Days of Our Lives - Fri.,Feb. 14, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, February 14, 2020

Tis Valentine's Day in Salem, and folks are mostly getting ready for Gabi & Eli's wedding. Abby gives Chad a cute card from her and the kids. They are ready to leave, Harold calls about a light being on in the gatehouse. Chad will go check, meet Abby at the wedding.

Brady comes to get Kristen, who is not dressed, wasn't going to go. He has a charm for her bracelet, she brings it out, lots of yada, yada. She goes to get dressed, has changed her mind, returns, he has to zip up her dress, but his sex urge comes upon him, and ...well, she did not want to go the wedding anyway. Clothes come off, and falling on the bed, of course.

JJ is in his tuxedo, as is Eli, who is all excited about his wedding, but JJ is thinking sadly of Haley. Eli goes off, sits outside in the garden, where in the shadows stands Lani. Eli is flashing back to his wedding to Lani.

Meanwhile, Gabi is getting ready, Looks at a picture of Stefan, then does a long rehash, telling him of all she did since she last saw him alive, and next he was dead. She goes thru the litany of hating Lani, identifying his body, Julie needing his heart, making Lani beg on her knees for it, then still hurting so badly she made Lani dump Eli at the altar, etc. etc. And now she is going to marry Eli, she knows Stefan would want her to move on, to be happy, Eli makes her happy. But her heart will always belong to Stefan, she will never forget him. She is tearful as she goes on and on, finally ending. Later, Rafe arrives, will be giving away his sister, wants to walk her to the square. Julie is performing the ceremony.

Eli & Abe are talking, mostly about Lani, Abe yaks about her becoming a nun, Val comes in, Eli has asked Abe to the wedding, hopes Val doesn't mind. Nope. Good, as he has to leave the two together.

At the gatehouse, Ben is urging Ciara to leave right now, she refuses, they argue, she will never leave him. She loves him, etc. etc. Chad comes in, shocked to see Ben, what is he doing there, he sees Ciara, is going to turn in Ben. She begs and pleads with him, Chad is adamant, Ciara insisting Ben did not kill his sister, but Chad talks of what Ben did to Abby, the 3 people he killed. She is pleading, Ben is changed, not the same person. But Ben agrees, admits, even mentioning trying to kill Will. Ciara is frantic, it was Clyde, you were mentally ill, he was telling you to do those things. She begs Chad, who finally says it is Valentine's Day, but I am turning you in tomorrow. He leaves, Ciara tells Ben they have this day, Valentine's Day, we have to make the most of it. Kiss.

Abby went to hospital to get Julie, and now they are at the wedding. Chad comes in, will fill Abby in later. Guests are seated, in comes Gabi (in her skintight, bare shoulder, barely covering her butt, white wedding dress) on the arm of Rafe. And thus begins the long, drawn out ceremony. Julie welcomes all, starts the “we are gathered here”, reactions shots. Bridge and groom recite vows, individually. Julie asks who gives the bride, Rafe stands, says no one tells Gabi what she can and cannot do. Time to exchange rings. JJ is distracted, thinking of something else, ooops, is sorry, rummages thru various pockets, finally coming up with the rings. Now we do more vows as each puts ring on other's finger. Julie drags out the “I now pronounce you”......as suddenly Lani, in her nun outfit, comes in, stopping the wedding.

What gives with the scanty clothes on some females? Kristen appears in bikini beach top, wedding dress bare arms. Gabi in very revealing outfits...is it really that hard for wardrobe to remember it is winter in the midwest? Even inside, people are not bare armed, bare legged......

I do love that everyone keeps saying "Hey Abigail did some pretty horrible things when she wasn't in her right mind". I'm glad they haven't just forgotten she killed a man. I am still not an Abigail/Chad fan. I personally do not think they are soul mates. I will be glad when Ben is free. It's Salem, I'm sure they will gloss over him escaping.

Gabi's little speech to herself made it seem like she has a conscience. And that she really cares for Julie now. Apparently she does not believe Eli really loves her and would return to Lani in a heartbeat. Originally I really liked Gabi and Eli. Was funny when JJ was spacing when it was time for the rings. I am hoping this is the end of Gabi's game but seriously Lani? In the nun habit? Can they please let that storyline die too?

I just cannot deal with Brady and Kristen. What is John going to say when he finds out his son is stupidly involved with that woman again?! They only got started because she wanted revenge on John.

She begs and pleads with him, Chad is adamant, Ciara insisting Ben did not kill his sister,

I had a brain freeze reading this.... OVER AND OVER.... But Chad didn't have a sister..... so Ben couldn't have harmed Chad's sister..... duh..... it was Ben's sister that Ben didn't kill.......

I'm heading back to reading comprehension school now..... duh.........

The best part of the show was Lani walking in at the end.

How did sweaty post workout/exercise Kristen get showered and changed so quickly? She must've zapped those sweaty workout clothes off along with the sweat and odor.

What the heck was that green monstrosity that Abigail was wearing?

While the procedure takes a couple hours, they do want you to stay in hospital overnight, so you could be monitored. Maybe Julie had it done yesterday late afternoon/early evening.???? Plus, she already had the wires in, so was only getting the pacemaker itself replaced......maybe that would take less time???

What gives with the scanty clothes on some females? Kristen appears in bikini beach top, wedding dress bare arms. Gabi in very revealing outfits...is it really that hard for wardrobe to remember it is winter in the midwest? Even inside, people are not bare armed, bare legged......
My thoughts exactly. News coverage of today's wedding could easily report that the bride was overcome with hypothermia and was taken to University Hospital suffering from serious frostbite. As for Brady and Kristen, they are absolutely ridiculous. They couldn't contain their raging hormones long enough to make it to the Gabi-Eli nuptials? Finally, Lani gets low grades for her wedding disruption technique. Marching In wearing that coat and floppy hat might have met Salem standards, but arriving in her old nun's habit was absolutely absurd. She's lucky that the audience didn't start pointing and laughing at her.

Last edited:
Every time I have to miss the show, I read the write-up and think--glad I missed it. Just so many characters I don't like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Poirot.

An interesting day in Salem.

Interesting to hear Gabi talk to Stefan about what has happened since he died. Does she regret
what she did with the pacemaker to stop Lani's wedding? Nah, she has control over the new one
too.

Nice to see Valerie since she missed Eli's last wedding.

Sad to watch JJ today after he told Eli why he's looked so sad. He was thinking about Haley.

At first, I thought he couldn't find the rings to delay the wedding, but he was just sad.

Then Julie said "What's a Salem wedding without any drama?"

Lani took her sweet time to make an appearance. She waited until Julie was going to
pronounce them husband and wife.

Thought the same.....tho, because it went on for so long, am assuming it was to catch up those who don't watch all the time, or new viewers.

The time for big splashy weddings is long gone now, instead they are small affairs, drama included, rarely ending in an actual marriage. Sigghhhhh.

Back