Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 27, 2018

I've seen bad guys go good; but they're going to have to really work with Ben's character to make it believable. Steve was a hired goon who messed up Kayla's apartment and occasionally passed some info on to baddies. Ben literally strangled people. He's going to have to save a truckload of babies while simultaneously curing cancer and inventing a permanent replacement for everything plastic.

Still morbidly fascinated by the Ben and Ciara scenes, however.

ted-mosby-something-wrong-with-me.gif

Also happy with the back-to-back Steve and Kayla scenes. I have to admit I was hoping for some flashbacks for the 30-year anniversary, but the scenes with him seeing again have made slogging through the "who messed up the custody battle" storyline well worth it.

Also, Hope just standing there and watching Eve strangling Ben made me audibly groan. I get she's worried, but she's supposed to be an officer of the law. Come on, woman!

She'd feel pretty low, since Eve would replace her as Police Commissioner.
Eve for police commissioner? Why not? She's only marginally less qualified than hopeless Hope. As for redeeming Ben, the writers could accomplish this by undoing his murders. After all, Will returned to life, reducing Ben's score from four to three. It would be easy to declare that Paige has secretly been in a sanitarium ever since Ben's attack, that Serena faked her own death to avoid Fred-the-Elephant-related criminal charges, and that the death of Wendy the midwife was just an ugly, untrue rumor. This would leave Ben guilty only of assault or attempted murder, which in Salem are usually most forgivable.

Last edited:
Back