Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, October 1, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
The show opens outside the pub with Nicole having a flashback to where Daniel told her that she is pregnant. She also remembers Colin Murphy’s telling her it would be very unlikely that she could become pregnant. Smiling, she says she’s going to have a baby with the man she loves.

At Chez Rouge, Maggie and EJ talk about Trent’s murder and Caroline. EJ sees Philip and joins him at his table. He asks Philip to tell Victor he doesn’t have a prayer.

Lucas returns to the DiMera home for Allie’s bear and finds Sami who has fainted.

EJ tells Phillp that his client has no intention of giving up her divorce settlement. Philip reminds EJ that Nicole was never legally married to Victor and she’s not entitled to squat. They banter back and forth about Nicole’s and Victor’s marriage.

At the police station, Victor demands to see Caroline and tries to bully the officer. Kayla comes into the room and tells the officer she can handle Victor. Kayla tells Victor that his kind of help is the last thing her mother needs. A worried looking Caroline paces back and forth in her cell when Bo comes to see her.

Lucas is still trying to awaken Sami, who finally comes to and wonders what happened. She remembers her grandmother’s being in jail and wants to go to her as Lucas says he is taking Sami to the doctor.

Victor doesn’t understand Kayla’s attitude, but Kayla is still adamant that she doesn’t need his help. She knows Victor loves Caroline but wants him to stay out of it since the DA doesn’t need any more ammunition against Caroline. Victor reminds her that he loves her mother and would never do anything to intentionally hurt her. Steve wants to know what Victor wanted as he Victor walks away.

Caroline and Bo talk about her situation and Caroline wonders if they have any other suspects. When Bo says they do, she hopes it isn’t Max. He reminds his mother how bad things look for her because she was found with a dead body and a murder weapon in her hand. He promises Caroline he will do everything he can to clear her and find something that will guarantee bail for her. Bo assures her they will find something to prove her innocence. Carolina warns Bo that if he does anything illegal this time she will turn him in herself.

Melanie is remembering what Bo told her about being a suspect in Trent’s murder and not to leave town. She overhears Maggie talking to a waiter about the influence that Victor has and Melanie seems to get an idea.

Philip’s associates arrive as EJ leaves and runs into Nicole, who gives him a knowing smile.

At the police station, Steve and Kayla are still talking about Victor’s wanting to help Caroline. Steve believes Victor has Caroline’s best interests at heart. Kayla thinks her mother is vulnerable right now, because Pop is not around to help her.

Caroline tells Bo she will get out without anything underhanded because she’s innocent. She urges Bo to play it straight and not do anything to jeopardize his job as police commissioner. He says Hope told him the same thing. Caroline knows her two sons will prove her innocence. (Two sons???) Victor comes to see Caroline and she wants to see him alone. He says it’s killing him to see her locked up like a criminal and that he had to come. Caroline jokes that she will probably be out in time to make chowder for supper. She makes Victor promise not to do anything and that he needs to stand back and let the justice system work.

At the hospital, a grumbling Sami is telling the doctor she’s Okay. She argues with Lucas saying there’s nothing wrong with her. Lucas says Maggie has the baby with her. The doctor’s going to run some tests.

Caroline begs Victor not to get involved and wonders if he believes she is innocent. He assures her that he knows she is. Caroline is sure the judge will set bail, but Victor doesn’t quite believe that. He reminds her that all the evidence points to her being a murderer and that he will fix things to get her out of jail. Caroline tells Victor if he hurts someone else while trying to help her, she could never forget it. He tells her he never stopped loving her and never will. He says he lost her before and he will not do it again. Victor begs Caroline to trust her if she ever loved him. She talks about how very much she loved him and how much she still cares for him. Caroline says God has never let her down and she hopes she can say the same about Victor when this is over.

Steve tells Kayla that the police are looking very closely at Melanie as a possible suspect. They talk about how Max also threatened to kill Trent. Steve says Nicole is a suspect too and explains that she was still legally married to Trent at the time of his death. Looking at a file Bo says this could be the break they’re looking for. Bo tells Kayla and Steve some cotton blend fibers were found on a rock and they did not match Trent’s clothing. Kayla and Bo talk about Victor and Kayla believes Victor is trying to manipulate Caroline because of his unrequited love for her. Kayla says Caroline can be weak where Victor is concerned.

At the restaurant Phillp sees Melanie staring at her and asks if he can help her. After finding out he is a Kiriakis, she says Philip is just the man she’s looking for.

Nicole tells EJ she was hoping she would run into him and drops the bombshell that she is pregnant.

Sami and Lucas are still sparring, as usual. Sami is surprised that Lucas is worried about her and he says he never stopped caring about her because she’s the mother of his kids. Sami wonders what went wrong between her and Lucas and Lucas says it wasn’t a “what” it was a “who.” Sami gives the nurse a hard time for wanting to take some blood. Lucas holds her hand and stays with her.

EJ asks Nicole if she is sure she’s pregnant. She tells him the doctors were wrong about her not being able to have children. EJ kisses her and tells her she has made him the happiest man in the world. Alas, it was just a dream. She hadn’t really told EJ about her pregnancy after all. EJ gets a phone call saying his meeting was canceled and he’s going to take Johnny to the zoo. Nicole says her news can wait. They make a date to meet for dinner tonight.

Melanie mistakes Philip for Victor and says she wants him to help her track down a killer.

An inpatient Sami is still arguing with Lucas, as he tries to assure her Caroline will be Okay. Sami makes a snide remark that Chloe may be wondering where Lucas is and talks about all the time they are spending together. He tells Sami that Chloe is going back to her singing. Lucas wonders if Sami is jealous. She admits to being a little jealous and that Chloe is not right for Lucas. Lucas says he can say the same thing about Sami and EJ and she assures him that she and EJ are not still together. She talks about getting a job and taking charge of her life and says there is going to be no Sami and EJ and nothing will change that.

