"Days of Our Lives" 50th Anniversary: In Memory

I'm trying to remember the name of the woman [both the character and the actor] who played Doug's wife before Julie. Dumond??? Isn't that actor deceased? Is she on this list? There is one woman pictured that I thought might possibly be her.
Hope's mom? Addie. Don't remember the actress's name. I've misplaced my soaps book with Bo and Hope on the from. Listed all the sops, their length and ll the actors.

Jason puts so much time in gathering this material together, hours and hours, finding pics, and I know, at times, $$$ from his pocket to acquire some info....fine with me if we add info ourselves. Just grateful he has a site where all this info is available. I know I depend on it a lot.

Addie was played by two actresses, Patricia Huston and Patricia Barry.

gramcracker, are you thinking of Doug's first wife, Kim Douglas?

Then it's up to the mods here to add the names since we want everyone to know who is being discussed. Nothing worse than having no clue who someone is or who they played on the show.

That's certainly fine. I just don't need a "note" added at the end of my original posts stating the reason why names have been added. I've already alerted you as to why sometimes my posts don't have character names attached. So, in the future, if a mod needs to add character names to the post, please do so, but the note isn't really needed.

Thanks, Jason, for the list and the time and effort you took to put it together.

When I see a name of an actor or actress I do not know, I find it only takes a few seconds to google the information to find a character's name. What I really hate on some of the other boards are when posters just use an actor's initials in order to save time typing, which can be quite confusing to know as an example if "MA" is used, are they talking about Matthew Ashford (Jack) or Melissa Archer (Serena). Also, they are sometimes referring to actors on one of the other soaps instead of Days.

When I see a name of an actor or actress I do not know, I find it only takes a few seconds to google the information to find a character's name.
This is true, but it's still annoying to have to go to a different site to look it up.

I read another board for Y&R and B&B spoilers. They allow nicknames, initials, actors' first names, combo names or just using the actors' names without referencing the character name. And while I've watched Y&R and B&B since they started, I don't keep up with the names of the actors who are on the shows. Many times, I find myself having no clue who is being discussed due to not using the characters' names with the actors' names.

JasonD......that happened years ago. He was very young. 44, at the time, and it was a tear in the aorta that caused his sudden death. Same thing that happened to John Ritter. Interesting thing about Biggs, he was completely deaf in one ear, partially deaf in the other, and learned sign language as a young boy. I wonder if he is the one who taught Steven Nichols (Steve) & Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) for the two storylines. (when Steve & Kayla found Benjy, who was deaf, and when Kayla herself became deaf.) I loved the friendship between Patch & Marcus (Biggs & Nichols) who were raised together in an orphanage.

That's certainly fine. I just don't need a "note" added at the end of my original posts stating the reason why names have been added. I've already alerted you as to why sometimes my posts don't have character names attached. So, in the future, if a mod needs to add character names to the post, please do so, but the note isn't really needed.
I get that you don't want add the character names, but it is a board rule. Others who don't follow the rule also get an edit note.

JasonD......that happened years ago. He was very young. 44, at the time, and it was a tear in the aorta that caused his sudden death. Same thing that happened to John Ritter. Interesting thing about Biggs, he was completely deaf in one ear, partially deaf in the other, and learned sign language as a young boy. I wonder if he is the one who taught Steven Nichols (Steve) & Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) for the two storylines. (when Steve & Kayla found Benjy, who was deaf, and when Kayla herself became deaf.) I loved the friendship between Patch & Marcus (Biggs & Nichols) who were raised together in an orphanage.

44? Wow he was younger than I thought. For some reason, I thought he was around 50. Still too young to die either way. Heart defects are a scary thing when they go undiagnosed. I still remember John Ritter's death. It was interesting to see his widow Amy Yasbeck at the Days 50th party over the weekend.

I get that you don't want add the character names, but it is a board rule. Others who don't follow the rule also get an edit note.
Also, @Jason47, the messages now read whether the post was edited by a moderator or by the poster, so the mods adding a note at the end of the post will help readers understand what was changed. :)

Back