I admire her so very much for having the courage to tackle this challenge despite her physical status.

Yes, I also admire Valerie for coming on board for this season. I also admire the show for asking her.
But, it is a dancing competition, and no matter how much we feel for the injured, or ill, if someone else is doing better, then that is who you vote for. And the judges have to score the same way.
Bill Nye really hurt his leg badly, his dr. told him NO WAY he should dance. So, he did that robot thing, which had him moving very little, his partner did all the work. Last season, Dorothy Hamill took herself out of the competion the 3rd or 4th week, because of a medical problem, an old injury that was acting up, and would become worse. Derek Hough injured himself a few seasons ago, and took himself out, giving his partner another pro for the one week.

Actually the show itself said this year, in particular, the show is plagued with more injuries than ever before.
I love to see the ones who never danced before just blossom as the weeks progress. Jack Osbourne has an illness, too, and he has been amazing, I think he has even surprised himself. :)

Back