Victor promises Caroline he will not do anything she would not approve of and that he will still continue to look for the killer. In a very tender moment between them, he tells Caroline it will be alright and has to leave. She looks very sad.

Bo tells Kayla that Caroline’s were the only fingerprints found on the murder weapon. The DA tells Bo in a phone call that Carolina will be charged with murder as a worried Victor looks on.

Kayla and Bo are with Caroline in the cell as Bo tells her about the final lab report and that her fingerprints were the only ones found on the murder weapon. When Caroline asks what that means Kayla tells her that the DA is going to charge her and she will have to stand trial for murder.

Melanie has evidently told Philip her story about Trent’s murder and he wonders why she wants his help. She says his family is very powerful and they have connections. Philip tells Melanie that he is not a private investigator and neither is Victor as he walks off.

Nicole is still a jabbering when EJ kisses her on the cheek and says he just wanted her to stop talking. He invites her to the mansion for dinner. He admits he is curious about Nicole’s news but she won’t give him any hints. She tells him to prepare for a big surprise.

Lucas is proud of Sami for the plans she has about her life and about standing on her own two feet. He wishes her luck and says she is strong and does not need a man to lean on, especially EJ. Lucas says he will be there for her and Sami agrees that she needs to be on her own. She wants to be someone her family can be proud of and nothing will stand in her way. The doctor gives her the happy news that she’s pregnant. Color Sami and Lucas shocked.

Previews:
Nicole tells John about her pregnancy.
Sami says she can’t be pregnant and Lucas remembers when it happened.
Daniel and Kate talk about her condition.

I watched this episode & I thought it was really good. But I still do not like Melanie at all.
Poor Caroline!! I hope she can get out of this. I just loved the scenes with her & Victor today!!! I just adore those two!!

Thanks for the write up Kath lu...you ar spot on!!

Fabulous summary, thanks KathyLu!

I can't wait to see the scenes between Caroline and Victor!

Thanks for the summary KathyLu. I just loved the look on Sami's face at the end of the show when the doctor tells her that she is Pregnant.

I actually got to see the first 10 min of todays show as I went home on lunch and oh man its so sweet Lucas trying to wake up Sami he says "I'm here baby I'm here wake up" and when he gets her up he holds her soooo close....awww...makes me wish for the good ol' days with Sami and Lucas together....I know they bicker a lot but lots of couples do so its not all that unrealistic....maybe they will end up together in the end....as I said before I don't care who Sami lands I just hope its someone!!

But she has three sons.

kpatch, the scenes between Caroline and Victor were fabulous!!!

I thought she had 4 including Frankie. Frankie the lawyer should come back to save Ma.

Looks like a good episode.

Kathy.....Fabulous write-up. Thank you so very much!!

As to Caroline's comment about the 2 sons.....she definitely meant her policemen sons. I liked that Days did not forget Kim, and had Kayla talking to her, promising to keep her posted.

I did NOT like Maggie greeting EJ so enthusiastically......but....o.k.
I thought it rather lame that after EJ made such a fuss about taking Johnny to the zoo, he foists him off on Lexie in order to meet a client AT A RESTAURANT, & the client doesn't show. If it was that important.......the office is the place, and the same goes for Philip & his Japanese business men. Just my opinion.
Yes I know business is conducted over lunches and dinners, but in both those cases, the excuses were rather flimsy for EJ & Philip being at Chez Rouge.
and then, Lucas has Maggie watching Allie. HOW?? Isn't she at work running her restaurant??? sigghhhh. Da plot, da plot, da plot!!

And another thing...

What was the point of EJ taunting Philip about his father's divorce settlement? It was unprofessional and uncalled for. It will get back to Victor and only make him madder.

Does Kayla now work for the Salem PD? Why were Steve and Bo telling her every little thing? I know it's her mother who's in jail, but she's a doctor, not a lawyer or a policeman. Seemed weird. But I did like the fact that she called her sister Kim to give her an update.

Who was that doctor who told Sami she's pregnant? He was CUTE! I hope he stays on the show (and no, I won't start matching him up with female characters). As an aside, did anyone else think that all that talk about Sami being an expert forger on yesterday's show was a foreshadow to some new scheme Sami is going to pull? I just hope that Lucas doesn't hire her on at Titan. Didn't she once briefly work there already?

You're right KathyLu, I did love the Victor/Caroline scenes. They were touching. I have to give the writers their due. It was a stroke of genius to make Caroline the chief suspect. A far more emotional story for viewers than if it were anyone else. We love our Caroline.

Salem needs a permanent babysitter!

Kathy.....Fabulous write-up. Thank you so very much!!

I thought it rather lame that after EJ made such a fuss about taking Johnny to the zoo, he foists him off on Lexie ..........
and then, Lucas has Maggie watching Allie. HOW?? Isn't she at work running her restaurant??? sigghhhh. Da plot, da plot, da plot!!

I agree Kathy :clap: :clap:

Lucas took Allie to Grams the other day - wonder where Grams and Allie were??? - LOL

Seriously, I love Frances Reid, and I'm glad they mention her from time to time.

With 2 more babies joining the cast soon, they need to hire an actress as a permanent babysitter!

Thanks for the recap KathyLou. I actually got to watch the show yesterday for the first ime in a while. I take care of 85 yo dad so don't get to see it often (we watch old movies for him).
I was very touched with the scenes between Victor and Caroline. I just love them together.
I can't say that I like Melanie to much, she seams like a spoiled brat.
Well thanks again.

Sami pregnant by Lucas

Didn't Sami and Lucas sleep together? So couldn't the baby be his?

Back